Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 183 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow , the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Q&A for work
Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search.
Photos and Animated .gif disappear in Open Office Impress
I use Open Office on Windows 8.
When I create Presentation using Impress, I insert photos and animated .gifs.
However, if I move that Impress presentation, or delete the referring photos and animated gifs, all the multimedia disappears from Impress.
I even emailed myself a copy of the Impress presentation and all the photos and animations have disappeared.
How on Earth do I fix this?
I have an online presentation to give in about a week, and I wish to give a copy of the Impress presentation to viewers, which includes the animations, rather than exporting to static .pdf.
- When you say you email them to yourself, are you viewing them on a different computer or they don't even show up on the same computer? – MC10 Aug 18, 2015 at 15:01
- @MC10 Both. When I email them to myself and open on different computer, the graphics in the presentation disappear. And in the original computer, if I delete the original clipart folder, the graphics in the presentation disappear. – Rhonda Aug 18, 2015 at 15:12
- 1 Make sure the images are embedded, not linked . – MC10 Aug 18, 2015 at 15:15
- @MC10 Gonna try this – Rhonda Aug 18, 2015 at 15:18
- @MC10 Thank you so much, it works! – Rhonda Aug 19, 2015 at 14:28
You probably have the pictures linked, instead of embedded . When you insert them, make sure the Link checkbox is not ticked. If they are linked, you will still need the source file or they will disappear as you said. If you embed them, they no longer need the source files.
If you have already added them and they are linked, don't worry. There is a way to remove the links. Go to the Edit menu and then Links... .
If links exist, you can select Break Link , and that will remove the link and embed your image.
Images from source linked above: http://openoffice.blogs.com/openoffice/2008/05/how-to-make-sur.html
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you're looking for browse other questions tagged openoffice presentations openoffice-impress ..
- The Overflow Blog
- Fighting comment spam at Facebook scale (Ep. 602)
- What it’s like being a professional workplace bestie (Ep. 603)
- Featured on Meta
- Moderation strike: Results of negotiations
- Our Design Vision for Stack Overflow and the Stack Exchange network
Hot Network Questions
- How do I select an array to loop through from an array of arrays?
- Short story about an engineer coming back to an abandoned city where only the robots are working. I read it in an anthology in the 1970's
- Can analog bandwidth be modeled as an RC low-pass filter in this way?
- Can a public domain character be subject to trademarks?
- Why do we have 2 /usr directories
- Sustainable eating habits as a pilot
- Salary hike for Teaching
- Correcting how a student writes symbols
- Why quantum entanglement for a non-local object needs explanation?
- 13 puzzles I like
- How does AI 'see' the images it generates, meaning from what perspective?
- Why do the Nordics have a low birth rate despite their government providing all parents with free childcare and parental leave?
- TV-series with wizards and swords, with fat companion
- What are the balance implications of removing spell lists?
- What RPG had space travel, star gates, and an organization maybe called "Brothers of Battle"?
- move the instance collection to the point of contact with the plane?
- Two ideal ohmmeters in parallel
- Has anyone been charged with a crime committed in space?
- Extend ethernet cable
- Express a "not equal to A or B" criterion in Select
- Migrating Windows to a new internal drive, changing drive letters?
- Do vampires gain exhaustion during a chase?
- Linux CLI tool for testing audio
- RAID configuration on new server
User community support forum for Apache OpenOffice, LibreOffice and all the OpenOffice.org derivatives
Skip to content
- Board index Applications Impress
Pictures keep disappearing.
Post by travisoutlaw101 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am
Re: Pictures keep disappearing.
Post by floris v » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:43 am
Post by RPG » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:16 am
Post by travisoutlaw101 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:57 am
RPG wrote: Hello I think : when you compress all the pictures your presentation is more stable. Select the picture and then right click. Choose compress. You can also compress the picture before you use them in the presentation. Keep a copy of the originals. Romke
Post by floris v » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:06 am
Post by Zizi64 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:23 am
right-clicked on photos but there was no "Compress" option.
Post by Mr.Dandy » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:11 pm
Return to “Impress”
- Getting started
- ↳ Survival guide
- ↳ Beginners
- ↳ Getting Started Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Getting Started Guide for 3.x
- ↳ Install, Setup and Troubleshooting
- ↳ Admin Guide
- ↳ MS Windows
- ↳ Linux
- ↳ Mac OSX
- ↳ LibreOffice
- ↳ Tutorials
- ↳ Writer
- ↳ Calc
- ↳ Base
- ↳ Database Examples
- ↳ Writer Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Writer Guide for 3.x
- ↳ Writer Tutorials
- ↳ Templates
- ↳ Advanced Uses
- ↳ Calc Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Calc Guide for 3.x
- ↳ Calc Functions
- ↳ Calc Tutorials
- ↳ Impress
- ↳ Impress Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Impress Guide for 3.x
- ↳ Draw
- ↳ Draw Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Draw Guide for 3.x
- ↳ Math
- ↳ Math Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Math Guide for 3.x
- ↳ Base Guide for 4.x
- ↳ Wiki
- ↳ Base Tutorials
- ↳ Tables & Queries
- ↳ Forms
- ↳ External Data Sources
- ↳ Reporting
- Customizing and Extending
- ↳ Macros and UNO API
- ↳ Basic Guide
- ↳ External Programs
- ↳ UNO API and ODF
- ↳ Code Snippets
- ↳ Extension Repository
- ↳ Macro Repository
- ↳ Extensions
- ↳ Extensions page
- ↳ General Discussion
- ↳ Site Feedback
- ↳ Forum Governance
- ↳ User Experience (UX)
- ↳ Announcements
- ↳ Institutions & Educational
- ↳ Paid support
- ↳ Consultants Directory
- Board index
- All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Privacy | Terms