Everything You Need to Know About How to Write Amazon Review
Looking for a simple yet effective method on how to write Amazon review? That might call for a quick read on this blog that takes around 4-5 minutes.
You know, there are tons of marketplaces on the marketing planet. Amazon is one of the biggest platforms among all of them. So undoubtedly it holds the importance of your opinion.
You may ask why. Well, Amazon review is not only an e-commerce marketplace , also one of the largest online communities. You also may wonder if your only online review adds value when people around the world leave their feedback almost every day.
But it’s important; because when you buy a product from Amazon based on a customer’s review and rating, same, you’re influencing others too for buying that product. So the time you’re taking on writing a review, don’t think it’s for nothing or a waste of time.
Still, you need to know a few things about how to write your review more accurately. Keep reading, and get ready to write a perfect Amazon review!
How do you write a review on Amazon?
First, you need to know where to start. If you want to write a customer review on Amazon, you can choose any one from desktop or mobile.
Let’s see both steps on how to write a review on Amazon;
Write Amazon review on desktop
- For desktop, sign in to your Amazon account and visit your product page to select the product you want to review.
- Now find the Customer reviews option. Choose to Write a Customer review under the Review this product headline.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can leave your overall product rating by rating the product feature. Then write a review with a headline, and add any image or video as you wish.
- Click the Submit button when you’re done writing your Amazon product review .
Again, you may make a few mistakes while writing Review, or forget to put any important image you wanted to attach with your product review; or you may want to modify or delete it. For this, you can check the steps:
Go to Amazon account>Accounts & lists> Ordering & shopping preferences> Your Amazon profile; then from the three-dot from the right corner of the Review and choose Edit review / Delete Review or Hide on my public profile .
Write Amazon review on mobile
- If you want to write an Amazon review from your mobile, you can do it using the Amazon shopping app on Android or iPhone, whatever you have.
- Second, search for your product, and find the button Customer review .
- Now, click on Submit review .
- After writing your review, click on Submit to post your review.
Like you can make changes to your review on a desktop, you can do the same from your mobile app. Follow the steps:
Open the app> Click on the profile icon> Select Your Account> Personalized content> Profile; then, from the three-dot from the right corner of the review> Edit review / Delete review or Hide on my public profile .
How to write a good review on Amazon
Well, as you’ve got to know, how do you write a product review, yet there a question remains, how do you write a good amazon review?
In short, a good review means how honestly you express your thoughts in your review. It could be positive or negative review ; but the element of good depends on how perfectly you share it that sounds compelling and interesting.
We’ve listed some important points that you should mention in your words when you write a review on Amazon:
- When you write a customer review, make it simple and write like you’re explaining it to someone close to you; Make it simple as possible and sound like your review tells them why they should buy it.
- Make sure you’ve clearly mentioned whatever you wanted to express in your review, that people don’t find it difficult to understand.
- Stay focused on the topic; if you want to write a good review, the review doesn’t necessarily need to include the technical difficulties or internal faults but how it impacts you and why.
- While writing review on Amazon, you have the option for mentioning a headline. So make a compelling headline that the reader finds interesting at first glance.
- Lastly, Amazon has a strict security policy against nepotism. You’re restricted from writing any unbiased customer review, and if you do something like this, your review may be removed without any warning. So stay focused on your product review, not on an author or a seller.
And that was the laziest step of writing a review about the products you’ve perceived from Amazon.
But one more thing to remember if you’re selling products on Amazon and want to get more revenues from your products through some amazing hack, ask us HOW!
Because we have the best social media plugin , which will allow you to take your business one way ahead, along with your social media reviews, you can boost your conversion as well as sales with Amazon reviews by showcasing them on your website.
For this, all you just need to do is make sure your website does have WP Social Ninja , the all-in-one social media plugin, empowering thousands of small businesses .
Win your customers’ hearts with exceptional features
Discover how WP Social Ninja can assist you design outstanding customer experiences.
Also, let your customers know about the queries and confusions they might have;
How to write review on Amazon without purchasing
First, if you want to write a review on an Amazon product without buying it, you can. If you’ve ordered something and are willing to put your review for it;
- Visit the site and find the order detail page from your order page list.
- Go to the customer review, and write your review.
- Now put your opinions in star ratings.
- You can add a photo/video with your text; after that, click on the submit button.
What is a review on Amazon?
A customer review of a product defines the usage and quality of a product. Same as reviews on Amazon, people will get to know more about the product and decide whether take that product or not. Hence, Amazon review gives real details about a product from fellow buyers.
What is a good star rating on Amazon?
A good star rating on Amazon starts from 3.5 to 4.5; the average rating of 3 means “It’s okay,” 4 says “I like it,” and if you rate five that means you love the product.
Why can’t I see my book reviews on Amazon?
Stay calm; it’s normal to give time to your Amazon review show-up. Though it’s frustrating but there’s nothing to worry about. Because until your reviews have been processed, they won’t be visible. So it’s better to wait for a while.
Does Amazon notify you when your review is posted?
No, Amazon doesn’t have any kind of policy that allows you to get any notifications after you post any review on amazon. The same rule also applied for the seller; Amazon won’t notify you when you get any feedback from the seller.
You may also like to read:
How to Leave A Review on Facebook (Things You Need to Know)
- How Do You Write A Review on Google (Easy Way)
Hridi here; a dreamer and ambivert who loves diving into exploring more. Wanna know what this slacker's work cycle is? So, a cup of coffee, a good music and back to write!
13 Types of Tweets That Will Improve Your Twitter Marketing
WhatsApp Marketing Tool to Build Your Brand (2023)
7 Ways to Create Better Review Management (Effective Strategies)
5 Strategies to Use Social Media for Nonprofits
Unveiling The 9 Best UGC Platforms to Boost Your Brand
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- PRO Courses Guides New Tech Help Pro Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Upgrade Sign In
- EDIT Edit this Article
- EXPLORE Tech Help Pro About Us Random Article Quizzes Request a New Article Community Dashboard This Or That Game Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- Browse Articles
- Learn Something New
- Quizzes Hot
- This Or That Game New
- Train Your Brain
- Explore More
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Log in / Sign up
- Finance and Business
- Shopping Online
How to Leave a Review on Amazon
Last Updated: September 27, 2023
On the Mobile App
This article was co-authored by wikiHow staff writer, Nicole Levine, MFA . Nicole Levine is a Technology Writer and Editor for wikiHow. She has more than 20 years of experience creating technical documentation and leading support teams at major web hosting and software companies. Nicole also holds an MFA in Creative Writing from Portland State University and teaches composition, fiction-writing, and zine-making at various institutions. This article has been viewed 286,585 times. Learn more...
Like or dislike a product you recently bought on Amazon? Well, now’s the perfect time to leave a review! Reviewing an item on Amazon can help other shoppers decide whether or not to buy a product, and they only take a few minutes to write up. Follow our guide and we’ll walk you through the process of making a review on Amazon’s website or mobile app.
- For tips on writing helpful and objective Amazon reviews, check out How to Write an Objective Amazon Review .
- Customer reviews must meet Amazon's Community Guidelines, which you can find here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201929730
- If you're no longer able to access the Amazon account you used to purchase the product, you can still leave a review using a different account. It just won't be marked with the "Verified Purchase" badge.  X Research source You can review the product by searching for it on Amazon and clicking Write a Customer Review on the left side of the review section.
- You can also search for the item by typing its name into the "Search all orders" blank and then clicking Search Orders .
- If the order contains two or more items, clicking this link will display thumbnails of all ordered items. Click Write a review below the thumbnail of the item you want to review to continue.
- It may take up to 48 hours for the review to be approved.
- You can read all the reviews you've written by visiting https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile .
- If you're no longer able to access the Amazon account you used to purchase the product, you can still leave a review with a different account. It just won't be marked with the "Verified Purchase" badge. To review the product, go to its page on Amazon and click Write a Customer Review to the left of the review list.
- If the item was purchased prior to that time, tap the Filter orders menu near the top-right corner of the order list, select a different time period, and then tap Apply .
- You can also search for the item by tapping Search Amazon at the top-center part of the screen, typing the product name, and then tapping the Search or Enter key.
- If you ordered a functional item, such as headphones or a lamp, you'll also be able to rate aspects of that item below. Tap star ratings for any other aspect of the product you want to rate, or tap the corresponding X to remove that piece from your review.
- You can read all the reviews you've written by visiting https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile in any web browser.
Video . By using this service, some information may be shared with YouTube.
- Be sure your review is accurate and fair. Thanks Helpful 1 Not Helpful 0
- Be sure to be descriptive and personal when writing your review description. Make sure it is at least 75 words long, and without spelling or grammar errors. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Remember who you're reviewing for. Reviews are for potential customers to make a fully informed purchase. Thanks Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Actually use the item before you review it. Some people can't resist the urge to get on Amazon and write a glowing review about their purchase as soon as they receive it only to find out a few days after posting that the item did not meet their expectations. Thanks Helpful 9 Not Helpful 1
- Do not use profanity or slander, or your review will not be published. Thanks Helpful 7 Not Helpful 3
- Do not use your review to complain that Amazon or the company who is selling through Amazon was late in delivering your item. Put those complaints on the seller feedback page. Reviews that start with this complaint are usually skipped over by the more experienced Amazon user who is more interested in researching the quality of the product, and removed via Amazon if they are caught in time (before they enter the reviews that are already present for the item). Thanks Helpful 4 Not Helpful 1
- In your review do not say that all products made by such and such company are junk. You are announcing to the world that you were already prejudiced against the item before you bought it and therefore might be more prone to give a negative review. Thanks Helpful 5 Not Helpful 2
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201929730
About This Article
1. Go to https://www.amazon.com . 2. Click Returns & Orders . 3. Find the order. 4. Click Write a product review . 5. Complete the review. 6. Click Submit . Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Did this article help you?
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Develop the tech skills you need for work and life
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
The Work at Home Wife
Helping you work at home and make money online
How To Make Money Writing Reviews For Amazon
By Angie Nelson
Last Updated January 12, 2023 . Disclosure: We may receive compensation if you sign up for or purchase products linked below. Details on offers may change, and you should confirm them with the company prior to taking action.
Is your front porch a fort of brown boxes featuring arrows pointing from A to Z?
Does your Prime delivery driver or USPS driver know you on a first-name basis?
Do you almost always have something waiting in your cart?
If you answered “yes” to any of the previous questions, you might be a perfect candidate as an amazon product reviewer.
If you love shopping with Amazon, why not turn that love of shopping into free stuff or some cash? There is money to be made in becoming a product tester and writing reviews for items listed on Amazon and other retailers. It’s an easy way to share your thoughts, give some feedback on the products you already know and love or hate, and help other shoppers.
There are a few ways to get this party started, and we have all the details lined out below.
Get With the Prime
In order to receive compensation for writing Amazon product reviews, you are going to want to be an Amazon Prime member and download the app. You have the option to pay $139 per year or $14.99 per month. Discounted pricing is available for students and for recipients of EBT, Medicaid, and other select government assistance programs.
Review Previous Purchases
If you haven’t already, start writing reviews on purchases you have already made. Companies will want to know what to expect from you before they consider requests for free products. And instead of just buying items to simply review them, why not review what you already buy and love? Waste not, want not.
Dive into that makeup drawer, if that is your obsession du jour, and review the brands you know and love (or do not love.) Or, if your primary subject matter focuses on books or book reviews, use the purchases you have already made or even books you have read through your local library to increase your content on those book review websites.
Do Amazon influencers get free stuff?
Yes, Amazon influencers can get free products, but let’s not jump ahead. Unless you already have a large social media following, it’s going to take some time before you get free products to review.
You will want to make sure your writing is clear, honest, features product images, and discloses all the important information. Remember, you are writing to attract more opportunities too. You may also want to consider how many positive reviews vs. negative reviews you are writing. If most of your product reviews are strongly negative, companies may not be as interested in sending test products to your door. Be honest but do not be overly negative.
Also see: How to become an Amazon Vine reviewer
Consider A Blog
If you want to really gain some exposure outside of Amazon, set yourself up on a platform like WordPress, Wix, or Weebly, and start writing your own blog.
Once you have set up your blog/website, you will want to consider affiliate marketing. The Amazon affiliate program is called Amazon Associates, and helps content creators and bloggers monetize their content.
Your site must meet Amazon’s participation requirements in order to be approved. Once you are up and running, you will want to write some detailed reviews and add an affiliate link to those products in your post. When someone clicks the link – cha-ching, you earn a commission. And you can review just about any product you want that makes sense or works with your brand. This leads us to…
Using Your Influence
Do you have a following on the ‘Gram? Maybe your Pinterest page runs wild with shares and pins? Use that influence to your advantage. Share your reviews (and your wish lists) with your social media audience to drum up more views and purchases.
Your blog posts now become your content and vice versa. The more you promote your own posts, the more visibility you will gain. Make sure the products you review are on brand with the rest of your content. Your audience may be looking for specific types of products from you and your profiles. Your Instagram, YouTube channel, Facebook, TikTok, etc. are all great places to share your helpful reviews.
Build Your Writing Material with Free Products
A quick trip to the Google search box will lead you to many websites touting free products in exchange for an honest review. After you have already spent time writing about your previous purchases, it is time to use one of these sites to build your blog or catalog.
And before we dive too far into this topic, you will also want to consider using Ebates to earn cash back on your purchases, free birthday rewards, rack up loyalty points to earn more free products, etc.
Websites like Brandbacker and Home Tester Club are perfect for collecting free products to review. However, if you are looking for more opportunities or if you just want some tips on writing better reviews, give this link a read. There are also many Facebook groups dedicated to these topics and can help you find companies that are open to customer reviews.
Know Your Audience
A couple of extra notes:
Most product reviewers do not get paid cash to write about their honest opinion. Payment can be cash but is mostly received in Amazon gift cards, store gift cards, free product, and discounts.
Amazon product influencers gain the most attention when they are well-written, provide humor, and are detailed. However, reviews that contain a lot of details do not always need to be full of glowing praise. Be honest in your writing and increase your reviewer ranking.
Last fake reviews are a no-no, and while it may seem like a shortcut to writing a rosy product review, you risk getting banned by Amazon and cutting your career as an Amazon reviewer short.
About angie nelson.
Angie Nelson began working from home in 2007 when she figured out how to take her future into her own hands and escape the corporate cubicle farm. Angie’s goal is sharing her passion for home business, personal finance, telecommuting, and entrepreneurship, and her work has been featured on Recruiter, FlexJobs and Business News Daily.
Automated page speed optimizations for fast site performance
- Dedicated Amazon Store Admin
- Amazon Marketplace Setup
- Amazon Competition Price Tracking
- Amazon Product Taxonomy Development and Mapping
- Amazon Chargeback Services
- Amazon Product Onboarding Services
- Amazon Catalog Update and Maintenance
- Amazon Product Data Standardization
- Vendor Central Management
- Seller Central Management
- Product Description Writing
- Amazon Customer Interaction
- Omni – Channel Retail Services/Solutions
- Amazon Order Processing Services
- A+ Product Pages
- Amazon Listing Optimization
- Listings Error Correction
- Amazon SEO – Content and Keywords Optimization
- Product Review Writing
- Amazon Sponsored Products
- Pricing Plan
Add Clear and Compelling Product Reviews to Boost your Product Sales on Amazon
With Product Reviews, you increase your chances of making a sale by about 70%.
Product review is one of the key elements to help promote your product and services on Amazon. Your customers would like to see honest reviews that will give them the confidence to purchase your product. That’s why it is important to pay special attention to the information in your product reviews so that the customers can easily decide if the product is right for them.
With Vserve, you can access professional and creative Amazon product review writers to create clear and compelling product reviews. Besides being precise, you can expect the reviews to speak the truth about your product and provide true feedback on its quality.
Our team of Amazon product review writers will -
- Conduct intense research to understand your product before writing reviews.
- Understand the “Whys” about your product and make an effort to answer every possible question.
- Show all the reasons why your product deserves to be tried out.
- Present the benefits that people can get from your products.
- Ensures that each product review is focused on feature highlights.
Moreover, we are honest in stating what people can get when they buy the product from you.
We Can Manage Your Product Reviews
We are experts in Amazon product review guidelines, and we know how to remove irrelevant or negative reviews that do not match those guidelines. Moreover, removing negative reviews will improve the rating and clear the negative impact that is created around your brand.
Partner with Vserve to Manage Product Reviews Placed on Your Amazon Store
What can our Amazon Product Review Writers do for you?
- Our team of creative Amazon product review writers place content that will compel your potential customers to purchase your products.
- We make sure to optimize your product description, title, and specifications with proper keywords.
- Our experts will deliver the product reviews and content based on the preferred format while ensuring that the content is SEO-friendly.
- We have a proper understanding of what makes some reviews rejected or removed by Amazon and avoid them to make sure the review follows the Amazon guidelines and remains upright.
We, at Vserve, offer cost-effective amazon product review writing services to help amazon sellers add quality product reviews on their Amazon product listings. Our product reviews will help your product gain more visibility in the Amazon search results, increasing the chances of customers preferring your products over that of your competitors.
Get in touch with our team of Amazon product review writers to get quality product reviews for your product listings on Amazon.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are product reviews important for a seller.
Product reviews highly influence the decision to purchase a product. Most customers consider positive reviews as an important criterion when buying a product online. Hence, you must understand that product reviews can be a great factor in deciding your success as an Amazon seller. Amazon product reviews can provide important insights into the product, help rank products page higher, and increase conversion rates.
What is the A9 Algorithm?Can reviews be removed from the product page?
Yes, reviews can be removed from the product page. However, to remove reviews from your product page, you need to know the guidelines to remove a review from Amazon.
What should be the format of an Amazon product review?
An Amazon product review can be of any format but should include all the information your potential customer wants to know about the product. However, a quality product review should include an Introduction, About the Brand, About the product, Product Rating, Why it stands out from the competition, Pros and Cons, Key features, and Conclusion.
- Amazon Listing Optimization Services
- Omni – Channel Retail Support
- Main content
How to write and edit Amazon reviews, and find or delete your reviews
- You can write Amazon reviews on the product page of the item you purchased.
- Once published, you have the option to view, edit, or hide the review from your profile.
- All these actions can be accomplished on either the Amazon desktop website or mobile app.
If you buy items through Amazon, writing reviews can not only help other people make informed purchases, but it can also help you keep track of the things that do and don't work for you.
Once you publish an Amazon review, you can go back in and make changes if, for example, you find that the long-term experience of owning an item is different than the first impression. You can also hide reviews from view if you decide you don't want other people to see it for any reason.
Here's what you need to know about writing and editing reviews on the Amazon website and mobile app.
How to write a review on Amazon
You can write reviews on either the desktop website or Amazon Shopping mobile app.
1. Sign in to your Amazon account and navigate to the product you want to rate and review.
2. Scroll down to the Customer reviews section, and under the Review this product headline, click the Write a customer review button.
3. You will then be taken to a page where you leave an overall rating, rate the product features, add a photo, and leave a written review with a headline.
4. Hit Submit at the bottom of the page once you're satisfied with your review.
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your iPhone, iPad , or Android and log in, if needed.
2. Go to the product you wish to review and scroll down and tap Customer Reviews .
3. Tap Write a Review .
4. Add your product review.
5. Tap Submit .
How to view, edit, and delete your reviews on Amazon
If your initial review needs to be changed, you can go back in and edit or delete it — or hide it from your public profile. Here's how:
1. Log into your Amazon account .
2. Click Accounts & Lists at the top of the screen.
3. On the next page, click Your Amazon profile under the Ordering and shopping preferences section.
4. Scroll down and you'll see your reviews listed. To edit or delete one, click the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of the review in question.
5. Select Edit review , Delete review , or Hide on my public profile .
1. Open the Amazon Shopping app on your mobile device.
2. Tap the profile icon in the bottom toolbar.
3. Select Your Account .
4. Scroll down and under the Personalized content section, tap Profile .
5. Scroll toward the bottom of the screen and you will see your reviews; tap the three-dot icon beside a review for the option to edit, delete, or hide it from your profile.
6. Tap to select the desired option.
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
The Savvy Couple
Fast Track Your Financial Freedom
7 Legit Ways to Get Paid For Amazon Reviews in 2023
Kelan Kline | Updated October 9, 2023 Make Money
Almost everyone has heard of Amazon and its many products and services. You may not know that you can get paid to write reviews for Amazon products.
Whether a seasoned reviewer or just starting, getting paid to write Amazon reviews can be a great way to make some extra cash.
In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about how to get started writing Amazon product reviews, what the requirements are, and how much money you can expect to make.
If you want to get started making money sharing your opinion, you can get started signing up with Survey Junkie !
Want to make money from your couch? Survey Junkie pays out over $40,000 daily to its members for taking paid online surveys. Get your share today!
Table of Contents
Get Paid For Amazon Reviews
You can get paid to write opinions about products on the survey sites. Several companies selling stuff will pay you or give free gift cards to you to answer surveys and provide feedback on products they sell on Amazon.
The amount you can earn will vary depending on the company and the length of the survey, but it’s typically a few dollars per survey.
You can also sometimes earn points that can be redeemed for free Amazon gift cards.
Some of the best survey sites are:
- Survey Junkie
So if you’re interested in making extra cash, taking surveys is a great option. Just be sure to research each company carefully before signing up to ensure they’re reputable.
Write Reviews For Other Sites
For many review websites, it is hard to get enough unbiased reviews written. They may offer a payment or free items in exchange for a good review.
You can use this to your advantage and earn money as a freelance writer .
And the best part is that you don’t need to be an Amazon reviewer expert; as long as you provide a helpful, honest opinion, you can get paid to write Amazon reviews.
After you land the writing gig, they usually send you an outline for the review of the Amazon product. Once you write the review, you’ll send the draft of the review to the blogger to post.
Writing jobs can be found on FlexJobs , Upwork or Fiverr . Some gigs pay by the word, others pay by the hour, and some pay by the article.
Join the #1 job site to find vetted remote, work from home, and flexible job opportunities since 2007.
Start Your Own Website
You can start your own blog by writing a few reviews for Amazon products on your website by signing up for the Amazon affiliate program known as Amazon Associates and start promoting affiliate products.
Here’s how it works: first, you set up a website with Bluehost and sign up for an Amazon affiliate program. Then, you write helpful reviews of Amazon products and add links to those products on your website.
Learning Affiliate marketing is one of the fastest and easiest ways to make money online. When someone clicks on one of your links and makes a purchase, you earn a commission! It’s that simple.
And the best part is that you can review any Amazon product, whether it’s a physical product, digital goods, or even services.
The best way to get started is by signing up for our Start Your Blog Bootcamp below. It’s a 7-day email course to walk you step-by-step through how to start a profitable blogging side hustle.
Get FREE access to our step-by-step plan for starting a blog that makes $1,000 per month.
Social Media Influencer
As a social media influencer, you can make money reviewing Amazon products with your existing audience on your social media channels.
It’s one of the best online jobs to earn money through Amazon affiliate marketing. Plus, it’s a great way to connect with your audience and give them valuable product recommendations.
Sign up for an Amazon Influencer account and start sharing unbiased reviews with your followers. You’ll earn a commission when they make a purchase using your affiliate products link.
You can make money online reviewing products by making videos for a YouTube channel. You can create a video review of purchased products using your Amazon account.
You can then post the video on your channel. If you can generate a lot of views and clicks on your videos, you can make a tidy sum of money through the YouTube ad revenue sharing program.
You need an Amazon Influencer account and a YouTube account to start your Amazon review. Then, you can start making money by reviewing products on Amazon.
An excellent course to take to help you learn about making money on YouTube is Mastering YouTube .
Book Review Websites
Working with book review websites is one of the most effective methods to earn money by reviewing Amazon items.
Amazon authors looking for positive reviews for their books often sign up with websites that pair them up with reviewers looking for a writing job.
You’ll receive a free review book and get paid for your review.
Some websites to check out for writing book reviews that give free books are:
- Any Subject Books
- Readers’ Favorite
- Online Book Club
The Amazon Vine Voice program gives reviewers a high rank and the chance to test and write about products for free before release.
It’s a great way to get paid to write Amazon reviews because you can test products and provide feedback on products that have not yet been released.
To become a part of the Amazon Vine Voice program, you’ll need to have an Amazon account in good standing, have a good reviewer ranking, and be invited by Amazon.
Write Reviews For Free Products
When we’re looking to purchase on Amazon, one of the first things we do is check out the reviews.
After all, hearing from others who have already tried out the product can give us a good sense of what to expect.
And with so many products available on Amazon, it’s helpful to have some guidance in making our decision.
But did you know that you can get free stuff for writing an Amazon review on product pages? That’s right – you can get free products just for sharing your thoughts on Amazon items.
Before we tell you how to get free products for incentivized reviews, we need to tell you about the two points of view on this and let you decide which is best for you.
You can get products to review on Amazon in two ways. The first way is to sign up for an Amazon Vine account.
This program is invite-only and is reserved for those who write quality reviews. If you’re accepted into the program, you’ll be able to choose from a selection of products each month that you can test out and review.
The second way to get products to review is by writing reviews for companies who give away free products for review.
Amazon has some Terms and Conditions for sellers to go by, and one condition is that they don’t provide free products to the reviewers- so it’s at the company’s risk to do so by explicitly giving things away for good reviews.
Steps for Writing Reviews
If you’re looking to get paid to leave reviews on Amazon, there are a few things you need to do.
We suggest leaving reviews for products you have bought and waiting for an Amazon Vine invitation, but there are some options to getting paid for your thoughts:
Get An Amazon Account
If you don’t have an Amazon customer account, you’ll need to create one to get paid for writing reviews. You can sign up for a free account here .
It may help to have an Amazon Prime membership so that you can get free two-day shipping on products, but it’s not required.
This is for those not waiting for the Amazon Vine invitation. Look for Amazon review sites offering a product you’re interested in and have expertise in.
It could be a book in your favorite genre, a cooking appliance you love, or a gadget you use daily. Once you find a company offering the product, sign up with the company.
Get Free Stuff
To write an honest review, you’ll need to have used the product yourself. Some companies will offer you free or discounted products for writing a review.
If the company doesn’t offer free products, you may be able to purchase the product at a discount.
Some of the better companies to receive free stuff from are:
When you write a review for Amazon, the most important thing is to be specific about what you liked or didn’t like about the product. Some questions to ask when you review products are:
- Was it the color, the size, the quality?
- Did it meet your expectations?
The more specific you can be, the more helpful your review will be for other shoppers.
It’s also important to remember that everyone has different needs, so what didn’t work for you might be perfect for someone else.
For example, suppose you’re looking for a heavy-duty notebook to use at work but find the one you purchased too flimsy.
In that case, another shopper looking for a lightweight notebook for school might appreciate your Amazon review.
Is it legal to get paid to write reviews ON Amazon?
Amazon changed its terms of service in 2016 and stopped allowing reviewers to be compensated with free or discounted products for writing a review ON Amazon.
They want legit product reviews that help people and are not influenced by the free products.
However, there are plenty of ways to get paid for writing about Amazon items.
A few companies will pay you to write positive reviews of their products that sell on Amazon in a blog post or on social media to help them boost their sales.
These companies sell things like books, apps, and electronics.
It is important to note that you can get banned from Amazon for writing paid reviews. Amazon is very strict about people trying to manipulate their review system.
So, if you write paid reviews, spread them out and only write a few per month.
How many Amazon reviews can I write without getting in trouble?
You can write up to 5 Amazon reviews a week without getting in trouble. It’s hard for an Amazon reviewer to write more than one daily review. Try to space them out over a few days.
If you write too many reviews, Amazon may deem your account illegitimate and suspend it so you can’t review items. So be sure to stick to the limit when you write reviews for Amazon!
How much can I make to write reviews for Amazon products?
The earning potential for Amazon reviewers is different for everyone. It depends on how many reviews you write, what products you review, and how detailed your reviews are.
On average, you can make around $10 per review. However, some people make more, and some people make less.
It is also important to note that you will not get paid by Amazon directly. The companies that pay you for your reviews will send you the payments through PayPal or another method.
If you write a product review for an Amazon product on your blog using an affiliate link, you will earn a commission on any sales from your review. It’s a great way to leverage Amazon and add multiple income streams to your budget.
The earning potential here is much higher, but it also depends on the product you are reviewing and how many people buy it after reading your review.
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a form of advertising in which businesses pay affiliates for each customer or visitor they bring in through their marketing efforts.
Basically, you earn a commission by promoting other people’s products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale.
It’s a win-win situation for everyone involved – the company gets more sales, and you get to earn extra money and make a passive income .
We recommend reading this FREE eBook by Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. This eBook can show teach you how to make money with your blog!
Learn how to build a six-figure online business without millions of followers or selling your soul.
How do I start a blog?
You’ll need a domain name and web hosting to start a blog. We recommend Bluehost for hosting and getting a free domain name for your site.
Once you have your domain and hosting, you’ll need to choose a blogging platform and set up your account. WordPress is the most popular platform that you can use to make money blogging .
After you’ve set up your blog, it’s time to start writing! Start by drafting some posts and then publishing them.
You’ll also want to build an audience by promoting your blog on social media and other channels.
How can I become a freelance writer and write reviews?
There are a few ways to become a freelance writer and write reviews.
You can start by looking online for freelance writing jobs, or you could start your own blog and write reviews as part of your content.
Additionally, many companies always look for talented freelance writers to create product reviews for their websites or blog.
Start researching the best ways to become a freelance writer and build your portfolio!
Artificial intelligence makes it fast & easy to create content for your blog, social media, website, clients, and more!
We hope this guide helped you learn more about this side hustle – how to get paid to write reviews for Amazon!
Whether you write your blog or become a freelance writer, there are many opportunities for you to make money online by reviewing an Amazon product.
While there are ways to get paid to write Amazon reviews ON Amazon, we do not recommend this way of earning money as it can put your account at risk of being suspended.
Instead, we suggest writing reviews on your own blog or website or becoming a freelance writer for other companies.
Thanks for reading, and happy earning as an Amazon reviewer!
Related Articles You Might Like
24 Best Sites To Find High-Paying Blogging Jobs In 2023
11 Best Places To Sell Short Stories For Money As A New Writer
17 Best Places To Sell Stuff Online: Make $1000+ Per Month
23 Genius Ways To Earn Free Gift Cards (Amazon, Apple, More)
21 Best Fiverr Gigs For New Freelancers To Make Money
11 Best Ways To Get Paid To Post Ads In 2023 (Earn $1K/Month)
About Kelan Kline
Hi, I'm Kelan Kline! A personal finance expert, entrepreneur, and passionate money nerd. With my bachelor's degree in business and finance, my drive in life is to help others learn how to make money online, create passive streams of income, and reach financial freedom! I have been featured in online publications like Forbes, TIME, USA Today, Huffington Post, Business Insider, Marie Claire, CNBC, Acorns, The Penny Hoarder, Bankrate, Nerd Wallet, Yahoo Finance, MSN, GoBankingRates, Her Money, Thrive Global, The Simple Dollar, Money Crashers, Readers Digest, FinCon, Best Company, Rent Cafe, Romper, Intuit Turbo, Opp Loans, CreditCards.com, Debt.com, Discover, LifeLock, Quick Sprout, Money Geek and many more! Click here to read all of my posts.
Connect with us!
As featured on.
- Editorial Guidelines
- Terms and Conditions