Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Social skills
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Vocabulary cards
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
Download & Print Only $2.50
2nd Grade Math Word Problems Worksheets
Math word problem worksheets for grade 2.
These word problem worksheets place 2nd grade math concepts in contexts that grade 2 students can relate to. We provide math word problems for addition, subtraction, multiplication, time, money and fractions.
We encourage students to read and think about the problems carefully, and not just recognize an answer pattern. We facilitate this by:
- providing a number of mixed word problem worksheets (e.g. subtraction questions mixed in with addition questions)
- sometimes including irrelevant data within word problems so students must understand the context before applying a solution
Addition word problems for grade 2
Simple addition (1-2 digits)
Slightly harder addition (1-3 digits)
Subtraction word problems for grade 2
Simple subtraction (1 and 2 digit numbers)
Subtracting 1-3 digit numbers
Mixed addition and subtraction word problems
Mixed addition and subtraction within 20
Mixed addition and subtraction (two digits)
More mixed addition and subtraction word problems
Multiplication word problems
Multiplication within 25
Measurement word problems
Length word problems
Time word problems
Time and elapsed time (1/2 hour intervals)
Time and elapsed time (5 minute intervals)
Money word problems
Counting money (coins and bills)
Fraction word problems
Write and compare fractions from a story
Mixed word problems
Mix of all above types of grade 2 word problems
Mix of just addition / subtraction / multiplication word problems
Sample Grade 2 Word Problem Worksheet
More word problem worksheets
Explore all of our math word problem worksheets , from kindergarten through grade 5.
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
- Home |
- About |
- Contact Us |
- Privacy |
- Copyright |
- Shop |
- 🔍 Search Site
- Halloween Color By Number
- Halloween Dot to Dot
- Kindergarten Halloween Sheets
- 1st Grade Halloween Sheets
- Puzzles & Challenges
- Christmas Worksheets
- Easter Color By Number Sheets
- Printable Easter Dot to Dot
- Easter Worksheets for kids
- All Generated Sheets
- Place Value Generated Sheets
- Addition Generated Sheets
- Subtraction Generated Sheets
- Multiplication Generated Sheets
- Division Generated Sheets
- Money Generated Sheets
- Negative Numbers Generated Sheets
- Fraction Generated Sheets
- Place Value Zones
- Number Bonds
- Addition & Subtraction
- Times Tables
- Fraction & Percent Zones
- All Calculators
- Fraction Calculators
- Percent calculators
- Area & Volume Calculators
- Age Calculator
- Height Calculator
- Roman Numeral Calculator
- Coloring Pages
- Fun Math Sheets
- Math Puzzles
- Mental Math Sheets
- Online Times Tables
- Online Addition & Subtraction
- Math Grab Packs
- All Math Quizzes
- 1st Grade Quizzes
- 2nd Grade Quizzes
- 3rd Grade Quizzes
- 4th Grade Quizzes
- 5th Grade Quizzes
- 6th Grade Math Quizzes
- Place Value
- Rounding Numbers
- Comparing Numbers
- Number Lines
- Prime Numbers
- Negative Numbers
- Roman Numerals
- Fraction Worksheets
- Learning Fractions
- Fraction Printables
- Percent Worksheets & Help
- All Geometry
- 2d Shapes Worksheets
- 3d Shapes Worksheets
- Shape Properties
- Geometry Cheat Sheets
- Printable Shapes
- Math Conversion
- Statistics Worksheets
- Bar Graph Worksheets
- Venn Diagrams
- All Word Problems
- Finding all possibilities
- Logic Problems
- Ratio Word Problems
- All UK Maths Sheets
- Year 1 Maths Worksheets
- Year 2 Maths Worksheets
- Year 3 Maths Worksheets
- Year 4 Maths Worksheets
- Year 5 Maths Worksheets
- Year 6 Maths Worksheets
- All AU Maths Sheets
- Kindergarten Maths Australia
- Year 1 Maths Australia
- Year 2 Maths Australia
- Year 3 Maths Australia
- Year 4 Maths Australia
- Year 5 Maths Australia
- Meet the Sallies
Year 2 Maths Worksheets UK Hub Page
Welcome to Math Salamanders Year 2 Maths Worksheets hub page.
In our Year 2 area, you will find a wide range of printable math worksheets and Maths activities for your child to enjoy.
Come and take a look at our dot-to-dot pages, or our maths games. Perhaps you would prefer our 2d shape worksheets, or learning about numbers using our number line worksheets?
Hopefully you will find something here to meet your child's maths requirements!
- This page contains links to other Math webpages where you will find a range of activities and resources.
- If you can't find what you are looking for, try searching the site using the Google search box at the top of each page.
Year 2 Maths Learning
Here are some of the key learning objectives for the end of Year 2:
- know and use Place value up to 100
- Compare and order numbers up to 100
- Counting on and back in 1s and 10s
- count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Position numbers on a number line up to 1000
- use addition and subtraction facts to 20
- use related facts for addition and subtraction
- add or subtract 1 or 10 from a 2-digit number
- add and subtract 2-digit numbers
- number bonds to 100 using tens only
- add three single-digit numbers
- recognise and make equal groups
- use the x symbol to write multiplication sentences
- use arrays and pictures to represent multiplication sentences
- know multiplication facts for the 2, 5 and 10 times table
- recognise and find a half, a quarter and a third
- understand and use fraction notation
- understand the equivalence of a half and two-quarters
- count on in halves, thirds and quarters up to 10
- count in pence: 1p, 2p ,5p, 10p and 20p
- count in pounds: £1, £2, £5, £10 and £20
- find a simple total or difference between two money amounts
- find the change from simple amounts
- tell the time: o'clock, half-past, quarter-past and to
- understand and compare durations of time
- compare and measure length, mass, volume, capacity and temperature
- read a variety of scales going up in 1s, 2s, 5s and 10s
- recognise 2D and 3D shapes
- count sides and vertices on 2D shapes
- count faces, edges and vertices on 3D shapes
- sort and make patterns with 2D and 3D shapes
- describe movement and turns
- make tally charts
- draw and interpret pictograms
- understand and use block diagrams
Our site is mainly based around the US Elementary school math standards.
Though the links on this page are all designed primarily for students in the US, but they are also at the correct level and standard for UK students.
The main issue is that some of the spelling is different and this site uses US spelling.
Year 2 is generally equivalent to 1st Grade in the US.
On this page you will find link to our range of math worksheets for Year 2.
Quicklinks to Year 2 ...
- Place Value Zone
- Mental Math Zone
Word Problems Zone
- Measurement Zone
Data analysis zone.
- Fun Zone: games and puzzles
Coronavirus Stay At Home Support
For those parents who have found themselves unexpectedly at home with the kids and need some emergency activities for them to do, we have started to develop some Maths Grab Packs for kids in the UK.
Each pack consists of at least 10 mixed math worksheets on a variety of topics to help you keep you child occupied and learning.
The idea behind them is that they can be used out-of-the-box for some quick maths activities for your child.
They are completely FREE - take a look!
- Free Maths Grabs Packs
Place Value & Number Sense Zone
Year 2 Place Value Charts
Here you will find a range of Free Printable Place Value Charts for Year 2.
These printable charts will help your child learn to read and write numbers.
Some of the charts are partially filled to help your child learn their place value.
Using these sheets will help your child to:
- learn to count in tens and ones;
- learn to read and write numbers.
- Printable Number Charts 0-99
- Hundred Number Charts (100 Squares)
- Number Grid up to 200
Place Value and Counting Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Year 2 Place Value Worksheets.
These Year 2 maths worksheets will help your child learn their place value, reading, writing and ordering numbers up to 100.
There are also some money worksheets involving counting in dimes and pennies to support place value learning.
- learn to order numbers to 100;
- learn to count in dimes and pennies;
- learn to read and write numbers to 100.
Year 2 Place Value Worksheets
- Place Value to 20 Worksheets
- Math Place Value Worksheets Tens and Ones
- Ordering 2-digit numbers Worksheets
- Greater than Less than Worksheets - up to 2 digit numbers
- Printable Counting Worksheets to 50
- Missing Number Chart 1-100
- Counting by 2s Worksheets
- Math Worksheets Counting by 1s 5s and 10s
Number Line Worksheets
Here is our selection of free printable number line worksheets for Year 2 pupils.
These first grade math worksheets will give your child a good grasp of place value and number sequences up to 100.
- count on and back by ones;
- position numbers to 100 on a number line.
- Number lines to 20
- Number lines to 100
Year 2 Mental Maths Zone
Here you will find a range of printable mental math sheets designed especially for Year 2 children.
Each quiz tests the children on a range of math topics from number facts and mental arithmetic to geometry, solving word problems and measures questions.
A great way to revise topics, or use as a weekly math quiz!
- Year 2 Printable Mental Maths
Top of Page
Year 2 Addition Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Free Printable Addition Worksheets to support Year 2.
The following first grade math worksheets involve adding different amounts.
- learn their addition facts to 12+12;
- learn to solve an addition fact where one of the addends is missing;
- learn to add numbers in columns up to 100.
- Number Bonds to 10 and 12
- Addition Sentences to 12
- Addition Fact Practice to 12
- Addition Facts to 20 Worksheets
- Adding tens
- Addition Word Problems
- 2 Digit Addition Without Regrouping
- 2 Digit Addition Worksheets With Regrouping
- Free Addition Worksheets (randomly generated)
Year 2 Subtraction Worksheets
Here you will find a range of Year 2 Subtraction Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve using the Math skills of subtracting.
Using these Year 2 maths worksheets will help your child to:
- learn their addition and subtraction facts to 12;
- learn to subtract 2 digit numbers.
- Subtraction Facts to 12
- Subtracting tens
- Subtraction Word Problems
- Two Digit Subtraction Worksheets Without Regrouping
- 2 Digit Subtraction Worksheets With Regrouping
- Free Subtraction Worksheets (randomly generated)
Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
If you need to mix and match addition and subtraction fact questions within the same sheet, then use this section here.
The addition and subtraction worksheets involve counting on and back with numbers to 12.
- Math Activities Addition and Subtraction to 12
- Add and Subtract 10 Worksheets
- Addition Subtraction Worksheets (randomly generated)
- Addition and Subtraction Problems
Year 2 Maths Word Problems
Here you will find a range of math word problems aimed at Year 2 level. Each problem sheet is based on an interesting theme such as parties or the seaside.
- Add and subtract with numbers to 12;
- order numbers to 100;
- solve a range of math problems.
- Maths Problems for Year 2
Longer Math Problems
- Year 2 Maths Problems (1st Grade)
Year 2 Geometry Worksheets
Here is a range of free geometry worksheets for Year 2 pupils.
The following worksheets will help your child to:
- Identify and name a range of 2d and 3d shapes;
- Draw 2d shapes;
- Know some of the properties of 2d shapes.
- Year 2 Geometry Worksheets (1st Grade)
Measurement Zone, including Time & Money
Year 2 measurement worksheets.
Here is our selection of measurement worksheets for Year 2 pupils.
These sheets involve reading scales going up in ones to find the weight or liquid capacity.
Using these sheets will help children to consolidate their counting as well as learning to read a simple scale.
- Year 2 Measurement Worksheets (1st Grade)
Year 2 Money Worksheets
Here you will find a range of free printable First Grade Money Worksheets.
The following worksheets involve counting different amounts of money in pennies, nickels and dimes.
- learn the names and values of the US coins;
- learn to count up different amounts of money to £1 in coins.
- Free Counting Money Worksheets UK Coins (easier)
- Free Money Worksheets UK Coins up to £1
Printable Money Resources
- Printable Money Flashcards
- Kids Counting Money Dominoes
Telling the Time Worksheets
Here is our selection of telling the time worksheets for 1st grade.
- read o'clock and half-past times;
- convert o'clock and half-past times to digital;
- draw clock hands correctly to mark out o'clock and half-past.
The year 2 maths worksheets in this section will help your child learn to tell simple times on an analogue clock.
- Telling Time Worksheets o'clock and half-past
- Clock Worksheets - Quarter Past and Quarter To
Year 2 Bar Graph Worksheets
Here is our selection of bar graphs for first graders.
These Year 2 maths worksheets involve reading and interpreting a range of bar graphs and picture graphs with a scale going up in ones.
Using these sheets will help children to understand how bar graphs work.
- Year 2 Picture/Bar Graphs (First Grade)
Fun Zone: Puzzles, Games and Riddles
Year 2 Maths Games
Here you will find a range of free printable Math games. All children like to play Math games, and you will find a good range of Maths Games at a Year 2 level here for your child to play and enjoy.
- Year 2 Maths Games (First Grade)
Year 2 Maths Puzzles
Here you will find a range of printable Year 2 level math puzzles for your child to enjoy.
The puzzles will help your child practice and apply their addition and subtraction facts as well as developing their thinking and reasoning skills in a fun and engaging way.
Using these puzzles will help your child to:
- develop thinking and reasoning skills;
- develop perseverance.
- Year 2 Maths Puzzles (1st Grade)
- Dot to Dot up to 50
Math Salamanders Year 2 Maths Games Ebook
Our Year 2 Maths Games Ebook contains all of our fun maths games, complete with instructions and resources.
This ebooklet is available in our store - use the link below to find out more!
- Year 2 Maths Games Ebook
Other UK Maths Worksheet pages
See below for our other maths worksheets hub pages designed for children in the UK.
How to Print or Save these sheets
Need help with printing or saving? Follow these 3 easy steps to get your worksheets printed out perfectly!
- How to Print support
Return to Math Salamanders UK Home Page
Return from Year 2 Maths Worksheets to Math Salamanders Home Page
The Math Salamanders hope you enjoy using these free printable Math worksheets and all our other Math games and resources.
We welcome any comments about our site or worksheets on the Facebook comments box at the bottom of every page.
TOP OF PAGE
© 2010-2023 Math Salamanders Limited. All Rights Reserved.
- Copyright Policy
If you're seeing this message, it means we're having trouble loading external resources on our website.
If you're behind a web filter, please make sure that the domains *.kastatic.org and *.kasandbox.org are unblocked.
Learn with the Khan Academy Kids app
Unit 1: add and subtract within 20, unit 2: place value, unit 3: add and subtract within 100, unit 4: add and subtract within 1,000, unit 5: money and time, unit 6: measurement, unit 7: data, unit 8: geometry.