- Cover Letter
Help Desk Support Resume: Examples and Best Practices
A well-crafted Help Desk Support Resume is critical for job seekers who want to land a Help Desk Support job. A Help Desk Support Resume serves as an introduction to the job candidate and provides a snapshot of their experience and qualifications.
A Help Desk Support Resume that is poorly written or lacks information can immediately disqualify a candidate from consideration. Conversely, a well-written and tailored Help Desk Support Resume can set a candidate apart from the competition and increase their chances of getting an interview.
Key Elements of a Help Desk Support Resume
When it comes to creating a help desk support resume, there are some key elements that every candidate should include. These elements will not only showcase your relevant experience and qualifications, but will also make it easier for potential employers to contact you for an interview. In this section, we will discuss the five key elements that should be included in every help desk support resume.
A. Contact Information
The first element of your help desk support resume should be your contact information. Make sure to include your full name, phone number, email address, and physical address. You can also include links to your LinkedIn profile or other professional online profiles. This information should be placed at the top of your resume so that potential employers can easily find it.
B. Summary Statement/Objective Statement
The second element of your help desk support resume should be a brief summary or objective statement. This statement should be one or two sentences that summarize your skills and experience. Make sure to tailor this statement to the job you are applying for. If you are unsure what to include, review the job description and company website for guidance.
C. Relevant Skills and Qualifications
The third element of your help desk support resume should be a list of your relevant skills and qualifications. Make sure to include any software, hardware, or systems that you are proficient in. You should also include any certifications or relevant training that you have completed. This section should be tailored to the job you are applying for so that potential employers can easily see how your skills match their needs.
D. Work Experience
The fourth element of your help desk support resume should be a detailed list of your work experience. Make sure to include the dates of employment, job titles, and key responsibilities. You should also include any accomplishments or positive feedback that you received while on the job. This section should be in reverse chronological order so that potential employers can see your most recent experience first.
E. Education and Certifications
The final element of your help desk support resume should be your education and certifications. Make sure to include the name of the institution, degree or certification earned, and the graduation date. You can also include any relevant coursework or projects. This section should be placed after your work experience section.
A strong help desk support resume should include all of these key elements. By tailoring your resume to the job you are applying for and highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications, you will increase your chances of getting an interview and landing the job.
Best Practices for Writing a Help Desk Support Resume
As a help desk support professional, it’s essential to create a resume that not only highlights your skills and experience but also demonstrates that you’re an excellent candidate for the job. Here are some best practices to follow when writing your help desk support resume:
A. Tailor Your Resume to the Job
Tailor your resume to the specific help desk support position you’re applying to. Read the job posting carefully and ensure that your resume highlights your relevant experience, skills, and education. Include any certifications or credentials that are required for the job.
B. Use Keywords and Phrases from the Job Posting
Use keywords and phrases from the job posting throughout your resume. This will help you stand out from other applicants and show the hiring manager that you have a deep understanding of the position requirements. Make sure to use specific technical terms and industry jargon that are relevant to the job.
C. Highlight Your Achievements and Responsibilities
Highlight your achievements and responsibilities in your previous roles. Be specific about your accomplishments and quantify them whenever possible. For example, if you reduced call wait times, include the percentage by which you reduced them.
D. Keep it Brief and to the Point
Keep your resume brief, concise, and to the point. Help desk support managers are usually very busy and don’t have time to read lengthy resumes. Try to limit your resume to one or two pages, using bullet points to summarize your experience and skills.
E. Use Action Verbs and Quantify Your Achievements
Use action verbs and quantify your achievements throughout your resume. This will help you convey a sense of action and accomplishment in your previous roles. For example, instead of saying “Answered customer calls,” say “Resolved customer issues by answering 50+ calls per day with a 95% customer satisfaction rating.”
Follow these best practices when writing your help desk support resume and stand out from the rest of the applicants. Remember, your resume is your first chance to make an impression, so make it count!
Examples of Help Desk Support Resumes
Sample help desk support resume #1.
Name: John Doe
Summary: 5+ years of experience in providing technical support and troubleshooting to end-users.
- Experience with Windows and Mac OS
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge in network administration
- Experience in remote desktop support
- Adept in ticketing systems and knowledge bases
- Technical Support Specialist, XYZ Company (2 years)
- Provided level 1 and 2 support to end-users for software, hardware and network issues
- Configured and installed software, hardware, network and peripheral devices for new users
- Maintained accurate records of service requests and resolutions through a ticketing system
- Help Desk Analyst, ABC Company (3 years)
- Resolved technical issues via phone, email or remote access
- Collaborated with team members to investigate and troubleshoot complex issues
- Provided first-class customer service to end-users
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, XYZ University Relevant coursework: Networking fundamentals, Operating Systems, Database Management
Sample Help Desk Support Resume #2
Name: Jane Smith
Summary: 8 years of experience in technical support and problem-solving with a reputation for excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Mac and Windows environments
- Adept in Citrix, Active Directory and Exchange
- Skilled in remote support
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
1. Technical Support Engineer, DEF Company (5 years)
- Resolved technical support requests for software, hardware, network, and server issues
- Provided new employee onboarding training and support
- Monitored backups and ensured all servers were up-to-date with software patches
2. Help Desk Manager, GHI Company (3 years)
- Managed a team of four help desk analysts
- Provided remote and on-site support to internal and external customers
- Maintained ticket tracking system and provided monthly reports to management
Sample Help Desk Support Resume #3
Name: Mike Johnson
Summary: Help desk support specialist with over 7 years of experience providing top-notch technical support and customer service to end-users.
- Proficient in Windows and Mac OS
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software applications
- Experience with network management and remote desktop support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
1. Help Desk Support Specialist, XYZ Corporation (4 years)
- Provided technical support and troubleshooting for software and hardware issues
- Assisted end-users with account setup, password resets, and system configurations
- Utilized remote desktop tools to resolve issues efficiently
- Documented support requests and solutions in the ticketing system
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to resolve complex technical problems
2. Technical Support Analyst, ABC Company (3 years)
- Responded to support tickets and provided timely resolutions to end-user problems
- Installed, configured, and maintained software and hardware systems
- Performed system upgrades and patches to ensure optimal performance
- Assisted in training new team members on support processes and procedures
- Collaborated with vendors and escalated issues as needed for prompt resolution
Tips for Crafting a Stand-Out Resume Summary
A. Importance of a Strong Resume Summary
The resume summary serves as the first impression on potential employers. It is a brief paragraph located at the top of the page that summarizes your skills, experiences, and accomplishments. A strong resume summary can set you apart from other candidates by highlighting your unique value proposition and attracting the attention of the hiring manager.
A well-crafted resume summary can also give a clear idea of your career goals, your experience, and what you can offer to the company. It’s an opportunity for you to showcase your strengths and highlight how your skills align with the job you are applying for.
B. Examples of Effective Resume Summaries
Customer-oriented Help Desk Support with 5 years of experience providing technical assistance and support to internal and external stakeholders. Proficient in troubleshooting hardware and software issues, managing IT assets and helping end-users with their technical needs. Certifications include CCNA and CompTIA A+.
IT Specialist with a strong background in Tier 1 and 2 support experience. Equipped with excellent communication skills to provide efficient solutions for hardware and software issues. Proficient in MS Office programs, Active Directory, and remote access applications.
Help Desk Technician with over 3 years of experience in providing technical support for internal and external customers. Expertise in proactive system monitoring, hardware and software installation, and server management. Certifications include MCSA and ITIL Foundation.
C. Tips for Writing an Effective Resume Summary
Keep it concise: Your resume summary should be no more than 3-4 sentences long. Focus on highlighting your most relevant skills and experiences.
Tailor it to the job: Read the job description carefully and adjust your summary to emphasize how your skills align with the job requirements.
Highlight your accomplishments: Use strong action verbs to describe your accomplishments and quantify them with specific numbers.
Showcase your skills: Highlight the skills that you bring to the table and how they can add value to the organization.
Use keywords: Incorporate keywords that are relevant to the job description and industry standards. This will help your resume get past the automated tracking systems and noticed by human recruiters.
A strong resume summary can make all the difference in your job search. By focusing on your skills and experiences, tailoring it to the job you are applying for, and using strong action verbs and keywords, you can craft a stand-out resume summary that highlights your unique value and enhances your chances of getting hired.
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Help Desk Support Resumes
When creating a Help Desk Support resume, it is important to avoid common mistakes that can harm your chances of landing an interview. Here are some things to watch out for:
A. Generic Resumes that Lack Details
Avoid creating a generic resume that lacks specific details about your experience and qualifications. Make sure to tailor your resume to the specific job you’re applying for by highlighting relevant skills and accomplishments.
B. Typos and Grammatical Errors
Nothing can destroy your chances of getting an interview faster than typos and grammatical errors. Make sure to proofread your resume carefully for mistakes in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
C. Including Irrelevant Information
Avoid including information that isn’t relevant to the job you’re applying for. Information about your hobbies or personal interests, for example, may not be important to a potential employer unless they directly relate to the position.
D. Exaggerating Accomplishments and Skills
Exaggerating your accomplishments and skills can be tempting, but it is not a good way to impress potential employers. Stick to the facts and provide concrete examples of your achievements to demonstrate your value as a Help Desk Support professional. Keep your resume concise and avoid using too many words to describe your accomplishments and skills.
Help Desk Support Resume Template and Format
If you’re looking to pursue a career in Help Desk Support, it’s essential to have a well-formatted and professionally crafted resume that stands out from the crowd. The following sections will guide you through the steps required to create a winning Help Desk Support resume.
A. Proper Formatting of a Help Desk Support Resume
A well-structured Help Desk Support resume should be divided into different sections, including:
- Contact Information
- Objective Statement
- Professional Summary
- Professional Experience
These sections should be arranged chronologically, starting with the most recent and ending with the oldest. It’s essential to customize your resume to cater to the specific employer’s needs while highlighting your skills and experience.
B. Recommended Font, Margins, and Spacing
Choosing the right typeface and font size is crucial in making your resume legible and easy to read. It’s recommended to use a standard font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, or Calibri, with a font size between 10pt and 12pt.
When it comes to margins, it’s suggested to set them at 1 inch all around, allowing sufficient white space for readability. Additionally, proper spacing between paragraphs and sections is crucial. Using a single line break or double spacing, depending on your preference, can ensure the reader’s attention.
C. Resume Templates for Help Desk Support Professionals
Thankfully, several Help Desk Support resume templates can serve as a basis for crafting your own. These templates, easily customizable and tailored to your needs, can save you time and make your resume aesthetically pleasing.
While there’s no ‘one size fits all’ approach to resume templates, selecting one that caters to the required skillset, industry, and experience can help you land your dream job. When using a resume template, remember to adjust it to your individual work experience, education, and skillset.
Crafting a winning Help Desk Support resume requires effort, attention to detail, and customization to the specific employer’s needs. Utilizing these best practices of proper formatting, font, margins, and spacing, along with selecting an appropriate resume template, can help set you apart from the crowd and land you a job.
How to Showcase Soft Skills in a Help Desk Support Resume
When it comes to applying for a help desk support role, it’s important to acknowledge the value of soft skills. While technical ability is crucial to the position, possessing soft skills can make all the difference in providing exceptional customer service.
A. Importance of Soft Skills in a Help Desk Support Role
In a help desk support role, you will be the face of the company for many customers. It’s important to have exceptional soft skills to handle difficult customers, diffuse tensions, and offer effective solutions. Soft skills can also assist in creating a positive customer experience, which can lead to repeat business and positive reviews.
B. Examples of Relevant Soft Skills
Some of the essential soft skills you should possess as a help desk support professional include:
- Communication: Clear and concise communication is key to resolving customer issues. Active listening and adapting your communication style to suit the customer’s needs and personality can also increase their satisfaction levels.
- Empathy: Being able to identify with your customers’ concerns can help them feel heard and understood. This can result in a positive outcome, even in challenging situations.
- Time Management: Effectively managing your time and workload can increase your efficiency and the number of customers you’re able to assist.
- Problem-solving: As a help desk support professional, you will encounter a wide variety of issues. Being able to think critically and offer creative solutions is essential to succeeding in this role.
C. Tips for Highlighting Soft Skills in Your Resume
To showcase your soft skills effectively, consider the following tips:
Utilize the job description: Review the job description and ensure that you include any keywords or phrases that are mentioned. This can demonstrate that you possess these skills and are a strong match for the position.
Use specific examples: Rather than simply stating that you have excellent communication skills, provide examples of instances where you utilized these skills to solve a problem or create a positive customer experience.
Quantify your achievements: If possible, quantify the impact of your soft skills. For example, mention the percentage increase in customer satisfaction ratings following your implementation of a new time management technique.
Emphasize team collaboration: Collaborative skills can be particularly important in a support role. Highlight any instances where you worked with others to provide exceptional customer service.
Showcasing your soft skills as a help desk support professional can strengthen your application and increase your chances of landing your dream job. By utilizing these tips and highlighting your relevant skills, you can stand out as an excellent candidate for the role.
Qualifications and Certifications to Include in Your Help Desk Support Resume
As a help desk support professional, your resume should highlight your qualifications and certifications to demonstrate your expertise in the field. Here are some tips on what to include:
A. Relevant Qualifications for Help Desk Support Professionals
When listing your qualifications, focus on those that are relevant to the help desk support role. These may include:
- Education: A degree in computer science or a related field can demonstrate your knowledge of IT concepts and technical skills.
- Relevant experience: If you have prior experience in a help desk or customer service role, highlight the skills you developed that are relevant to the position. This may include strong communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and technical troubleshooting experience.
- Other training or certifications: If you have completed any training programs or certifications that demonstrate your knowledge of IT software or hardware, be sure to include them.
B. IT Certifications for Help Desk Support Professionals
In addition to your relevant qualifications, you may also want to include any IT certifications that you have earned. Some of the most common certifications for help desk support professionals include:
- CompTIA A+: This certification covers hardware and software technologies, making it relevant for help desk technicians.
- ITIL: This certification demonstrates knowledge of IT service management, including service design and delivery, incident management, and problem management.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): This certification demonstrates expertise with Microsoft technologies, which are commonly used in help desk environments.
C. Tips for Highlighting Your Certifications and Qualifications
When listing your certifications and qualifications, make sure they are prominent and easy to read. To ensure that they stand out:
- Include them in a separate section of your resume labeled “Certifications” or “Qualifications.”
- Use bullet points to break up the information and make it easier to read.
- Focus on those certifications and qualifications that are most relevant to the job you are applying for.
- Use descriptive, action-oriented language. For example, instead of just listing a certification, describe the skills and knowledge you gained through the training program.
By highlighting your relevant qualifications and certifications in your resume, you can demonstrate to potential employers that you have the skills and expertise needed to succeed as a help desk support professional.
How to Optimize Your Help Desk Support Resume for Applicant Tracking Systems
A. how applicant tracking systems work.
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are software systems that help recruiters and employers manage the recruitment process. These systems can quickly and easily filter through resumes to identify the most qualified candidates based on their skills, experience, and other key factors.
Essentially, the ATS acts as a gatekeeper, screening all of the resumes that come through and only allowing the most qualified applicants to move on to the next stage of the hiring process. It uses algorithms to scan resumes for keywords and phrases that match the job description, as well as other criteria such as work experience, education and certifications obtained.
Without proper optimization for ATS, a Help Desk Support resume may be overlooked despite its overall merit.
B. Best Practices for Optimizing for Applicant Tracking Systems
Here are some tips to help you optimize your Help Desk Support resume for ATS:
Use relevant keywords and phrases. When crafting your Help Desk Support resume, be sure to include key skills, experiences, and certifications that are relevant to the job description. This will help your resume to appear more prominently in an ATS scan.
Follow a clear, easy-to-read format. To make sure that the ATS can easily read your Help Desk Support resume, stick to a clear and easy-to-read format. Use bullet points and section headings to organize your information, and avoid using images or graphics.
Use job-specific titles when describing your experience. Use the exact titles of your previous positions, as listed in the job description. This will help the ATS to recognize your experience and qualifications.
Keep it professional. When designing your Help Desk Support resume, stick to a professional and simple format. Avoid using fancy fonts or graphics, and make sure that your contact information is prominent.
C. Common Mistakes to Avoid in Optimizing for Applicant Tracking Systems
Avoid the following mistakes when optimizing your Help Desk Support resume for ATS:
Using irrelevant keywords: Don’t over-stuff your Help Desk Support resume with irrelevant keywords in an effort to get past an ATS. Your resume should be genuine and relevant to ensure proper scoring.
Submitting an unformatted resume: Avoid submitting a resume with a poorly structured format that cannot be processed by ATS.
Using unconventional design elements: Do not use unconventional design elements such as photos, graphics, icons, or tables which can break formatting.
Failing to review your resume: It is crucial to review your resume before submission to avoid mistakes in formatting, spelling, and grammar as these may compromise your candidacy.
By following these best practices and avoiding common mistakes, you can optimize your Help Desk Support resume for ATS and increase your chances of getting noticed by the employers.
In addition to the relevant soft skills, Help Desk Support professionals are required to have technical knowledge and expertise to provide solutions and assistance to customers. In order to showcase your technical skills, it’s important to create a separate section in your resume highlighting your proficiency in various technical areas. Here are some examples:
Help Desk Support professionals must have a thorough understanding of the hardware components of a computer system. This includes knowledge of different types of hardware such as desktops, laptops, printers, and scanners. Additionally, professionals should have expertise in diagnosing hardware issues and providing recommendations for maintenance or replacement.
An important aspect of Help Desk Support is troubleshooting software-related problems. One must have knowledge about operating systems like Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Additionally, proficiency in software applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite is a must.
Network and Security Skills
With the increasing usage of cloud technologies and remote work, network and security skills are becoming more and more important. Familiarity with network topology, protocols, and administration is necessary for providing assistance for connecting, configuring, and troubleshooting network and server issues. Knowledge about firewalls, anti-malware software, and data-security measures are also key to addressing the security concerns of customers.
Remote Support Tools
Help Desk Support professionals must be familiar with remote support tools such as Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and TeamViewer. These tools enable professionals to provide remote assistance and securely diagnose and troubleshoot customer problems from a distance.
Mobile Devices and Applications
With the shifting trend towards mobile devices, Help Desk Support professionals must also have expertise in providing assistance for mobile devices and applications. Knowledge about smartphone operating systems such as iOS and Android, and proficiency in mobile applications such as email and messaging apps, is a must.
Highlighting your technical skills is an essential aspect of creating an effective Help Desk Support resume. These skills set you apart from other candidates and demonstrate to the employer that you have the required knowledge to troubleshoot and solve customer issues.
- Project Manager Skills to Boost Your Resume in 2023
- 30 Interpersonal Skills for Your Resume in 2023
- Talent Acquisition Recruiter Resume: Samples for 2023
- Creative Director Resume: Examples and Tips for 2023
- 10 Network Engineer Resume Samples That Got Hired in 2023
Rate this article
Rating 0 / 5. Reviews: 0
More from ResumeHead
3 Help Desk Resume Examples Built to Work in 2023
Help Desk Resume
It help desk resume, help desk technician resume.
- Write Your Help Desk Resume
Being a help desk technician is all about being the go-to support hero for tech-related woes. You’re the friendly face or voice that guides users through their IT troubles, from computer hiccups to forgotten passwords.
Your knack for problem-solving and communication makes you a troubleshooter extraordinaire. However, crafting a resume that showcases your IT prowess can be as tricky as decoding a complex error message.
If you’re ready to put your skills on paper and land that dream job, we’re here to lend a hand. Our expert-written help desk resume examples can help you with everything from picking the right job skills to making your experience pop.
or download as PDF
Why this resume works
- It may not seem like much at first but specifying how you used industry-specific tools to make quantifiable differences can go a long way! Don’t sleep on your technical experience either! Add any instances when you monitored and improved a network’s security.
- Can’t forget about regulations too now, can we? If you’ve ever helped a company save costs on potential compliance fines, make sure to mention it and prove your dedication to any employer!
- Once done, back up these metrics with actionable points like increasing a system’s uptime rate from 87% to 98.3%, or improving overall productivity by 26%.
Related resume examples
- Customer service
- Office assistant
Adapt Your Help Desk Resume to Match Every Job Description
When it comes to showcasing your skills as a help desk technician, you’ve got a toolbox full of tech expertise that employers are eager to see. Your resume is where you can dive into it. Be specific and steer clear of vague, generic terms—your IT-focused resume should shine a spotlight on your technical prowess.
Zoom in on the hard skills you’ve honed. List the software applications you’re fluent in, any cyber security frameworks you’ve mastered, and, of course, any programming languages that you’ve conquered.
Highlight your know-how in networks, malware detection, and understanding system vulnerabilities. Remember, the key is to match the skills you have with what the job demands.
Need some help?
15 top help desk skills
- Customer Service
- Ticketing Systems
- Hardware Knowledge
- Network Troubleshooting
- Mobile Device Support
- Active Directory
Your help desk work experience bullet points
Your days working as a help desk technician are often a whirlwind of assisting users, resolving IT issues, and ensuring smooth tech operations. However, when it comes to your resume, it’s the remarkable achievements that truly matter.
Your work ensures that everything runs smoothly without interruptions or costly downtimes, and it’s important that you highlight this. Showcase moments you’re proud of, whether speeding up response times, reducing system downtime, or increasing user satisfaction.
Quantify your achievements with metrics whenever possible to lend them more weight and set yourself apart from the competition.
- Highlight how quickly you were able to acknowledge and address user requests or IT issues.
- Showcase your ability to resolve issues on the first interaction, minimizing the need for multiple support interactions and improving user satisfaction.
- Use surveys or feedback data to quantify user satisfaction and report consistent ratings of 95% or higher.
- Quantify how your support efforts reduced system or network downtime, resulting in increased productivity and cost savings.
See what we mean?
- Developed a weekly backup schedule through Acronis Backup which decreased data loss incidents by 97%
- Led a project to update password security policies using LastPass, curbing security breaches by 56%
- Facilitated 1,742 remote support sessions using TeamViewer, resolving 92% of issues without on-site intervention
- Leveraged Microsoft Teams’ bot and integration features to automate routine tasks, enhancing team productivity by 18%
9 active verbs to start your help desk work experience bullet points
3 Tips for Writing an Entry-Level Help Desk Resume
- Showcase relevant coursework and academic projects that demonstrate your technical abilities. For instance, you could mention a group project where you contributed to designing and implementing a help desk ticketing system for your IT class. These hands-on experiences provide valuable insights into your capabilities and problem-solving skills.
- Your hobbies and interests can be a goldmine of relevant skills. If you’re passionate about building computers, troubleshooting software, or managing home networks as a hobby, don’t hesitate to mention it. Show how your love for technology extends beyond the classroom and into your personal life, highlighting your dedication to the field.
- Use a career objective statement to outline your aspirations as a help desk technician. Be specific about the kind of support you want to provide and the impact you aim to make. This helps employers understand your goals and motivations, even if you have limited professional experience .
3 Tips for Writing a Help Desk Resume With Prior Experience
- Working in a help desk environment means working with people, but don’t list “teamwork” in your skills section. Instead, emphasize your customer-centric mindset by adding metrics like the number of resolved support tickets or the average 5-star rating you get every month.
- If you’ve developed expertise in specific areas of help desk support, such as hardware troubleshooting, software configuration, or network diagnostics, don’t be afraid to brag about it. For instance, if you’re skilled in remote desktop support, emphasize how your proficiency can benefit remote workers.
- List any certifications that align with the help desk field. Certificates such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, or HDI Support Center Analyst can boost your credibility.
You can include a career summary , but it’s optional. If you choose to have one, make it job-specific. Focus on your key proficiencies, such as specific operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS) that directly relate to the job.
It’s usually better to focus on your technical skills, namely hardware and software proficiencies. Talk about your in-depth knowledge of Spiceworks, RDP, backing up data, and IT security—your soft skills will shine through your cover letter.
Metrics that demonstrate your impact can set you apart. Highlight statistics such as reduced response times, increased user satisfaction scores, first call resolution rates, or decreased system downtime.
- • Resolved technical issues for over 100 employees, increasing overall productivity by 20%
- • Implemented new IT systems, increasing system efficiency by 15%
- • Led a team of 5 junior IT specialists, improving team efficiency by 10%
- • Resolved technical issues for over 50 employees, ensuring minimal downtime
- • Assisted in the implementation of new IT systems, reducing system errors by 25%
- • Collaborated with the IT team to meet quarterly targets, achieving 100% of goals
- • Supported senior IT specialists in resolving technical issues, contributing to a 10% increase in efficiency
- • Assisted in managing IT systems for 20 employees, maintaining 100% system uptime
- • Assisted in the preparation of quarterly IT reports, achieving 95% accuracy
5 Help Desk Resume Examples & Guide for 2023
Customize this resume with ease using our seamless online resume builder.
Average resume stats for your industry
Top Skills for Help Desk resume
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Raiser's Edge
- Analytical thinking
- Creativity and innovation
Try more resume templates
In this guide, you’ll learn, looking for related resumes, how to create a help desk resume that gets you hired, the right way to write a header for a help desk resume, how to make an outstanding experience section for your help desk resume, 18 essential skills to highlight in your help desk resume, desktop support, help desk manager, service desk manager, technical support manager.
The customer is king.
But as a help desk…
You’re the king of customer service.
Anyone can pick up the phone or respond to an email, but very few can do so efficiently.
Your work extends way beyond solving simple technical problems.
Without you, companies can’t keep up good relationships with their clients. Many businesses would struggle to improve their brand image and keep their loyal customers around.
You help employees from inner departments solve tech issues in a timely fashion. That’s how you allow everyone to be more productive and stay focused on crucial tasks.
The days of simple FAQ pages and Q&A sections on forums are over.
Companies have understood the full extent of your importance. That explains why headhunters today work hard to recruit the best help desk professionals.
But to land the job you want:
You need an outstanding help desk resume that promotes your worth. And that’s what we’re going to teach you today.
We created this guide to help you make a brilliant resume that stands out and gets results.
We’ll show you how to feature the right skills, experience, and other essential sections to make you shine.
Let’s get started.
- Why reading the job description is crucial to picking and featuring the right experience and skills on your resume
- How to structure and format your resume to inspire recruiters and keep them reading
- Best way to showcase your relevant experience and convince headhunters of your worth
- Top technical and soft skills to help you master your job duties and excel at customer service
- Most important additional sections to include if you want to outshine your competition
- Computer Science Resume
- Network Engineer Resume
- Tech Resume
- IT Project Manager Resume
A help desk resume is your chance to leave a strong first impression on recruiters and make them want you.
It's not just a bunch of details or meaningless words sitting on a page. In reality, it's the portal through which you'll land the job you want at the company of your dreams.
Every detail matters, from the way you structure your resume to the way you write your sentences.
Therefore, you must remain strategic in your approach.
First of all:
You need to pick a proper layout for your resume .
There are lots of options to choose from, but not all of them will fit your background.
Here are your two options:
If you have a rich work history and lots of details to share, a reverse-chronological layout is best. Combine that with a double-column temlplate and you can fit everything within a single page without sacrificing any details.
A single column resume template works great for you if you're just getting started as a help desk. You don't want to leave lots of white space in your resume, so you can structure the information to fill the whole page. You might prefer the funcional resume layout in such case, as it allows you to focus on skills, rather than experience.
You need to be different from everyone else.
Think about it for a second…
The company needs assistance from a professional help desk. They've been looking for an ideal candidate for a while — yet they still haven't hired anyone.
Why do you think is that?
- The majority of applicants don't have the right set of experience and skills to compete for the job
- No one has addressed the hiring company's needs precisely, and most candidates are ego-centric only looking for their own interest
That's where you'll beg to differ and prove yourself deserving of the position.
You'll highlight your unique expertise, most excellent qualities, and career achievements to stand out from the pack. But more importantly, you'll tailor your resume to answer to the company's needs precisely.
This way, you're outperforming everyone in the race and give recruiters a million reasons to hire you.
Best sections for a help desk resume
What recruiters want to see in a help desk resume
- The right customer service experience to help you assist clients effectively
- A solid background in IT and computer science to prove your fitness for the job
- Quantifiable achievements and work results demonstrated through reliable metrics and precise numbers
- Eagerness to learn various technical skills quickly and apply the knowledge in practice
- A set of soft skills including solution-oriented mindset, patience, and interpersonal abilities to allow for flawless communication
The header is a small section sitting at the top of your resume to help you identify yourself.
It only includes personal details - so it shouldn't affect your chances of getting hired.
You want recruiters to remember who you are in a pile of hundreds of resumes. So, this is your chance to hammer your name into their heads.
You must follow the right structure in making your header. You have to feature your key personal details. And you also need to leave away any unnecessary information.
So, where do you begin?
For starters, you only need to include the following information:
- Email address
Next, you'll work on placing them correctly on the page.
Make your name memorable by using a bigger font and separating it from the rest of the details.
The job title comes underneath your full name but in a smaller font.
Featuring your full address is optional, especially if you live far away from the hiring company's location.
So, adding just the city and state in your address is okay.
LinkedIn is where most headhunters go to publish job postings and find qualified candidates. And the platform presents an opportunity for applicants to showcase their worth beyond a one-page resume.
Featuring a link to your LinkedIn profile is your way of helping recruiters notice you. It allows them to learn more about you before the interview, which is something they're grateful for.
Let's look at a couple of examples:
Recruiters must be sure that you're their best candidate they can hire before choosing you.
They want to see that you have solid experience with customer experience. And they need to be sure of your IT skills and problem-solving abilities.
But how do you prove any of that?
Well… it's quite simple!
Show that you've done it all before.
Craft an experience section that presents your job experience professionally. Then, fill it with details about your career successes and accomplishments.
Here are three golden rules to follow when writing your experience section:
1- List your experience in chronological order.
A perfect experience section must be chronological. That means you should start from the most recent position and continue further down.
You don't need to include every single position you've ever had. So, be careful when choosing what you put in this section.
2- Be specific.
It's more important to show than just tell when talking about your work history.
Headhunters are tired of reading repetitive job tasks over and over again. Every applicant they come across sounds the same with all the generic duties they find on Google.
The key here is to give recruiters what they want to see specifically. And to find that, you must look through the job description .
Make each bullet point you list here counts by mentioning the impact you had in your previous positions.
But more importantly:
Everything you mention here has to be relevant to the job you're applying for.
3- Quantify your achievements.
This rule gives hiring managers a rational anchor point for comparison. If your numbers are better than everyone else's, you'll separate yourself from the pack.
You won't be stuck at the bottom with the unqualified candidates who also claim to be good at customer support.
Each bullet point must come with a concrete example or a quantifiable achievement to inspire headhunters.
Use precise numbers of the results you achieved in the past to quantify your career wins.
Check out this example:
- • Responsible for customer service and inquiries
- • Helped customers with technical issues related to the company’s products and services
- • Stayed up-to-date with the latest company technologies and software updates
Nobody likes buzzwords , especially not hiring managers.
They've read hundreds of resumes where job responsibilities are listed with no concrete numbers to prove them.
There's nothing to back up those claims and achievements. As a result, such resumes get largely ignored or even count against the applicant.
The solution is to focus on concrete numbers to demonstrate your impact as a help desk professional.
You need to keep an active language when showcasing your work as a help desk. Stick to action verbs and industry-specific verbs to highlight relevance and competence.
Now, here's what a great help desk experience section looks like:
- • Answered, evaluated, and prioritized 3200 customer inquiries and support requests while maintaining 98% ratings of positive feedback
- • Assisted in the hiring and scaling of the team from 10 teammates to 35 by screening potential candidates
- • Recorded, tracked, and updated support interactions using the company’s ticketing system to help with software development
Featuring the right skills in your resume is key to getting you hired.
Recruiters often find themselves stuck choosing between candidates with the same level of experience. So they rely on the skills section to decide on the best applicant for the job.
But here’s the thing:
It isn’t always clear to you as a job-seeker which talents are essential to showcase in your resume.
Companies differ in the way they operate and deal with their customers. The technologies and tools they use also vary significantly from one industry to another.
As a rule of thumb, you must focus this section on two types of skills:
- Soft skills
- Technical skills
Soft skills include customer service, the ability to stay on top of client requests, troubleshooting, problem-solving, etc…
Patience and solution-oriented thinking are also crucial to helping you excel at your job.
Moreover, you must demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt to new tools whenever needed. That shows hiring managers your eagerness to succeed at the job and go the extra mile.
On the other hand:
Technical skills vary widely based on the technology used by the company. There are no universally sought-after technical skills in the job market today.
You can recognize what the company needs from you in the job offer. And many tools and technologies are so popular that most businesses in the market today are using them.
So, by this point…
Your primary focus should be to find the most relevant abilities required for the job. Once you identify them, you’ll only need to narrow your list down and present it in this section.
To do that, you should:
- List all the soft and hard skills you possess in one list.
- Define the most sought-after soft/technical talents by reading the job description and keep them in a separate list
- See which skills correlate the most (those are the ones your help desk resume needs to feature)
Here’s our hand-picked list of the most critical help desk resume skills:
Most sought-after technical skills for help desk resume
- Active directory
- Desktop support
- Technical support
- Service desk
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Email support
Best soft skills to showcase in your help desk resume
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Read the job description thoroughly to identify the hiring company’s needs and address them in your resume
- Create an eye-grabbing header to keep headhunters reading
- Feature your relevant work experience and solidify your claims through precise metrics and quantifiable achievements
- Showcase your technical/soft skills in your experience and skills section to make your resume more appealing
- Feature your educational background and certificates to stand out from the crowd and outshine your competitors
Help Desk resume examples
Explore additional help desk resume samples and guides and see what works for your level of experience or role.
Desktop support roles are similar to a foundational pillar in IT infrastructure. Therefore, desktop support trends can impact the way whole organizations function.
Emphasize your ability to troubleshoot swiftly and accurately. Display your familiarity with common operating systems and applications. Demonstrate your soft skills relevant to desktop support such as communication, team work and patience. Prove that you understand user issues and solve accordingly. Frame your resume in such a way that it showcases your skills in hardware and software, as well as how those skills led to efficient troubleshooting.
Don't just list qualifications; show how you used them to improve the system. Following 'skill-action-results' could look like 'improved ticket resolution time by...' or 'reduced system crashes by...' and so on.
View Desktop Support Resume
Help Desk Managers play a critical role in customer service. Their actions can have great influence on customer satisfaction and brand loyalty.
Experience in software such as ticket tracking systems and database software is a must. Showcase your customer service skills and ability to manage teams. Demonstrate how you have implemented support strategies that reduced resolution time and improved satisfaction.
Avoid simply listing skills. Instead, show how your management style and technical abilities resulted in improved key performance indicators (KPIs). For example, 'Reduced average call handling time by implementing...', 'Increased customer satisfaction by...' et cetera.
View Help Desk Manager Resume
A Service Desk Manager role is as a bridge between users and IT operations. This influential role can shape IT processes within a company.
Your resume should demonstrate your expertise in IT service management principles like ITIL or COBIT. Highlight how you have developed and implemented operational procedures that improved efficiency.
Don’t just list your skills. Instead, show how they have led to more efficient operations. Following 'skill-action-results' could look like 'lowered downtimes by implementing...', 'improved service delivery through...' and so on.
View Service Desk Manager Resume
Technical Support Manager roles form a cornerstone of customer and client support systems. Trends within this sphere have far-reaching implications for any tech company.
Among others, highlight your ability to manage and train a team of tech support representatives. Tout your familiarity with a range of software and hardware specific to your industry. Demonstrate a history of increasing customer satisfaction rating by streamlining the tech support process.
Show, not just tell, your skills. e.g. 'lowered tech support turnaround times...', 'improved customer satisfaction ratings by...' and more.
View Technical Support Manager Resume
Looking to build your own Help Desk resume?
- Resume Examples
How To Write An Effective Resume Profile (With Examples)
How to Write a Reconnecting Email to Build Your Professional Network
Sam landed a job at Spotify with Enhancv
Resume Order of Jobs – Does it Matter?
Resume Sections: Everything You Need to Know
Do You Indent Paragraphs In A Cover Letter
- Create Resume
- Terms of Service
- HTML Sitemap
- Resume Templates
- Resume Formats
- Resume Checker
- Resume Skills
- How to Write a Resume
- Modern Resume Templates
- Simple Resume Templates
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Examples
- Cover Letter Templates
- Cover Letter Formats
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Resume Guides
- Cover Letter Guides
- Job Interview Guides
- Job Interview Questions
- Career Resources
- Meet our customers
- Career resources
- English (UK)
- French (FR)
- Swedish (SE)
© 2023 . All rights reserved.
Made with love by people who care.
- Resume Builder
- Resume Templates
- Resume Formats
- Resume Examples
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Templates
- Cover Letter Formats
- Cover Letter Examples
- Career Advice
- Interview Questions
- Resume Skills
- Resume Objectives
- Job Description
- Job Responsibilities
Help Desk Resume Examples
Writing a resume for a help desk position is a daunting task. With the amount of competition in today’s job market, it is essential to have an effective resume that stands out from the competition. This guide is designed to help job seekers create a resume that will land them their dream job as a help desk specialist. It will cover topics such as important resume elements, formatting tips, and even includes help desk resume examples to make it easier for you to get started. With the right knowledge and tools, you can put together a resume that will get the attention of hiring managers and land you the job you want.
If you didn’t find what you were looking for, be sure to check out our complete library of resume examples .
Start building your dream career today!
Create your professional resume in just 5 minutes with our easy-to-use resume builder!
123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 99999 | Phone: (123) 456-7890 | Email: [email protected]
Highly motivated and experienced help desk professional with 10+ years of professional experience in troubleshooting, technical support, and customer service. Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues and provide outstanding customer service. Skilled in resolving technical issues and implementing technical solutions with a focus on client satisfaction. Possess strong organizational and communication skills, as well as a high level of attention to detail.
Core Skills :
- Proficient in troubleshooting, technical support and customer service
- Networking, hardware and software setup and maintenance
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac OS and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent problem- solving and multitasking skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Professional Experience : Help Desk Technician, XYZ Company, Orlando, FL
- Provided technical assistance and support to internal and external customers
- Troubleshot and resolved hardware, software, and network issues
- Configured computer systems and installed software applications
- Performed maintenance on systems and equipment
- Assisted in creating and updating training documentation
IT Support Technician, ABC Company, Houston, TX
- Responded to customer inquiries and provided technical support
- Installed, configured and maintained computer systems and networks
- Diagnosed and resolved technical issues for customers
- Developed and maintained system documentation
- Assisted in the deployment of new technologies
Education : Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, University of Houston, Houston, TX, 2013 Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Houston Community College, Houston, TX, 2011
Create My Resume
Build a professional resume in just minutes for free.
Help Desk Resume with No Experience
- Recent graduate with a passion for customer service and technology support
- Eager to leverage excellent communication and problem- solving skills to become a successful Help Desk Technician
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software with a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
- Customer Service: Proven record of understanding customer needs and delivering solutions
- Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networking
- Problem Solving: Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues
- Organization: Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and meet deadlines
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate with customers, colleagues, and supervisors
- Provide customer service support to users experiencing technical difficulties
- Answer questions and provide assistance regarding technical issues
- Troubleshoot and diagnose technical problems
- Create and maintain user accounts in accordance with company policies
- Log and document technical support issues and resolutions
- Perform daily system maintenance and security checks
- Ensure timely and effective resolution of customer issues
- Provide feedback to management on customer service issues
- Maintain knowledge of new hardware and software systems
Experience 0 Years
Help Desk Resume with 2 Years of Experience
Results- driven professional with 2 years of experience in providing technical assistance and customer support in the help desk environment. Skilled in troubleshooting hardware, software, and network issues for diverse customer base and managing customer service inquiries. Adept in developing customer relationships, analyzing customer requirements, and resolving customer complaints. Proven capacity to work in a rapidly changing environment and adhere to timelines.
- Network Troubleshooting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Technical Problem Resolving
- Help Desk Support
- System Administration
- Time Management
- Maintained help desk functions to ensure optimal customer service experience.
- Troubleshot hardware, software, and network issues to support customer inquiries.
- Performed system administration tasks and documented customer interactions.
- Analyzed customer requirements and conducted customer surveys.
- Resolved customer complaints and ensured customer satisfaction.
- Monitored customer service operations and managed inquiries in a timely manner.
- Supported upgrades and installation of hardware and software components.
- Ensured adherence to customer service standards.
Experience 2+ Years
Help Desk Resume with 5 Years of Experience
A results- driven Help Desk professional with 5 years of experience in providing technical assistance and support to users. Proven ability to provide effective troubleshooting and problem- solving solutions to complex user inquiries. Skilled in training users on various software and hardware applications. Possess a strong customer service mindset, with a dedication to providing high quality service and support.
- Technical Documentation
- Customer Support
- Hardware/Software Setup
- PC/Mac Support
- Provided technical assistance and troubleshooting for hardware and software issues
- Configured systems and networks to maximize user experience
- Created detailed technical documentation for systems and processes
- Identified and resolved customer inquiries regarding software, hardware and network issues
- Assisted users with installation, setup and configuration of hardware and software
- Provided training and technical support to new users
Experience 5+ Years
Help Desk Resume with 7 Years of Experience
A motivated and customer- oriented Help Desk professional with 7 years of experience providing comprehensive technical support for customers and employees. Demonstrated expertise in problem- solving with a strong background in customer service. Specializes in troubleshooting and resolving system errors, diagnosing and repairing computers and networks, and responding to customer inquiries.
- Customer service
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Systems installation and configuration
- Network administration
- Hardware and software support
- Systems security
- Data backup and recovery
- Networking protocols
- Acted as the primary point of contact for customer inquiries and service requests.
- Provided technical support to customers and employees via telephone, email, and remote sessions.
- Installed, configured, and maintained desktop and laptop computers, printers, and mobile devices.
- Added, deleted, and maintained user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Performed troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software issues.
- Resolved network connectivity issues in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Performed system backup and recovery operations.
- Installed and configured networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS.
- Implemented system security measures to protect data from threats and unauthorized access.
- Maintained inventory of IT assets and provided regular reports.
Experience 7+ Years
Help Desk Resume with 10 Years of Experience
Dynamic and experienced help desk professional with 10 years of experience in providing technical assistance and customer service to end- users. Expertise in troubleshooting hardware and software, providing remote and onsite support, and documenting incidents. Adept in identifying and resolving technical issues, and establishing and maintaining customer relationships.
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and hardware platforms
- Proficient in cloud- based applications and software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues and provide effective solutions
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, or online chat
- Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Train and mentor junior members of the team
- Implement and maintain network infrastructure
- Monitor inventory of IT equipment and software
- Diagnose system errors and create solutions
- Resolve technical problems in a timely manner
- Document processes and procedures for future reference
Experience 10+ Years
Level Senior Manager
Help Desk Resume with 15 Years of Experience
Seeking a position as a Help Desk professional with experience of 15+ years in providing technical support services. Possess knowledge in troubleshooting hardware and software errors, monitoring system performance and providing technical assistance to customers. Skilled in interpreting technical issues and providing technical solutions. Proactive in providing solutions with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Technical Troubleshooting
- System Monitoring
- Customer Service
- Hardware & Software Installation
- Network Administration
- Data Analysis
- Project Management
- Provide support services to customers via telephone and email
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Monitor system performance and respond to errors
- Install and configure hardware and software
- Ensure customer satisfaction by providing clear and accurate information
- Design and maintain network systems
- Analyze data and generate reports
- Manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload
Experience 15+ Years
In addition to this, be sure to check out our resume templates , resume formats , cover letter examples , job description , and career advice pages for more helpful tips and advice.
What should be included in a Help Desk resume?
A Help Desk resume should include certain skills and experiences that demonstrate that you are qualified for the position. Below are some of the key items to include on a Help Desk resume:
- Education: List any relevant technical certifications, college degrees, and/or other education you have in a related field.
- Technical Skills: Detail the technical tools, software, and operating systems you are experienced with.
- Customer Service Experience: Describe any customer service experience you have, including dealing with difficult customers and resolving customer issues.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Highlight any experiences where you have solved technical or customer service related problems.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrate your ability to pay close attention to detail and follow procedures.
- Teamwork: Showcase any experiences you have working in a collaborative environment.
- Organization: Highlight your ability to stay organized when dealing with multiple tasks and customer service requests.
These are the essential components to include in a Help Desk resume. By highlighting your relevant experiences and skills, you can show prospective employers that you have the knowledge and qualifications to be an effective Help Desk worker.
What is a good summary for a Help Desk resume?
A good summary for a Help Desk resume should highlight the candidate’s technical expertise as well as their customer service and problem solving skills. It should also demonstrate the candidate’s understanding of IT systems and the ability to provide reliable support for users. A good summary should also reflect the candidate’s ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and efficiently. Finally, a good summary should showcase the candidate’s success in delivering and maintaining a high level of customer service.
What is a good objective for a Help Desk resume?
A Help Desk resume should have an objective that clearly communicates to potential employers the skills and qualifications you have that make you a strong candidate for the position. A good objective for a Help Desk resume should include:
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience in providing technical support.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose computer and software system issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of systems and network administration principles.
- Passion for customer service and problem solving.
How do you list Help Desk skills on a resume?
When applying for a job as a Help Desk Technician, you should include a list of relevant Help Desk skills on your resume. Employers will look for these skills as they evaluate your qualifications for the position. Here are some skills that are often sought after in Help Desk Technicians:
- Technical Troubleshooting: Ability to quickly diagnose technical issues and identify solutions.
- Hardware and Software Maintenance: Knowledge of computer hardware and software setup, installation and maintenance.
- Networking Knowledge: Knowledge of network security, system administration, and network troubleshooting.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide excellent customer service and effectively communicate with customers.
- Problem Solving: Ability to identify problems and develop effective solutions.
- Documentation: Ability to document technical information and customer support issues.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Patience: Ability to remain calm and patient when dealing with customers.
What skills should I put on my resume for Help Desk?
Help Desk positions are crucial for IT departments and companies, as they often provide the first point of contact for customers and employees who need technical assistance. If you are applying for a Help Desk job, it is important to have a resume that highlights your technical skills and experience relevant to the position. Here are some skills you should include on your Help Desk resume:
- Experience with customer service: Help Desk personnel must be able to provide friendly and helpful customer service, even in the face of difficult or angry customers. Your resume should emphasize any previous customer service experience you have.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and software: Help Desk personnel need to be familiar with a variety of computer systems and components, such as laptops, desktops, printers, routers, and software applications.
- Troubleshooting skills: Help Desk personnel need to be able to quickly diagnose technical problems and then provide solutions. Your resume should highlight any experience you have with diagnosing and solving technical issues.
- Good communication skills: Help Desk personnel need to be able to effectively interact with customers and other IT staff. Your resume should show evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task: Help Desk personnel are often required to handle multiple requests at the same time. Highlight any experience you have with multitasking on your resume.
By including these skills on your resume, you can show potential employers that you possess the necessary technical and interpersonal skills to be a successful Help Desk personnel.
Key takeaways for an Help Desk resume
When crafting the perfect Help Desk resume, the key takeaways are to focus on your technical and customer service skills, highlight any certifications or specialized training, and showcase your ability to troubleshoot issues.
In the technical section of your resume, emphasize your experience with hardware and software, listing any certifications or specialized training that you have received. This can include certifications such as certifications in Windows Server or Microsoft Exchange, or specialized training you have received in areas such as troubleshooting or customer service. Don’t forget to mention any languages you are familiar with, such as HTML or SQL.
When it comes to customer service, show off your ability to provide a pleasant experience for users. Describe how you actively listen to users, ask the right questions in order to resolve issues quickly, and provide clear instructions and solutions. Demonstrate your success in resolving problems and responding to user inquiries in a timely manner.
Finally, you should also showcase your ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues. Describe any unique methods you have used to identify and resolve issues, and highlight any successes that you have had in this area.
By focusing on these key takeaways, you can create a Help Desk resume that will stand out from the competition. Showcase your technical and customer service skills, highlight any certifications or specialized training, and demonstrate your ability to troubleshoot issues. With these key takeaways in mind, you will be well on your way to crafting the perfect Help Desk resume.
Let us help you build your Resume!
Make your resume more organized and attractive with our Resume Builder
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
- Resume Samples
- Customer Service
Help Desk Support Resume Samples
The guide to resume tailoring.
Guide the recruiter to the conclusion that you are the best candidate for the help desk support job. It’s actually very simple. Tailor your resume by picking relevant responsibilities from the examples below and then add your accomplishments. This way, you can position yourself in the best way to get hired.
Craft your perfect resume by picking job responsibilities written by professional recruiters
Pick from the thousands of curated job responsibilities used by the leading companies, tailor your resume & cover letter with wording that best fits for each job you apply.
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
- Utilize Network Administrative Tools to manage the network and ensure efficiency of system resources
- Manage service ticket queue, prioritize requests and perform work to meet or exceed clients’ expectations
- Support, trouble shoot, and configure remote access to assist network users with connectivity to network from non-magnet connections
- Provide in-person and remote technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware across Canada
- Manage site specific projects as related to network infrastructure and server support
- Providing first and second-level PC network and technical support to users on routine or complex problems on all desktop and server application issues
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Working knowledge of eClinicalworks
- Performs other duties as instructed by management
- Perform workstation setup, moves, ads, changes
- Assists the Help Desk Manager with reporting, analysis, or training and testing tasks
- At the start or end of each work shift discuss, transfer and/or make aware the shift of any unresolved or open issues
- Work with various IT support team members; providing prompt problem resolution to end-user community
- Provide customers with training and advice on DB related technologies and transformations
- Work within the team framework created by management and work with team members on assigned projects
- Assist in maintaining software and workstation image management, including the use of image deployment software to perform imaging tasks for workstations
- Assist with IT administrative duties; signing checkout sheet, obtaining paperwork for, setting up, and troubleshooting for network and email accounts
- Assist in providing support to project managers to integrate and transition projects or new technology efforts to the production support environment
- Assist in troubleshooting advanced technical issues within the network and telecommunications environments
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Create, track and manage service requests for new hires, client moves and terminations
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge and experience supporting Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Strong knowledge of server and network topology
- Excellent phone & customer service skills; ability to be empathetic, work under stress and allow the end user to feel the smile through the phone
- Ability to deal with irate customers and to always display a professional attitude while
- Excellent customer service ability and soft-skills is the most important qualification
- Experience working with a knowledge base or knowledge tool
- Ability to master functionality of new Firm applications quickly and effectively
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone, maintaining a professional demeanor
- Ability to exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
15 Help Desk Support resume templates
Read our complete resume writing guides
How to tailor your resume, how to make a resume, how to mention achievements, work experience in resume, 50+ skills to put on a resume, how and why put hobbies, top 22 fonts for your resume, 50 best resume tips, 200+ action words to use, internship resume, killer resume summary, write a resume objective, what to put on a resume, how long should a resume be, the best resume format, how to list education, cv vs. resume: the difference, include contact information, resume format pdf vs word, how to write a student resume, corp-help desk support analyst resume examples & samples.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate to demanding customers
- Ideally Possess a Bachelor degree in IT
- Knowledge of computer operations practices, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems on PC's
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of software applications on PC's
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical computer problems
- Ability to install hardware and software
- Ability to load and optimize utilization of advanced computer software and operating systems
- Understanding of connecting, routing, data transfer, Protocols, Firewalls, TCP/IP
- Team-playing attitude, interpersonal skills, autonomy
- Ability to learn & utilise new concepts quickly
- Fluent in English
- Fluent in Portuguese (native language in Brazil)
Specialist Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience in IT Support
- Approximately 7 plus years of experience in support of IT products
- Extensive technical expertise in various facets of PC support, which may include PC applications, hardware, tools, utilities, networking, telecommunications
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects or assignments in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Able to work effectively with high level customers and other management personnel
- Exceptionally strong Customer Service skills
Help Desk Support Analyst Levels Resume Examples & Samples
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills $
- College degree
Help Desk Support Representative Resume Examples & Samples
- Proficient in technical problem solving skills
- Efficient & accurate in documenting incidents/problems into the ticketing system within specified service level agreement (SLA's)
- Ability to collaborate with Level 1 and Level II on various projects and daily tasks
- Proficient in troubleshooting Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Operating systems
- 3+ years software analysis and solutions development in a variety of environments with increasing levels of responsibility
- Exposure to SuccessFactors, ADP or other HR/Payroll Applications not required but preferred
- Proficient at Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Analysis Skills, including ability to quickly learn and apply system related functions
- Pro-activity and Drive
- Ability to adapt and embrace change
Supervisor Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Minimum 2 years of experience using Sabre distribution system including understanding of the procedures related to the reservation, ticketing and fulfillment of travel bookings
- Prior supervisory experience in a contact center environment preferred
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of multicultural staff and to delegate to subordinates
- Ability to analyze problems, identify key problems and make decisions to solve problems
- Ability to provide technical support and advise team on technical support
- Ability to evaluate and coach performance
- Ability to make decisions on the spot during difficult situations
- Strong presentation skills in diverse scenarios
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English
Help Desk Support Service Specialist Resume Examples & Samples
- Minimum four years of technical experience on an enterprise helpdesk
- Two years of experience with supporting remote users through telephone discussion
- Knowledge of and experience with printer mapping, wireless network configuration and troubleshooting, VPN client connectivity
- Must be able to obtain the Security+ certification and provide proof that the candidate is enrolled into the Comptia Continuing Education program before start
- Must be able to work any shifts – 24x7
Help Desk Support Analyst / st Line Support Resume Examples & Samples
- To provide telephone and email help desk support and handling first Line calls
- Quickly identify calls that need to be routed to 2nd Line support and assign these as necessary
- Ensure that all work is carried out and recorded in accordance with the Help Desk standards and procedures
- Identify calls that need to be escalated to the Help Desk Team Leader or Manager
- To identify customer training requirements
- Participate in department reviews, looking for process improvement, spotting trends and help to identify communication needs both internally and externally
- Keep up to date with our Planet Application functionality and deployment methods
- Good knowledge of microsoft products
- Interest in windows server/ citrix/ database management/ report writing
- Graduate with computer degree
- 2+ years IT related experience troubleshooting hardware, software, and connectivity issues
- 3+ years of direct interaction with customers and clients in a corporate environment
- 3+ years of IT Helpdesk/Call Center Experience, User Support, Win XP/2000, Outlook 2003 & 2007, Ticketing System knowledge/experience
- Highly skilled in multi-tasking is a must
- The HDI Customer Support Specialist Certification (CSS) or HDI Help Desk Analyst Certification (HDA) is highly desired
IT Help Desk Support Representative Resume Examples & Samples
- Escalates Help Desk tickets to appropriate second and third level support groups in a timely manner
- Tracks and monitors Help Desk tickets to ensure a timely resolution
- Basic troubleshooting of operating systems, computer hardware, applications (software and peripherals, etc.)
- Provides basic instruction to all users as necessary regarding the use of various pieces of equipment or Bank deployed software packages
- Performs IT equipment moves and schedules all repairs, conference calls and Live Meeting requests
Help Desk Support Analyst Resume Examples & Samples
- 6 or more months of telephone technical support/ customer service experience
- Basic networking experience
- Excellent communication and phone answering skills
- Good typing and grammatical skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal procedures
- Willing to work weekends and or different work shifts when needed
- Answer any in coming client calls
- Log and thoroughly document all incoming client calls into the Remedy database application
- Triage, Resolve, Close and/or escalate all assigned and/or answered client calls
- Transfer any unresolved calls to Level II
- Follow the escalation procedures of escalating all problems calls first through your Level II analyst, NTST, then management
- Check the Remedy database queue for any assigned calls and client issues assigned to you throughout your work shift by the Coordinator
- Updates to the Remedy database as required when the status of issues changes
- Communicates effectively and courteously with the end user regarding the status and or resolution of each issue
- Advises team members and management of any issues that relate to customer satisfaction or if there are problems in getting issues resolved in a timely manner
- Keep peers and manager informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays
- Attends departmental meetings as required and actively participates in in all meeting activities
- Take the training required, technical as well as interpersonal. Stay abreast of all current technology
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science (CS) or related area, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years of experience in a help desk support related role
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Vista/7 and associated applications used in an office environment including Office 2007/2010 and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking as it applies to a Windows environment
- Knowledge of a variety of protocols including DHCP, DNS, SMB/NETBIOS, SMTP, RDP
- Strong ability to operate in a close team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to work with a wide degree of creativity and latitude
Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users. Includes problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps
- Typically resolves basic problems while refers more complex problems to intermediate and/or senior level
- May involve use of problem management database and help desk system
- Serves as primary contact for customer queries regarding network outages
- May require traveling for Helpdesk projects
- Working experience of at least 12 months at an airline or a travel agency using the Sabre system
- High level of resistance to stress and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Preferred additional language skills- Arabic, French or Urdu
- Excellent computer software skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Partner with peers to identify areas of improvement within the IT department and the company-at-large, providing solutions in the form of new standards and procedures
- Answer calls from internal users, providing effective first-level support and documenting your work in Humana’s tracking system
- Triage reported problems to determine the most efficient manner of resolution
- Simulate or recreate operating difficulties, recommending system modifications and communicating with other IT departments to correct core issues
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems
- Strong troublshooting skills
- Strong communication skills
- Bi-lingual (read and write English / Spanish)
- Strong team player and problem solving skills
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field or technical certifications (example: MCSE)
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports
Specialist, Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Answers telephone and email support requests
- Assumes responsibility for tasks assigned to them and ensures proper technical solutions have been applied
- Participates in system maintenance, upgrades, etc
- Participate in computer moves
- Prepares computers for new and existing staff members
- Installs / upgrades business applications
- Supports remote access (Citrix, Cicso VPN, WAN) to business applications
- Work with users and other technical personnel to resolve problems
- Experience with mobile devices and (EMM McAfee/BES)
- Experience using SCCM (remote control console)
- Experience with Exchange Management Console – (2010)
- Minimum of 2 years experience with
- Troubleshooting IT issues
- Windows 7 and XP workstations
- MS Office 2007, 2010
- Knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP VPN, DHCP)
- Knowledge of Business apps (Reppak, IBMS, Borealis, InfoSys, MicroBBM)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Studies or related field an asset
- Provide hardware and software technical support for corporate and remote users
- Respond to and resolve helpdesk tickets, emails, calls and voicemails in a timely manner
- Setup new desktops and laptops with necessary business applications
- Setup user accounts, permissions, mailboxes, groups and other server administration items
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware as necessary (computers, printers, networking, wiring, etc.)
- Manage service ticket queue, prioritize requests and perform work to meet or exceed clients’ expectations
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills working in a collaborative environment
- Experience with MAC harware and OSX
Hbss Help Desk Support Admin Resume Examples & Samples
- Provide support to Fleet Units for all matters dealing with HBSS ashore ePO management
- Escalate issues/problems to support solution development
- Manage, track, report, policy exceptions IAW Navy TTPs/SOPs
- Report compliance status IAW Navy mandates, and management direction
- Implement HBSS deployment, and policy strategies IAW approved Navy TTPs/SOPs
- Manage ticketing system
- Monitor/Analyze ePO rollup event feeds and respond/report IAW approved Navy TTPs/SOPs
- Monitor/ Analyze ePO rollup asset feeds and respond/report IAW approved Navy TTPs/SOPs
- Monitor/Analyze Rogue System Detection and respond/report IAW approved Navy TTPs/SOPs
- Verify automated reports are being sent out as needed
- Creation of server tasks, automated reports, etc
- Maintain a presence in the HBSS chat room
- Current DoD 8570.01-M IAT level II certification requirements (Security+ CE, CCNA Security, GSEC, SSCP)
- Active security level clearance
- 7+ years of IT experience to include 2+ years helpdesk experience
- Knowledge and experience in working with each of the following
- McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention System
- McAfee Data Loss Prevention Endpoint products
- McAfee HBSS ePO administration
- Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) server working knowledge
- Computer Network Service Provider Auditor (CNDSP-AU)
Remote Project Based Application Help Desk Support Representative Resume Examples & Samples
- Ability to maintain a high energy level on several calls
- Confidence, adaptability and integrity to handle various phone calls
- Ability to multi-task, i.e. type while talking on the phone
- Gathering information, researching/resolving inquiries and logging applicant calls/emails
- Maintaining an engaging rapport, quickly, with many students throughout the day
- Answering student questions about admission requirements, filling out the application, submitting documentation, deadlines, etc
- Mastering our communication systems (phone, e-mail, RightNow and other internet databases)
- 3+ years of experience in Help Desk or Technical Support roles
- Network / Desktop troubleshooting experience with: Re-Imaging Desktops, Windows XP/7 Operating Systems, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server operating system
- Strong client-facing skills
- Logs all help desk calls or email requests into ticket system and updates existing tickets
- Supports the end user in relation to the desktop OS, Microsoft Office, printers, hardware diagnostics and other applicable software packages
- Completes new user setups separations as well as password reset requests
- Completes add / moves / changes within Association phone system
- Works to eliminate root causes of recurring help desk ticket requests
- Train personnel on proper operating procedures relating to application software
- Create FAQ documentation for recurring Help Desk requests
- Provide support to the end-user on PC and software questions
- Troubleshoot computer issues at branch locations including, but not limited to: PC problems, printer problems, internet connectivity, and installation of upgrades and/or new equipment
- Other duties, as necessary
Help Desk Support Technician Resume Examples & Samples
- First-point-of-contact for employee/associate support
- Remote support for office and retail technology
- Provide general technical advice/training to employees/associates
- Properly set resolution expectations and provide continuous status reporting to support population for unresolved problems
- Perform problem determination within the environment and other relevant infrastructure platforms. Escalate issues to appropriate support groups, as required
- Experience using helpdesk ticket tracking systems
- Ability to multitask and meet time constraints
Zara Seeking IT Help Desk Support Based Resume Examples & Samples
- Solving and logging any issues/ problems with various equipment such as registers, PDA’s, TGT’s, and technology devices in the stores (IPads, Printers, Scanners, Network Equipment)
- To deal with any day to day IT issues
- Liaise with the IT department in USA
- IT knowledge
- Understanding of network systems
- Able to work autonomously with high levels of initiative
- Knowledge of Spanish Language is a plus
- Highly organized and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment, under pressure
IT Help Desk Support / Intern Resume Examples & Samples
- First Level IT Support
- Solve day-to-day problems with Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013 and Network Print Devices
- Troubleshoot network connectivity for wired and wireless connections
- Maintain existing user accounts
- Change, upgrade, and/or repair computer hardware and software
- Maintain up-to-date inventory for IT hardware
- On-site and remote user telephone support
- Respond to users concerns
- Promotes good housekeeping (5S)
- Some course study in Computer Science/Information Technology
- Technical knowledge of network and PC hardware
- Computer related experience in operations, maintenance and troubleshooting required
- Knowledge of desktop applications software, configuration, and installation experience required
- Troubleshooting skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities highly desired
- Proficiency utilizing various software, i.e. Microsoft Office, etc
- Must have knowledge of Windows 7, basic networking and personal computer hardware troubleshooting
- Mandatory shift work required including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work independently at all times
- Responsible for On Air production support including newsrooms/studios/control rooms
- Knowledge of Production applications an asset (iNews, PRX, Harris systems)
- Answers telephone support requests
- Manage assigned tickets in a timely fashion
- Supports remote access (Citrix, VPN, WAN) to business applications
- Supports corporate email on mobile devices
- Creates and updates technical documents for knowledge database
- Minimum of 2 years experience with, Troubleshooting IT issues for Windows 7 workstations and MS Office 2010
- Experience with mobile devices and (McAfee EMM/BES)
- Experience with HP Service Manager
Help Desk Support Associate Resume Examples & Samples
- Understanding of Financial Markets and terminology
- Some experience using online databases
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic
Associate Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Thorough SABRE knowledge, airline and/or travel agency background preferred
- Dealing with both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English
Help Desk Support Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Provide day-to-day support (e.g., break/fix, how to expertise, monitoring, testing) for business applications or infrastructure to end users in both Office and Plant environment
- Co-ordinates with Support team to ensure that problem are resolved on-time
- Perform Windows 7/8 SCCM provisioning process to stage desktops and laptops
- Setup and perform data transfer for users
- Act as Team member to deploy Global IT’s new initiatives, example: Windows 8 installation and upgrade to Windows 10
- Attend to CCSN tickets and provide technical (hardware and application) support to users
- Submit CCSN Requests. Example: New user creation, request for Secure-ID soft token
- Attend to adhoc requests, example: Town-hall setup, Open Meetings setup, Workshop setup, Audio setup for Seasonal or Occasional celebration
- Attend to vendor who will be onsite: examples: Server room and switch rooms air conditioner servicing, FM200 integrity test, Zebra printer service maintenance etc.
- Provide support to Warehouse Wireless devices (Handheld Terminals & Printers)
- Associate Degree with concentration in Computer Science
- Two (2) to three (3) years of experience Help Desk support activities. Experience of supporting end users on desktop support and day-to-day activities
- Basic understanding of Desktop, Server, LAN & WAN Environment and troubleshooting experience
- Windows OS knowledge and related problem resolution
- Desktop/printer trouble shooting
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer
- 1-2 years support center experience
- Strong PC skills
- Amazing Customer Service Skills
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff
Help Desk-support Service Specialist Resume Examples & Samples
- All work must be completed on-site at Ft. Knox
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows 7
- Helpdesk (HDI) certification is required
- Experience on an enterprise helpdesk
- Experience with supporting remote users through telephone discussion
- People skills, team player, strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work any shifts
Help Desk Support Spec Resume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for providing helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT Remedy Enterprise helpdesk system
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first- out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local desktop or laptop workstation
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software with appropriate Knowledge Points and updates them as necessary by documenting internal procedures
- Install, test and configure new laptop workstations, peripheral equipment and software and maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software and adhere to Army Gold Master Standards
- Perform timely laptop hardware and software upgrades as required by end user and in accordance with approved software and hardware list
- Identify all applicable applications and systems needed in a new build for Transition Division laptops
- Create the build incorporating identified applications and systems
- Deploy build to all identified Transition Division laptops
- Update build with all applicable patches and updates
- Maintain all non-deployed laptops on the network to ensure that they remain on the domain
- Coordinate and ship laptops to Transition Division in the field (utilizing existing shipping account)
- Conduct spot check inventories in accordance with identified resource inventory procedures
- Assist in answering TAP-XXI IT support emails
- Associate Degree (or equivalent years of experience) in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and 2+ years of related experience as Help Desk Specialist. Significant experience may substitute for minimum educational requirements
- Work at an enterprise leave help desk to design, develop, implement Install, test and configure new laptop workstations, peripheral equipment and changes to the end user specific applications and services
- Monitor system hardware and software services and recommends effective utilization of resources and investigate potential system performance problems and implements emergency recovery procedures
- Respond to system and environment problems by analyzing the problem, formulating a solution, and quickly repairing the system to avoid costly interruption of services to end users
- Maintain knowledge of hardware, software, and/or systems products to continuously improve system utilization, performance and financial benefits
- Minimum two years of technical experience on an enterprise helpdesk
- Previous experience with enterprise helpdesk application
- Helpdesk (HDI) certification is required within the first 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards a plus
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must sign a non-disclosure and privileged level access agreement
- A self-starter, capable of working both independently and in team environments
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures
- People skills, team player, strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to troubleshoot problems quickly, work as both a team and/or as a self-directed individual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability to multi- task
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification
- Experience in use of Service Desk telephone and ticketing management software; Remedy and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) experience is a plus
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a highly visible, constantly changing, fast paced, high level government environment supporting military, government and contractor personnel is desired
Systems Administration / Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Windows Server 2008R2; 2012R2
- MS Office 2007/2010/2013
- Windows deployment services
- Active Directory and Deployment via Group Policy
- Windows DNS and DHCP
- Windows Certificate services
- Hyper-V and other virtualization platforms
- Switching and Routing
- Printer support
- Cisco equipment and appliances
- Key management licensing
- Ability to diagnose; research; and debug a variety of complex system or networking problems
- A Good understanding of various types of physical media; how they work; and their limitations
- A high level understanding of operating systems and file systems
- Good organizational skills. This includes listening; note taking; documenting etc
- Must be willing to learn new technology and provide expert level support to all customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate and work as a member of a team is a must
Help Desk Support Rep Resume Examples & Samples
- Responds to telephone calls, e-mails and in person requests. Uses personal knowledge, technical documentation and reference database systems/sources to analyze and solve end-user problems
- Creates and keeps updated IT documentation (inventories, setup, etc.)
- Keeps track of help desk requests and provides Help Desk statistics to manager
- Assists the Systems/Network administrator with daily and special project operations including management of user accounts, systems security verification and performs other duties as assigned
- Assists in developing training materials and conducts training classes on the applications that make up the standard desktop configuration
- Assists providing standard training for all new employees and refresher lessons for current employees
- Understands PC and network environments, diagnostic and system monitoring tools, Information Technology policies and current software applications/utilities, and equipment platforms
- Troubleshoots software setups and configurations
- Escalates problems that require skills and/or knowledge beyond the Analyst's experience and training to the Systems/Network Administrator
- Prepares and installs images of standard desktop configurations
- Installs applications and applies updates to these programs
- Proactively seeks and implements solutions that will reduce the cost and time associated with supporting the applications and recognizes and analyzes trends in errors so as to identify and install long term solutions to problems
- Some college education or Information Technology related experience
- Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to Outlook
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Must act professionally
- Ability to manage time and plan tasks to meet deadlines, and the ability to set priorities
- Must be able to work well in a team environment as well as individually
- Strong sense of ethics, including the need for strict confidentiality
- Troubleshoot hardware/software and resolve issues throughout the day and document results
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Copy and move files through the network without connecting to device
- Create, print objects and the use of print servers
- Use PSTools and WUSE to push windows updates
- Ability to learn corporate applications (use of, error messages, reporting procedures)
- Knowledge of Cisco switches (terminology, port switching, connecting to switches)
- Assigning IP addresses to devices connected to the network
- New setup of workstations and make them presentable (cubicle or office)
- Document and manage surplus inventory
- Excellent customer service skills are a must
- Working experience with Cisco call manager, Cisco contact enter and possible finesse will be definitely beneficial
- Must have experience in resolving PC, tablet, surface book, printer, scanner and software
- Demonstrate a high layer of professionalism even under pressure
- Be a team player and contribute knowledge as well as ask for help
- Must possess working knowledge of
- Windows operating systems (Windows 7, 8/8.1, Surface PRO and Surface RT)
- Windows Mobile OS, Android OS, and Apple iOS
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Active Directory (modifying user accounts, resetting passwords, unlocking accounts)
- DNS and DHCP (Research configuration and custom reservations)
- Remote Desktop Connection (ability to use and teach users how to connect)
- DameWare (Connect to remote users and resolve issues)
Help Desk Support Manager Resume Examples & Samples
- Manage Server backups to include retrieval and storage of tapes
- Collaborates with customer to resolve application, printer, and computer problems, as needed
- Support, setup, administer and troubleshoot for end-user devices, including PCs, printers, other peripheral devices, and Blackberry devices
- Maintains accurate database of hardware accessories, spare, assigned, and emergency Blackberries and accessories
- Produces and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Blackberry, Android & Apple users
- Responsible for answering requests via in-bound and out-bound call, email and CMS ticket
- Assist with basic installation, removal, and trouble-shooting of FIS developed products
- Analyze each request to verify it contains all of the required information to effectively work the request
- Interact with multiple systems that effect the transmissions of maintenance and monetary files for 5,500+ clients which, in turn, are responsible for 25,000+ daily files
- May participate in technical projects
- Communicates technical information to both technical and nontechnical end-users
- The TSR1 works on-call rotations to assist our Secure File Transmissions clients
- Requires a high degree of mental dexterity so the TSR1 can seamlessly multi-task between the products and clients
- Basic MS-Windows and Internet Explorer settings
- Basic knowledge of FTPS and HTTPS
- Self-motivated and an excellent team player
- 1-3 years of experience in a helpdesk environment
- Working knowledge of computers and computer software with emphasis on hospital supported software applications and Microsoft Applications
- Experience monitoring system backups and the changing of backup tapes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with minimal supervision
- Ensure all PC’s and equipment at the Brant location is operational at all times
- Assist System Support Analysis in maintenance of current network infrastructure (including servers, printers, communication devices)
- Working closely with the System Support Analysis in understanding priorities, and in some cases mentor our users in Brant warehouse with respect to problem resolution and, where possible, train these individuals to be able to resolve Level 1 type problems ‘on their own’
- Provide telephone technical support when needed
- Provide ‘entry-level’ training on basic applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) as needed
- Keep inventory and order hardware supplies and computer consumables, including toners, backup media
- 1) Train and develop Level 1 & 2 Staff
- 3) Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes
- 4) Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation
- 5) Products/Software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 1-3 years of desktop support, help desk and end user support experience
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and reasoning skills
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network, CompTIA Security+, ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
Help Desk Support, Computing Services Resume Examples & Samples
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least 1 year of related experience with Help desk and end user support
- Ability to interact with campus community
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems (including UNIX) and common tools including networking, email clients and web browsers
- Certifications from ITIL Foundation and CompTIA are preferred
- Ability to work 11am - 7pm preferred
Technical Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Accept inbound calls and handle customer requests
- General Pharmacy system troubleshooting
- Assistance with adjudication issues
- Intermediate PC, Windows, Network and Hardware troubleshooting
- General networking knowledge (routers, switches, VPN, connectivity)
- Experience with Windows 7/XP
- Application troubleshooting background
- Positive attitude
- Strong schedule adherence
- Minimum 1 year experience in a call center environment preferred
p/t Help Desk Support Tech for Stores Resume Examples & Samples
- Perform 1st level troubleshooting for JCPenney stores as relates to POS, scanners, store workstations, iDevices, printers, etc
- Troubleshoot hardware failures, store application errors, phone/voicemail issues, Windows 2003/2008 server errors, Microsoft Office and OS support, and password administration
- VDI/VMWare experience, troubleshooting sessions and using VMWare tools
- Ensure accurate and timely updates are made to Incidents using BMC Remedy ticketing system
- Review knowledge articles to resolve Incidents quickly showing continuous improvement in first contact resolution
- Utilize Avaya phone system to answer calls, transfer calls and login/out for breaks
- Provide excellent customer service which creates positive memorable customer experiences
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Prior retail experience is a plus
- Ability to diagnose issues in a complex environment and identify solutions quickly using a knowledge base (training is provided)
- Industry certifications (e.g. A+, MCP) are nice to have
- Knowledgeable of Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, and basic troubleshooting of hardware and software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is helpful
- 1-2 years' experience working in a Service Desk/call center environment is preferred
Senor Help Desk Support Engineers Resume Examples & Samples
- BS in Information Systems is preferred
- Strong technical skills in areas such as networks, servers, computer room operations, plant floor PCs, RFID, etc
- Ability to work collaboratively with global IT teams, including Network Ops, GTAM, AM and AD
- Ability to troubleshoot Ability to think logically through problems for quick resolution to issues
Senior Help Desk Support Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Ability to handle a large and varied workload and deliver projects on time
- Experience dealing with customers possessing a wide range of computer skills
- Aptitude to learn new systems
- Effective prioritization, time management, and project management skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated, sound business judgment and leadership qualities
- Ability to work flexible hours/rotating shifts, and overtime, including some weekends and holidays when necessary
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to think logically through problems for quick resolution to issues
- Understands typical IT support-oriented service level agreements and how to achieve SLA results
- Works across several teams to restore service rapidly during service interruptions
- Works with clients and other business units to achieve established SLA(s) / OLA(s)
- Monitors and works with clients/3rd party vendors to facilitate data transmissions
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar role monitoring IT systems
- Exceptionally strong working in a Team orientated environment
Financial Report Writing Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Minimum of 2 yrs day to day working knowledge of SQL databases, Queries, Crystal Reports or Reporting Services reporting
- Working knowledge of Cognos reporting software highly desired
- Experienced in writing reports for Business Intelligence and trending desired
- Working knowledge of a Microsoft OS-based server/client environment desired
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- On call weekend support rotation
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications in order to facilitate tier 3 triage and trouble shooting
- Oracle DB and System Administration experience for basic tasks including maintenance of user accounts and permissions
- Experience writing and tracking trouble tickets/problem reports and providing metrics/feedback to internal and external customers
- Maintain a help desk providing Tier 3 support to triage, troubleshoot, respond to user calls, and resolve issues identified
- Provide an initial response to tickets escalated to the Tier 3 support from the Tier 1 or Tier 2 help desk, conduct follow up to user reported issues, and provide status updates following an established Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Create, maintain and fix database user accounts, roles, and permissions
- Create, maintain and fix system user accounts, roles, and permissions
- Resolve trouble tickets to completion and communicate directly with users to ensure customer satisfaction before closure
- Respond to MARCS Systems service requests and user questions
- Perform data corrections
- Document, track, and resolve user support issues using FDA established tracking tools
- Provide regular status updates and communications regarding all open tickets to the user and, for high and urgent priority tickets, to the COR
- Minimum of 2 yrs day to day working knowledge of a Microsoft OS-based server/client environment, IBM iSeries environments, or a Unix-based OS
- Experience in troubleshooting file transmission issues, typically using FTP or SFTP
- Experience working with security certificates for HTTPS or other SSL encrypted communications
- Experience working with Apache or IIS web servers
- Experience in troubleshooting LAN/WAN network connection issues
- Experience in troubleshooting network printer connection issues
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services highly desired
- Knowledge of financial services industry highly desired
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Occasional on call night and weekend support rotation
- Provide support for a fast growing business group of 600+ employees multiple downtown San Francisco Bay Area locations. Excellent customer service and engagement are our highest priorities
- Travel to other local sites using a variety of transport methods (walking, taxi, train, etc.)
- Heavy focus on Mac support, with a smaller population
- Also local support for network, wireless, and phones systems (with engagement from level 2 support.)
- A least 2 years experience with OS X/mac-OS – El Capitan and later, especially including system image deployment, maintenance, software and system testing and encryption and security tools (McAfee and FileVault)
- At least 2 years support and administration including remote administration, end user support and interaction with other support groups including executive support
- At least 1 year experience with productivity tools running on Mac’s including MS Office, Lync
- At least 1 year Mac experience in a medium to large environment
- At least 1 year experience with platform management and integration preferably JAMF Casper Suite, SCCM or equivalent
- At least 1 year experience with ticketing and traffic reporting tools (Zendesk, HPSM, or equivalent)-Not Mandatory
- Diagnose individual and Firm-wide problems accurately, distinguishing between software, hardware and/or network issues
- Apply expert knowledge to assist with Windows 10 issue resolution, FileSite, Outlook, MS Office 2013, Worksite, DTE, IE, Citrix, Acrobat, STBWeb and legal research tools to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Educate users and team members on software and support issues
- Communicate clear, concise, step-by-step procedures to users
- Escalate Firm-wide system problems according to Department guidelines
- Create a call tracking ticket for every issue handled, including all relevant information in a concise manner when escalating user problems to 3rd level support
- Prioritize issues based on urgency and according to Department guidelines
- Follow up with users to ensure issues have been satisfactorily resolved
- Document troubleshooting steps to share with User Support and others as appropriate
- Make suggestions for departmental technical procedures and troubleshooting knowledgebase
- Troubleshoot with vendor support to resolve technical issues
- Understand all methods of accessing the Firm's systems remotely; effectively troubleshoot user remote access problems, e.g. Citrix, GoToMyPC, VPN
- Configure, test, and troubleshoot BlackBerry smartphones and other mobile devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic telephone equipment problems
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience required
- Ability to present information effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate step-by-step procedures to users in a clear and concise manner
- Basic math skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, iManage, MS Office, document comparison software (i.e. DeltaView), Diaries System, SharePoint, telephone support, BlackBerry, smartphones, tablets and laptops
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work to meet deadlines in high pressure environment
- Provide a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance of MGO’s desktop computing environment
- Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware and peripherals to ensure optimal workstation performance
- Provide support remotely (via phone, email, or instant messenger) or in person with hands-on help and or training at the desktop level
- Provide software support by assisting users with the efficient and effective use of various company applications
- The position provides opportunities to work on special projects and will be asked to assume increasing responsibilities as time goes on
- Performs other duties as directed by IT
- Associates or BS degree (or equivalent experience) in MIS or technology-related field
- Sharepoint administration experience
- Outstanding customer service skills: ability to assist others in person and over the phone
- Intermediate knowledge of the Windows XP Operating System
- Intermediate Microsoft Office experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Troubleshooting and resolving single customer issues with Windows, Mac, and Linux, Microsoft Office, Exchange, VPN, SharePoint, Mobile devices (including BlackBerry), and permissions
- Provide first-contact, remote support for desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals and other computer related devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve system hardware and software problems
- Have previously worked in a Helpdesk environment
- Have experience supporting the following areas –in this order of relevance starting with more relevant
- Respond and resolve tickets and incidents in accordance with company IT policies and procedures as they relate to customer support and updates
- Maintain inventories of all IT assets using the inventory collection process to secure Commonwealth assets
- Manage the upgrade of hardware and software when necessary to insure that all services are provided in a secure and timely fashion. This includes but is not limited to new Anti-Virus, Operating System patches, or other mandated software upgrades as directed by company standards and practices
- Clearly communicate and/or escalate to their supervisor any IT operations issues or disruptions (planned or unplanned) to minimize user impact
- Assist Telecom with movement of IP phones as required
- Work collaboratively with internal and external groups in a team environment to improve overall customer service and support
- Provide / utilize any and all resources available through company and other sources for assistance with problem resolution
- Implementation of IT enterprise images for Desktops /Laptops according to procedures and policy to insure a consistent environment
- Responsible for timely response and support during scheduled and authorized non-business hours to insure continuity of services to the network environment
- Install and move assets as required according to policies and procedures
- Assist / lead with meetings special projects and other requests as required to maximize the efficient use of IT resources
- Complete all activities within security policies and practices to insure the safety and privacy of data, its clients and its resources
- Act as the contact person for office wiring / cable installations and performs related duties as required
- Required to travel to various sites as needed or requested
- Participate in team meetings as required
- Install, configure, and support state issued mobile devices
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network issues and infrastructure as required
- Configure and maintain backup and restore process to include swapping tapes, restoring files, and transfer of media in accordance with policies and procedures
- Participate in the development of the documentation of servers, infrastructure and practices by providing written and/or verbal communications to effectively maintain a resource of standard practices
- Provide consultative IT services to IT management and site teams as needed
- Mentor other IT professionals to insure their professional growth and skill set improvement
- Build and restore severs as required
- Maintain Disaster recovery package for server rooms as required
- Review server event logs on a daily basis to ensure optimal performance and identify potential issues
- Perform all duties as required and directed
- Knowledge of hardware / Microsoft Desktop and Server operating systems through current version
- Experience supporting MS Office Suite / working with Active Directory
- Knowledge of, and experience with the Local Area Networks (physical and logical)
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of computer hardware, Servers, PCs, Laptops, Printers and Peripherals
- Knowledge of IT industry standards
- Can communicate professionally both verbally and written with peers and management
- Ability to understand the laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures, standards and guidelines governing all activities
- Knowledge and experience with basic security measures and requirements
- Valid driver license and access to a vehicle
Wawf Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and two to four years of related work experience
- Must be able to pass NACI to obtain CAC for access the USMC network
- At least one year of experience using or supporting WAWF
IT Help Desk Support Associate Resume Examples & Samples
- High school diploma required; Associate's degree in Computer Science, MIS or similar disciplines strongly preferred
- Minimum 3 years IT Help Desk experience
- Must be able to independently build PC's and manage all site phases of the PC deployment process
- Ability to prioritize requests while simultaneously managing multiple tasks
- Initiative, with high energy and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills, with high focus on details
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Superior customer focus orientation with consistent demonstration of a positive attitude
- Focus on teamwork and personal flexibility
- Familiar with technical terms, concepts, & components of networks & databases
- Prior knowledge and experience with SAP
- Prior knowledge and experience with Office 365
- Past education, experience, or training in relevant computer fields
- Provide technical and procedural assistance via phone, email and chat
- Diagnose and resolve technical software issues related to the Prometheus Analytics
- Application infrastructure stack
- Research issues using available information resources
- Implement issue resolution and/or advise user on appropriate action
- Provide Root Cause Analysis reports
- Escalate problems to tier 2 and tier 3 level support as required
- Track and route problems and requests and document solutions
- Assist senior IT staff as needed
- Working knowledge of Ubuntu and/or Red Hat Linux
- Working knowledge of MySQL or other relational databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic shell scripting or other scripting language
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic SQL queries
- Comfortable with VPN and Remote Access technologies
- Ability to assist others with complex issues in a professional manner
- Learning and initiative skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Install and modify computer hardware, peripherals and software
- Write training manuals and provide on-boarding and conduct user training sessions
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware and software
- Follow up with business users to ensure issue has been resolved
- Following agreed procedures and quality standards, notify users of disruptions to normal service delivery
- Assist the BI Analyst and Network Administrator as needed
Help Desk Support Agent Resume Examples & Samples
- Extensive work experience within own function
- Work is frequently completed without established procedures
- Works independently
- May act as a resource for others
- May coordinate others activities
- Associate's Degree (or higher) OR High School Diploma 3+ years of call center experience
- Ability to gain access to Cerner Community Behavioral Health/CCBH (formerly known as Anasazi)
- 2+ years of Help Desk experience with user applications support OR
- 2+ years experience using mental health computer application (including data entry and report submission)
- 1+ year of Customer Service experience
- 6+ months of experience with providing basic training in group settings
- Experience with computer hardware
- Customer service experience in a call center
- Excellent customer service skills and good oral and written communication skills
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter team player
- Excellent listening skills and ability to take direction
- Represents company to external and/or internal customers, answering product or service-related questions
- Provide IT Support to the Information Technology Division at Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane (NSWC Crane) located in Crane, Indiana
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with customers and other team members
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. Prior to first day of employment must have successfully completed security paperwork and have approved fingerprint cards
- Must be 8570 IAT I certified prior to first day of employment and must provide documented proof of certification
- Previous help desk experience highly desired
Help Desk Support Service Resume Examples & Samples
- Qualified candidate must have a diverse technical support background and the ability to support a wide range of technical issues at a high level
- Minimum qualification is 3 years’ experience in Help Desk operations
- A+, Network+ and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows 7 certifications
- Answer and resolve inbound technical calls at a corporate help desk, efficiently and professionally, in a call center environment
- Proficiently manage the resolution of inbound technical calls; balancing the need for customer service and issue resolution
- Diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity issues including LAN, WAN, and VPN access in a Windows XP / Windows 7 environment
- Using remote control tools to assist customers when needed
- Accurately, quickly, and efficiently record all interactions with customers in an incident management tracking or ticketing software
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Meet or exceed statistical metrics regarding; ticket and call quality, first call resolution, schedule adherence, and call handle time
- Escalate high priority, high impact issues to the internal support teams
- Adhere to a regimented schedule (start/end times, lunches, breaks, off phone time, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but HS Diploma/GED and 1+ years of experience accepted
- 1+ year of experience in a technical call center environment. (preferably in a help desk with experience with resetting passwords and verifying permissions)
- Experience using an incident or call tracking software or customer service software
- Must be authorized to work for any US employer
- Analyze and resolve application and/or technical support issues upon first contact with internal employees by responding to incoming support requests by way of telephone and electronic communication (e.g. e-mail messages, instant messaging, ticketing system, etc.)
- Ability to resolve problems via remote management tools or provide/dispatch deskside support (occasional travel to locations may be required)
- Develop polished and professional learning content suitable for direct distribution to employees such as job aids, quick reference guides, FAQs and multimedia visual aids
- Conduct periodic training sessions such as individual new hire onboarding and on-the-job training
- Obtain/maintain the customer-focused, professional and technical skill sets needed to support the organization's support needs (e.g. application, hardware, network infrastructure, etc.) as well as the implementation of any new initiatives/solutions that the company pursues
- Participate in IT Emergency Pager Rotation
- Primary customer service contact, addressing household concerns, answering questions and ensuring long-term and accurate usage of equipment
- Builds solid, productive panelist relationships through positive communication
- Investigates and resolves proprietary system generated panelist performance issues
- Strong customer service and human relations skills
- Fluent in both Spanish and English languages
- Outbound and inbound call experience
- Problem solving, and performance analysis abilities
- Capable of working evenings and at least one weekend day each week
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- High School Diploma required, College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Viewed as having the experience and enough knowledge to be able to handle unusual and seldom-occurring job events with minimal assistance from others
- Advanced skills in a particular software application or specialty such as electronic mail, or the ability to access and manipulate computer data using SQL and DDA, or client-server environment
- High school education or equivalent and 3+ years technical training
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology issues
- Escalates more involved problems
- Provide timely password resets
- Troubleshoot computer and basic networking issues
- Create new users and assign permissions in Active Directory
- Create email accounts and maintain email distribution groups
- Move and setup computer workstations and all related equipment for staff and new hires
- Maintain complete and accurate computer asset information
- Create and maintain documentation of process and projects
- Assists with downloading and posting of files as needed
- AA in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of Windows XP/Windows 7
- Strong conflict/problem resolution skills
- Provide IT support in accordance with companies standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Perform diagnostics and research that may be required for application installations or removals
- Perform standard Windows 7 operating system tasks that include: Mapping network drives, Printers, File copy functions, Manual installation of software applications
- 6 months+ of customer service experience
- Technical education
- Non-Technical Skills/Personality
Help Desk Support Services Resume Examples & Samples
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto routing, prefetching and other related activities
- Provide primary desktop support for our client support team and radiologists
- Monitor and troubleshoot network, VPN, ISP and system issues, via phone and remote access
- Monitor mission-critical computer systems within the organization
- Monitor the real-time flow of patient data between medical facilities, data center servers and radiologists and respond to issues as they arise
- Responsible for on-call duties when scheduled
- Varied working hours may be required
- Coordinate and conduct end user training sessions as needed
- Create documentation and training materials when needed
- Maintain and produce required reports
- Problem solving management techniques to eliminate problems
- Team coordination, including schedule management for coverage and on-call
- Time management for team for Kronos and payroll issues
- Oversee projects for team assignments so as not to interfere with helpdesk coverage
- Oversee, communication within the helpdesk and to vendors & customers
- Provide status on any or all service impacting activity that effects the helpdesk support to direct manager
- Oversee Training for helpdesk team
- Help develop and use helpdesk reports to manage the helpdesk and continued advancement of the technical skills of the team
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations if applicable, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel with a goal of developing a team oriented approach with positive results. Assist in driving performance management. Comply with all employment laws and support affirmative action/equal opportunity and diversity goals
- Help Desk/Phone support
- Server+ or something similar a nice to have
Help Desk Support, NC Resume Examples & Samples
- Utilize Remedy to properly document and respond to incidents, service requests, updates, patches, configuration changes and maintenance for a wide variety of equipment to include printers, workstations, laptops, servers and network equipment
- Identify and/or troubleshoot problems and interface with external service providers on a wide range of issues to include networks, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Troubleshoot laptop, desktop, peripheral and server hardware problems and coordinate maintenance with vendors as required
- Create and manage Microsoft Active Directory objects to include computers, security groups, distribution groups, and users
- Configure and troubleshoot iOS and Android mobile devices
- Monitor, troubleshoot and repair basic network problems to include the management of internal office cabling
- Test locally approved hardware for compatibility and usability with customer gold images and other baselines
- Support information assurance (IA) staff in creating and maintaining certification and accreditation (C&A) packages
- Install, repair and configure computer equipment and peripherals
- Maintain and update disaster recovery procedures
- Assist in performing configuration and security compliance scans to include remediation of findings
- Answer Service Desk Phones / Chat / Email
- Create and route tickets
- Tier 1 Customer Support and Troubleshooting
- Successful candidates must possess excellent customer care skills including telephone, verbal and written skills
- Beneficial skills include experience with public sector customer care and Cisco Unified Contact Center IPT system
- Must have telephone help desk experience in a call center environment
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience in Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2013/365 (ie Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience in Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010/2013
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience in Windows XP, 7, 8.1 Operating Systems
- Knowledge of Citrix and VPN
- Knowledge of Active Directory and user account changes a plus
- Knowledge of mobile devices (ie Apple, Android, Windows phones and tablets)
- Ticketing system experience is a very strong plus
- Support customers via phone and remotely to assist with service call tracking and dispatch
- Assist billing team with meter reading retrieval from customer where data collection agent cannot be connected
- Log and monitor service calls through our ARC developed web based application
- Place service calls with service vendors for MPS placed equipment
- Keep customers informed of progress and status of calls
- Assist customers with media and supply orders placing orders through our online supply portal as needed
- Good communication skills required
- Answer inbound phone calls from 800 number and direct to the correct department or assist with opening service or supply calls
- Must work well individually and also in a team environment
- Knowledge of large and small format devices preferred
- Must be able to multitask while maintain quality and control
- 1+ year in a copier/printer support role preferred or equivalent experience in customer support role
- Familiar with computers and web browsers
- Great phone etiquette
- Reliable transportation
- 1+ years in a customer service support role with heavy phone support a must with the ability to interact with web based applications through a browser. Help desk or service call workflow would also be preferred. The considered candidate must have excellent customer service and phone skills
- 2 years + technical support experience or certifications
- Basic networking support experience or training
- Previous experience using and supporting Win XP & Win 7
- Must be able to work weekends/evenings on a regular basis
- Some travel to local stores may be required from time to time for training
- Previous experience in a technical help desk environment
- Previous experience troubleshooting wireless components
- Prior experience supporting a retail environment
- Familiarity with ITIL framework best practices
- Provide quality first level support to users via telephone and email with limited direction
- Escalate issues to senior staff and/or other departments as appropriate
- Communicate issues effectively to team as well as other groups
- Document issues according to established processes
- Follow defined departmental policies, processes and procedures
- Meet predetermined schedules and mandated deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple and, sometimes, competing priorities with some guidance
- Process requests for hardware and software
- 3 to 5 years experience serving on a telephone response Help Desk/Service Desk
- Knowledge of Ticket Management Systems (e.g., ServiceNow)
- 3+ years experience with PC hardware/software desktop support
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of education, including certifications and experience. Degree or certifications should be in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related area
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S
- Windows 7, 8, 8.1
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- RSA Administration
- Mobile Devices (Blackberry, iPhone, Android)
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Active Directory & Exchange Account Creation and Maintenance
IT Help Desk Support Engineer Resume Examples & Samples
- Telephone support and/or shift hours mandatory
- Provide timely and professional technical support for all IT incidents received by phone or through the web self-service tool
- Respond to all escalations on a timely manner in line with the Incident Handling Policy
- Provide updates to the customers per the Incident Handling guidelines. Updates include managing updates notifications, Email and Telephone communication
- Diagnose incidents utilizing administration tools or remote control utilities to troubleshoot PC, operating system or system incidents
- Document all troubleshooting and incident management actions via the electronic incident management system in a timely manner
- Perform technical escalations in line with Incident Handling policy
- Ensure incidents are routed to the proper next level/organization as part of the incident management process
- Liaise with other relevant departments e.g. Office IT, Infrastructure, Security, Data Center, etc. to ensure all incidents are managed properly
- Maintain a good degree of technical knowledge of all Orange Business Services IT services and applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the tools, systems, and processes required to provide quality customer support
- To resolve by himself/herself most of the incidents relevant to the scope of expertise
- Undertake any other reasonable task as assigned
Robotics Process Automation Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Receive training on robotic process automation and service desk support tools
- Record/troubleshoot/diagnose incoming tickets using the support portal and tools
- Analyze and resolve, or determine routing of the ticket, based on the defined process, recording each step along the way into the support desk system
- Coordinating with vendors, clients and team members based on ticket routing/escalation
- Obtain and record all pre-requisite information for the ticket before reaching out to any team members, and update the ticket information as the ticket advances to resolution
- Participate in engagement hand off when clients are eligible to receive support, and maintain the database for easily identifying resources assigned to a client
- Attend incoming support calls and create tickets timely, accurately and completely
- Update ticket statuses and comments after each interaction precisely
- Escalate to management at appropriate times
- Manage the knowledge base with latest updates on product releases, organize and maintain articles and FAQ’s
- Analyze tickets periodically to determine relevant FAQ material and generate metrics
- Make recommendations to the management to constantly help improve processes
- Outreach to clients and team members with best practices and other informational updates
- 2+ years’ experience of working on a help/service desk
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication is a must
- Experience using cloud based ticketing portals
- Excellent troubleshooting skills applying logic
- Taking ownership of tickets and driving to quick and effective resolutions
- Articulate, speaks and writes English well
- Self-starter, accustomed to working in a busy and dynamic environment
- Knows how to prioritize requests effectively and efficiently and work with a sense of urgency as determined by the client or management
- Able to work with various systems, platforms, operating systems, languages, tools and technologies
- Projects professionalism, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude
- Works well with others in a team atmosphere
- Knowledge of and skill in supporting: Microsoft Products (Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc)
- Knowledge of and skill in supporting: printers, monitors, keyboards and other computer devices
- Knowledge of office equipment such as: phone system, voice mail, personal computer, calculator, facsimile, and copy machine
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various activities simultaneously (multitasking)
Help Desk Support, Analyst Resume Examples & Samples
- Requires individual to exhibit outstanding and uncompromised customer service at all times
- Serve in a leadership role by assisting other associates with incidents and providing updates to the team on impacting issues
- Ensure that all incidents created/updated/followed up by the team are properly created, escalated, and updated according to defined processes
- Serve as a service desk Subject Matter Expert (SME) resource
- Assist management with staffing, scheduling, and new hire training
- Maintain an expert capability level within ticketing and alerting systems
- Troubleshoot issues by consistently using defined troubleshooting questions and methods
- Multi-task between multiple critical or high severity issues
- Initiate event bridges that result from an outage or critical event. Must be able to correctly determine the impact and urgency of issues and respond appropriately, according to pre-defined process
- ITILv3 Foundation certified
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience
Lead Ci-aco Help Desk Support Coordinator Resume Examples & Samples
- Performs SF training in-services with newly hired MPV CI/ACO Help Desk Support Coordinators in the use of the SF Application
- Performs SF training in-services with newly hired MPV CI/ACO Help Desk Support Coordinators in provisioning end users in Access Dignity Health (ADH) and in the Athena Health Population Health web based application
- Perform SF training and in-services with newly hired Clinical Integration Network (CIN) staff in use of the SF application and the continuous training of existing network staff as needed
- Coordinates/distributes CI/ACO Help Desk Service Requests to MPV CI/ACO Help Desk Support Coordinator team members
- Assists Credentialing/CI-ACO Help Desk Manager in the development of written policies and procedures for CI/ACO help desk functionality and reporting
- Active participant in weekly/monthly conference calls and web ex meetings with the various CI/ACO networks, Dignity Health SF and IT Staff in relation to upcoming CI projects and/or improvement in SF functionality
- Acts as the primary contact for CI/ACO Network staff, MPV and Dignity Health corporate staff, physicians and their medical office staff accessing data from SalesForce.com, CI/ACO Provider websites and the Dashboard reporting tool
- Completes, troubleshoots and resolves CI/ACO Help Desk Service Requests in support of CI/ACO Networks, Dignity Health initiatives and the Salesforce application and/or forward to appropriate CI Network Staff, Dignity Health staff for resolution
- As directed by Credentialing/CI-ACO Help Desk Manager, CI/ACO Network Program staff, Dignity Health SF or Dignity Health IT, directs the CI/ACO Help Desk Support Coordinators to open support tickets with Population Health Management (PHM), for break/fix items related to the Dashboard reporting tool, CI/ACO Websites, Care management and referral solutions and other Dignity Health enterprise CI/ACO applications submitted by end-users
- Communicates with or directs CI/ACO Help Desk Support Coordinators to communicate with end-users regarding status/disposition of all support requests
- Perform Quality Check on all proposed candidates for participation and active participating providers as directed by CI/ACO Network
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with basic technical issues and problems pertaining to district office applications
- Provide first line response for agents requiring assistance with basic questions and issues pertaining to handheld computer
- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with basic questions and issues pertaining to agent web portal
- Diagnose and resolve basic technical hardware and software issues on the platforms for which the helpdesk bear responsibility
- Track issues to resolution, updating the internal knowledgebase and/or communicating information to relevant business units
- Assist in developing ideas and procedures for improving field-based applications and reducing support calls and issues
- Assist in the coordination and control of equipment provided to the district offices and agents
- Quality assurance testing of hardware and software prior to roll out to user base
- High school diploma required. College degree or equivalent IT experience with technical support issues preferred
- 1-3 years experience and one year help desk experience preferred
- Above average verbal communication, documentation, and problem resolution skills
It-help Desk Support Level Resume Examples & Samples
- Functions as the first line of support for the end user
- Assists with problem triage, resolution and/or escalation
- Provides low level monitoring of the system monitoring tools, helping to circumvent a problem from developing
- Takes the lead in personnel and equipment moves/adds/changes and replacement
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussions with users; Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps
- Records the action(s) taken and follow up on deferred actions
- Reallocate problem calls to an alternative relevant support group
- Resolves less complicated problems immediately
- Is aware of and adheres to escalation procedures
- Works with and uses a trouble ticket help desk system
- Has intermediate knowledge of back office applications
- Helps maintain a help desk user self help/self diagnosis and solution system
- Associates degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in an information technology field, with at least 6 months in a customer facing role
- A valid TN Driver's License is required
- Oral and written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and network related technologies
- Use of MS Office Suite of software products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and experience with MS Exchange and Active Directory
- English language skills required
- Flexible hours
- Less than 10% travel is required
- Associates Degree in a relevant field and at least two years of related experience. (HS Diploma - GED / 5 years Associates / 2 years)
- Use of collaboration tools (chat, instant meetings, SMS Remote Desktop, Virtual and Computer-Based Training)
- Candidate MUST have an active Security+ (CE) certification. Security+ (CE) certification expiration date must be provided for all candidates
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming calls, voicemail, e-mail and in-person requests for IT service in a professional courteous manner
- Follows standard help desk operating procedures to accurately log all requests using establishing request tracking software
- Builds rapport and elicits problem details from help desk customers
- Prioritizes problem requests and escalates when required to the appropriately experienced technician
- Notifies IT management of all critical requests and issues
- Learns fundamental operations of commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment
- Provides solutions, advice and/or recommendations in a quick and timely manner
- Provides knowledge transfer of important events during shift change to next Help Desk Support personnel
- Provides continuous monitoring of the Network Operation Center system monitoring screens and react to service degradation indicators
- Provides periodic on-call support as the business requires
- Excellent knowledge of common operating systems and software applications
- Excellent Knowledge of basic computer hardware and end-user desktop environments
- 2-4 years customer service experience preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced high demand environment
- System implementation experience is preferred
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multitask effectively in a high pressure environment
- Ability to provide the coaching and guidance required for junior technicians of the team
- Provide timely, independent production support for PTD's products
- Log new client issues reported via email and phone within Lotus Notes and ServiceNow ticketing systems
- Answer incoming phone calls and escalate to proper teams
- Responsible for daily client communication, service request management and assignment of production issues to corresponding Level 2 support teams
- Ensure that the client is educated on relevant FIS products
- Work within predetermined issue response time frames where applicable
- Work with management to achieve system and corporate goals
- Quick learner and self-motivator
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Strong analytics and problem solving abilities
- Highly organized with the ability to manage a heavy workload in a dynamic environment
- Basic understanding of the exchange traded derivatives and securities industry is helpful, but not required
- Demonstrate a willingness to aggressively pursue industry knowledge
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French is highly desired
Manager, Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Manage multiple medium-sized Support Teams working as per ITIL framework i.e. Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Access Management, Change Management, Problem Management
- Interact with Business Partners/Clients
- Be accountable and responsible for GS team’s deliverables
- Project risk management - identifying, reporting and tracking towards closure
- To take care of all required operational / logistics things on GS and projects side e.g. Internal resource management, VISA processes, Travel arrangements
- Time tracking
- Liaise with other teams and all stakeholders
- To work directly with clients to deliver on business and organizational goals; communicating with broad range of BUs / client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Facilitate kick-offs, strategic planning sessions with BUs, clients and management to determine the scope and objectives
- To prepare and present senior management review presentations
- Publish weekly/monthly dashboards
- Conduct weekly meetings with BU, Clients and Team
- Prepare and maintain project management document from GS process point of view
- Knowledge of CMMI and other quality processes
- Should understand dashboard and metrics (Financial, Capacity, Utilization, Quality)
- Proficiency in MS office tools (Power Point, word and excel etc.)
Help Desk Support Asociate Resume Examples & Samples
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical support/help desk environment. Preferably supporting global clients with excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of OS, Office suite, Outlook, VPN, Wireless, Mobility, Desktop and laptop issues
- Perform Real-Time Monitoring, Investigation, Correlation, Analysis, Reporting and Escalations of Security incidents from multiple log sources - Firewalls, Web servers, IDS, IPS, McAfee ePO & Symantec Web Gateway (SWG)
- Perform imminent malware (Angler EK, Qakbot) attack analysis through IPS, SWG logs and Wireshark tool & take appropriate steps
- Configure policies, rules and also blocking suspected IPs in IDS, IPS and SWG
- Do patch rating for servers/workstations as per Microsoft Security Bulletin released on every Patch Tuesday. And also execute post patch activity for our security/DMZ servers
- Prepare client Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly incidents status reports and share with higher management. Created documents for technical/operational references also
- Sharing security advisories on various threats (DDoS, Trojans, ransomwares) to the management regularly
- Conducting bi-weekly review calls with higher management to discuss about emerging cyber threats and also to track SLA
- Co-ordinated with other security towers and onshore teams for day to day operations
- Trained beginners on processes & best practices for uniform organization throughput
- Strong in technical and analytical skills
- Solid experience in problem analysis and resolution of common software problems
- Must excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success. Should be positive, proactive, and readily embraces change
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Should be capable of working in a 7*24 support environment
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, web based tools internal supported applications
- Advise customers regarding the product's proper use and address specific user issues and requests
- During problem escalations, act as a liaison between customers and Tier 2 supports. Candidate will assist the customer base during various installation processes
- Adequate knowledge of products, system utilities, and operating systems to investigate system issues and provide accurate solutions to them
- Represent CompuCom in a professional manner and communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction by resolving all technical and non-technical issues and concerns
- Provide deskside technical support as well as telephone based support with and without remote-control tools
- Troubleshooting of IT related problems from software to hardware, such Laptops, PCs, and Printers
- Thorough troubleshooting and information gathering prior to escalating issues
- Creating/maintaining user accounts, resetting passwords, creating groups etc
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in-house
- Other duties as assigned by Technology Service department leadership
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Sonicwall Firewalls
- HP iLO and System Insight Manager
- HP ProCurve switches
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2
- Microsoft, VMware, Citrix and Sonicwall certifications would be considered a strong asset
- Provide Level I Help Desk support and resolve problems to the end user's satisfaction
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in, first-out based on priority, as well as priority level set on the ticket itself
- Assist field sales with mobile devices, both hardware and software
- Walk staff through problem-solving process
- Report unresolved issues to the Service Desk escalation
- Experience processing and managing high volume Tier 1 and 2 helpdesks (at least 40,000 tickets annually) related to computer problems, domain account/access, password resets, CAC pin resets, and mapping to shared drives/printers/peripherals
- ITIL Foundational Certification required (must provide certification)
- Security + CE Certification required (must provide certification)
- Level 1 troubleshooting and resolution including, but not limited to, Active Directory, Zero Client (CDP), CHCS, AHLTA, Essentris, and other supported systems
- Coordinates with end-user regarding installation or upgrades for legacy software
- Researches future equipment needs and keeps abreast of any changes in equipment and features provided by those assets
- Produces and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Blackberry, Android and Apple users
- Establish an automated notification for IDS, Firewall alerts, and other system failures to allow monitoring by contractor for after hour services
- Support of client operating systems and devices
- Support conference room technologies (audio visual, communications and collaboration systems)
- Provide training and support for the technologies used across campus to enhance collaboration and communication within Fluke and Fortive
- Five+ years of experience working in a IT support environment
- Conference room technology (Audio Visual, Communication and Collaboration) system support experience
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Microsoft Office tools
- Associate degree in IT or related field
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- The ability to communicate and deliver training and support instructions on technical system
- Light to medium lifting/moving equipment
Tier One Help Desk Support Analyst Resume Examples & Samples
- Excellent Customer Service skills: candidates must be able to empathize with end users to provide exceptional customer service skills
- Remote VPN and User Account: ideal candidates will have a working knowledge of VPN remote access and user account troubleshooting in Active Directory
- Provide exceptional customer service while empathizing and relating to end users technical needs
POS Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Will be Monitoring and triaging issues from inbound/outbound calls with field technician, network operations and vendors. Primary duties will be to support Hand Held Point of sale units and monitor POS systems and respond to escalations as required
- Really focused on strong customer service skills, outgoing, and clear and concise communicator and aptitude to solve problems
- Documents and reviews user problems using tracking software
- Ensures that second through fourth level technical problems are identified, tracked, resolved, and referred to the correct support groups as needed
- Knowledge of help desk support
- Demonstrated ability to take independent initiative
- Solid analytical and multi-tasking skills that result in solid decision-making skills and time management
- Enjoys speaking on the phone
- Ability to manager high volume with high accuracy
- Independently take the initiative to drive change in the organization through influence and leadership
- Associates degree in a business related field
- 3-5 years of IT customer service experience
- Worked within a Windows 7
- Supported mobile devices( iPhone/Android)
- Performing user account creation and modification in Active Directory
- Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools including Apple/Mac, Active Directory, SCCM 2012, and McAfee EPO
- Intermediate hardware and software troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment required
- Qualified candidates must have five years general IT experience. Three years prior specific experience in customer support
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
- Communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, co-workers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated system as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word
- Provide technical support to the user community in solving day-to-day issues and completing support tasks (call logging, troubleshooting / diagnosis, and resolution or escalation for desktop/laptop PCs, Apple computers and devices, phones, mobile devices, AV equipment, conference rooms, wired and wireless networks.)
- Provide End User training on tools and applications pertinent to the studio
- Configure, administer, and troubleshoot multiple systems to include Windows, Macs, Android, iOS
- Build, Image and Deploy Mac systems and Windows systems from scratch
- Assist in on-boarding / departure process of employees. Setup computers, monitors, printers
- Well-versed and comfortable troubleshooting Apple Mac computers and associated peripherals
- Well-versed and comfortable troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Performs basic administration tasks such as user account provisioning/deprovisioning, setup and decommissioning of telephones, printers, peripherals, hardware recovery and recycling
- Identify and troubleshoot basic network problems including switches, routers, Wireless, and Bluetooth
- Assists with Data Recovery, Data Integrity, and Data Backups
Help Desk Support Tech Resume Examples & Samples
- Handle calls and tickets in Remedy to troubleshoot MS Office, Office 365 and network connectivity issues
- Will be responsible for troubleshooting Hardware as well as software issues
- This team will become the experts for office 365 so these two consultants will have the opportunity to train on the products
- Provides Help Desk support that includes: initial problem determination, clear and concise documentation, diagnostics and information capture, resolution (when possible), customer status updates, transfer of service requests to appropriate IT or other workgroups
- Contributes current technical information and best practices to the knowledge base
- Experience with a Service Management tool, such as Service Center or Service Now
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity, including LAN, broadband and VPN, 802.11 wireless and cellular-based internet services
- Experience using and troubleshooting email applications, such as Outlook or Lotus NotesSearch Jobs US
- Dealing with support calls from customers
- Managing incident tickets
- Managing the escalation of incident tickets
- Remote troubleshooting of Omnicell equipment, Windows and Windows Server
- Supporting our field-based Technical Service Engineers
- Scheduling maintenance of systems
- Analysis of department performance
- Testing and repairing faulty equipment returned to base
- Performing quality and safety checks
- Dispatching parts to engineers, and other duties related to supporting our installation teams and customers
- Participation in an on call rota, comprising of out of hours’ telephone triage and out of hours’ field based customer response
- Experience of working in a customer support / helpdesk role
- ITIL Awareness
- Must have 1st and 2nd Line Helpdesk Support Experience
- Excellent organizational skills which would lend themselves to scheduling other staff
- Good general computer skills, particularly in Excel, Windows and Windows Server. Working knowledge of computer hardware and networks is required
- Experience of working in or for NHS or Private Hospitals would be beneficial but not essential
- Educated to a good standard, including Maths and English. Any fundamental IT, Electrical or Engineering qualifications (either academic or professional) would be advantageous. Willingness to learn is essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Box, Outlook) and Experience with Skype/Lync
- Experience working with Windows Operating Systems and basic Network, Wifi Connectivity Issues and Cell Phone and Tablet Support
- Experience providing exceptional customer support to end users over the phone
- Seeking IT professional with an eager, positive attitude and ability to work as a team player
- A 4-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline is required
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the IT field
- Knowledge of computer hardware & software including the clients standard desktop & server operating systems, tools& utilities
- Successful completion of the IT Entry Logic and Problem Solving Test
- Passage of HAIR drug screening test is required
- Strong analytical abilities to quickly resolve technical problems, evaluate alternative approaches and to recommend the most feasible and economical solutions
- Availability to work rotating shifts and holidays and be on-call
- Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Ability to work without close supervision while ensuring that tasks are done effectively and consistently
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to document operations procedures
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse user base
- Troubleshooting and resolving single customer issues with Windows, Mac, and Linux, Microsoft Office, Exchange, VPN, SharePoint, Mobile devices, permissions and ownership of a wide variety of account administration tasks
- Have experience supporting Account lockouts, VPN and networking, dispatching support, Outlook email and calendaring, Windows, laptop/desktop patch update, Linux basic command line use and Mac
- Provide examples of process improvement or waste elimination
- Leadership Principles in their work history and actions
- Strong Customer and communication skills
- Fluent verbal and written communication in English. This includes the ability to explain technical terminology to non-technical end users
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills
- Advanced Linux and/or Mac experience
- Ideally you are educated in Information Technology or related field and hold professional qualifications relating to Microsoft, Linux, and/or Cisco
- Ensure on meeting daily Key Performance Indicators
- Receiving end user calls
- Provide excellent verbal and written customer service for commission based agents being mindful of the financial services producer environment
- Incident resolution and recovery
- Ticket Closure
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, search skills, ability to approach problems logically
- Technology support and/or programming experience highly preferred
- Basic understanding of financial services sales and agent/callers’ perspective as they working in an commission based producer environment
- Customer service aptitude
- Customer service orientation and ability to work in a team
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build rapport
- Strong keyboard and typing skills
- Salesforce Knowledge/Certification preferred
- Bachelors or Associates Degree
- SFDC Certifications
- Bilingual Requirements: Spanish and/or Portuguese
EMS Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Receive incoming calls to EDI department providing accurate and timely support and problem resolution for electronic data interchange (EDI) questions from external and internal customers
- Responsible for providing support to external Trading Partners regarding submission and receipt of electronic batch transactions. Responsible for coordinating all activities involving the electronic testing process within established guidelines, answer questions regarding formats for all supported file specifications and answer questions regarding edits received on electronic response reports
- Responsible for providing technical support of billing software
- Responsible for provider client software support of billing
- Work directly with approximately 400 software vendors and clearinghouses regarding explanation of record specifications, implementation guides and telecommunication issues
- Instruct Trading Partners on new and current EDI telecommunication requirements. Must maintain a working knowledge of all EDI connectivity requirements including Internet file transfer, secure file transfer protocol (SFTP) and real time connectivity protocols. Must display the ability to learn about new connectivity methods and communicate concisely and accurately to Trading Partners
- Identify and investigate potential EDI connectivity problems
- Because of the financial impact to a Trading Partner’s business, periodic conditions arise which require tact and judgement based upon the knowledge of health care transactions and our EDI System. EDI Helpdesk Support Staff must be able to explain realistic problem resolutions to unhappy customers
- Must be capable of spending 85% of the workday on the phone and 75% of the workday on a PC entering data
- High school education or equivalency is required
- Minimum of two years experience in claims processing, membership, customer service or working in a hospital or physicians office is required
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software required (Windows and Microsoft Office applications)
- Knowledge of one of the following is required: health plan claim system, health plan membership system, provider billing system or provider Electronic health record (EHR)
- Knowledge of BluePrints (FootPrints) or other service desk or customer management systems is preferred
- Must be able to learn and use time sheet system and OnDemand
- Knowledge of American National Standard Institute (ANSI) X12 formats and implementation guides or clinical data standards is preferred
- Excellent communication skills are required to interview Trading Partner’s (including all levels of Medical Office personnel, outside software vendors, Clearinghouses, employer groups and internal and external programming staff) in EDI problem determination of software (BCBSKS/ASK free billing software, practice management system software interface or communication software) and network connectivity problems and issues support
- Must be professional and work well with all customers, both internal and external in explaining problem resolution
- Must have the ability to learn and understand complex record layouts and implementation guides specifications including both the business and technical rules
- Must be able to instruct all Trading Partners as to the use of the record layouts and implementation guides. This includes both the business and technical uses
- A minimum of 5 years of technical support experience is required
- Systems Administration background preferred
- Strong knowledge of Office applications, Exchange email, Blackberry, VPN, SharePoint, Active Directory, LDAP, printing and Client operating systems including Windows 7 and 10, Macintosh OS 10.x, Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux
- Validated ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks in a common scripting or programming language such as Perl, PowerShell, and/or VBScript
- Experience packaging software with SMS or SCCM
- Flexibility, thinking on your feet, and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated skill and real passion for operational excellence
- Experience in a Systems Administration or Engineering role
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or related field
- Must have the ability to abide by all of Carters policies and procedures; specifically the attendance policy
- Must know, understand and follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Retail Experience and or IT experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Windows XP or WEPOS
- Experience with Epicor Retail Suite is a plus
- Proficient Typing Skills
- Microsoft Windows, A+ or Cisco Certifications are a plus
- Must have a sense of urgency
- High school diploma or a GED required
- Minimum 6 months of customer service experienceAbility to work in a highly structured environment
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, long periods working at a computer
Help Desk Support, Temporary Resume Examples & Samples
- Provide primary end-user support by responding to and addressing all Helpdesk support calls
- Resolve hardware and software problems of end-users from moderate to difficult scope and coordinate the resolutions of complex issues
- Create and configure new user accounts and configure and deploy computer hardware to end users in the CEBs
- Install and/or upgrade corporate software on company computers
- Maintain the operation of the existing Citrix equipment used to support remote sales personnel
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by IT management
- Assist in the management and use of the Video Conferencing systems and Web based collaborating systems such as Webex and Go-to-Meeting
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of PC based systems (Desktops and Laptops), mobile devices (Android, Apple) and associated wireless, printer and other PC connected technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7/8, Microsoft Office 2007/2010 and Microsoft Exchange
- Strong understanding of IT Infrastructure including networking and file sharing
- Strong customer service skills, responsiveness and the strong desire to learn
- Good communication skills required for customer interaction, problem description and problem solving
- Strong work ethic and professional attitude
- Ability to work in a break-fix environment and be able to prioritize and juggle multiple demands and deadlines
IT / Help Desk Support Intern Resume Examples & Samples
- Collect, document and manage help desk tickets
- Assist with deployment and management of endpoint software
- Contribute to troubleshooting efforts for computer hardware and software support incidents
- Set up and configure equipment for new hires
- Help to fulfill service requests ranging from staff moves to software installation
- Assist with asset management and inventory
- Office applications
- Data collection and analytical acumen
- Effective organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent, and six months of related experience
- 1+ years of experience triaging calls, researching moderately complex problems and questions, responding with answers and interventions, providing on site assistance, tracking calls
- 1+ years of experience serving in help desk capacity providing phone and in-person support to users in the areas of software, peripherals, etc., problems; and serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting and resolving these problems
- 1+ years of experience interacting with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem
- Software knowledge/experience with Active Directory, remote desktop, VPN, SecurID, Internet Explorer, Adobe
- Desired knowledge in Citrix, Skype for business, Smart Card/CAT card support
Help Desk Support Coordinator Resume Examples & Samples
- Monitors help desk calls and responds appropriately to user requests and problems identified through review. Assists in coordinating the schedules of help desk personnel to ensure proper coverage. Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware, software, network, system/application access, and telecommunications systems
- Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts management to recurring problems and patterns of problems
- Must be US Citizen
- Ability to provide creative solutions to customers to address feature gaps, to display original thinking, and to develop innovative approaches and ideas
- Ability to express technical problems and solutions that the average end user can understand
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in general and evoking an attitude of service toward the customer
- Strong verbal, written and effective communication skills
- Strong background in SaaS deployment and support required
- Background in Healthcare IT processes preferred
- Knowledgeable in phone, email or chat support
- Monitor service even through completion
- Experience in phone based remote role
- Familiar with computer technology
- Time management skills
- Knowledgeable in call routing and case management processes as well as case logging systems
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year supporting customers in a moderately complex helpdesk environment
- Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary
- Answer incoming calls from technicians
- Resolve issues following customer provided procedures
- Document issue resolution in customer provided ticketing system
- Expedite issues unable to be fixed at help desk
- Serve as backup to Depot services
- Test and configure equipment to be deployed to end users
- If interested, please send resumes to [email protected]**EEO Employer
- DoD 8570.1 Compliance and Security+ Certification
- Require a High School diploma with 6 to 8 years of Help Desk Support experience, with a technical associate degree + 2 years of Help Desk Support experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013, Win 8 -10 OS
- Exchange, VPN, Webex, Symantec Antivirus, Active Directory
- Working knowledge of iPhones and iPads
- Working knowledge of networked and stand-along printers
- Working knowledge of video teleconferencing
- Experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing PC hardware and software
- A good working knowledge of PC hardware, software, mobile computing devices, peripheral equipment, and networking principles and functions
- Solid technical troubleshooting skills and a working knowledge of current technologies
- A+ certification is required
- Desk side experience
- Desktop experience with both hardware and software
- Mobile device experience
- Provide remote support and resolve issues for users whom may be at remote offices or home office users
- Provide written updates for problem resolution in ticketing system, knowledge bases, troubleshooting manual(s) and procedures, or on-line documentation repository
- Identify areas deserving attention in the technical support environment, and consult with management
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university required, equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least two (2) years of relevant Help Desk experience required
- Knowledge of and the ability to monitor logs and scheduled events, as well as report on problems and anomalies
- IT Help Desk support experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project)
- Government experience preferred
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, timely, and customer service-oriented
- Excellent attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Responsible for providing first level support for all end-users
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and voice/data communication systems issues
- Escalate calls when appropriate. Write concise, informative tickets
- Follow up on all tickets in a timely manner and follow through to resolution
- Experience using ticketing systems, writing technical support documentation and computer proficiency with hardware and software technologies are required
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure are required. Be willing to work flexible hours when appropriate
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are a must. 3-5 years prior customer service, call center or help desk experience is required
- Support from 8:00am ET to 5:00pm ET weekdays
- Incident support of customer designated standard and non-standard coreload software
- Configure and deploy desktops and laptops
- Service Request support for installs, moves, adds and changes (IMACs)
- Support of laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones telephony devices, printers, conference room equipment, infrastructure computing, Cisco Telepresence
- Daily multifunction printer check and conference room checks
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience supporting PC hardware and software. Must have a strong working knowledge of Windows 7
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have the drive to dig into issues and suggest resolutions for repeat issues for implementation
- Internet Explorer /Chrome/Firefox
- Printer support and maintenance
- Windows 7 Core Image support
- Documentation creation and updating
- Associate Training
- Escalation point for Help Desk
- Walkup support rotation
- Escalate calls when appropriate
- Write concise, informative tickets
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure are required
- Be willing to work flexible hours when appropriate
Help Desk Support, Associate Resume Examples & Samples
- Provide technical support within Service Desk Team to internal users
- Support other cross functional Teams within IT when required
- Determines and resolves incidents and fulfil service requests, over the phone or remotely, related with our technology platform
- Support User Access Management (Active Directory, outlook, corporate applications)
- Troubleshoots and resolves PC hardware, software, terminal services, Windows operating system, Microsoft Office, VPN software, and printer equipment issues
- Uses ticket system tool to manage assigned Incidents and Service Requests, prioritize work effort, and track progress against deadlines/milestones/service levels
- Participates in the Team's 24x7 coverage model
- 1 year Knowledge installing, configuring, and supporting Windows operating system
- 1 year Knowledge building and configuring desktop and/or laptops in a Windows environment
- 1 year Knowledge of basic networking concepts. CCNA
- Basic administration knowledge of following technologies is a plus
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Associate’s degree in IT or similar field and 2+ yrs of related experience managing/supervising IT support staff; Additional 2 yrs experience managing/supervising IT staff may be substituted for Associate’s
- Recent experience within last 12 months supervising employees in a phone support environment, familiar with service desk industry standards and SLA measurements
- ITIL Foundations certification or ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
- Strong people/leadership/coaching skills
- Experience with full employee life cycle
- Proven experience providing technical support in a corporate environment
- Familiarity with Government IT environment and administrative processes
- Technical certifications such as A+, N+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA
- Strong PC, application and network troubleshooting skills
- Proven verbal and written communications skills supporting end users in a call center environment and using remote support tools when required
- Top tier customer service skills and a commitment to the quality of the customer’s experience
- Hands on experience with Windows XP/W7, Active Directory and Microsoft Office
- Minimum 2 years prior Help Desk or Desktop support experience
- Experience with end user desktop support in a multi-building, corporate campus environment
- Posses a high level of independent judgment within established procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS, MIS or a related field
- Windows 7 and Office 2007/10 experience
- Third party software familiarity, install and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VLAN’s
- Familiarity with network cable and ability to make and crimp network cables
- Ability to use Fluke for network testing
Level, Help Desk Support Associate Resume Examples & Samples
- Experience with Active Directory and O365
- 2-3 years' experience in hardware and software support wit hte ability to perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Strong customer service skills and capable of providing phone and deskside Level 2 support
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Team player who is willing to provide support to a variety of tasks and to support unplanned high priority customer activities
- All candidates need to be able to work 1st/2nd/3rd shift hours and occasional weekends
- Need to be able to keep a log of all calls and be able to interpret instructions/scripts
- Need to be able to assess when something isn’t going the way it should, and have confidence to raise hand when help is needed
- Communication skills need to be *very strong* as well as written communication. No exceptions
- Must work well in fast paced, stressful environments
- All will work onsite at the client office in Bentonville, AR
- Experience with WAN/LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security and
- Experience with remote management and monitoring /service desk support of end users
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsofts core business applications and operating systems
- May require an associate's degree in a related area and entry level to 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Associate’ degree and three years’ experience in a comparable position
- Or a relevant combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and applications
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices, procedures, protocols and implementation of electronic mail, networking, and the Internet
- Experience providing technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues including troubleshooting as well as determining appropriate technical solutions for users related to computer systems, software and hardware
- Knowledge of installing, modifying and repairing computer hardware and software
- Experience performing email administration – working with system administrators to resolve problems, resolve user requests for assistance, administer mailing lists and educate on email best practices
- Prepare training materials, provide live training and desk side assistance
- Participate in the selection, training and supervision for the Help Desk student staff to maintain a proficient computer consulting service for the students, faculty and staff
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires a professional approach to providing high quality services
- Requires high degree of confidentiality
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
- Knowledge of Linux and MacOS operating system and applications
- Knowledge of hand-held devices (Android, IOS, W8) and interaction with traditional IT services
- Experience with Help Desk trouble ticket systems
- MS Office, Windows XP, and Windows 7
- Remote access support tools, anti-virus software
- ITIL concepts and best practices, COTS software support
- VPN, and Knowledgebase tools
- Previous experience in a call center environment and experience in desktop and networking support
- IT concepts, help desk software is preferred
Level Help Desk Support Technician Resume Examples & Samples
- Excellent communication Skills both verbally and written
- Experience supporting eBiz and Marketing resources from a help desk
- AMCT Certification or similar preferred
Level, Help Desk Support Technician Resume Examples & Samples
- Experienced with Microsoft Office support in a professional environment. (Office 2010/2013 experience required)
- Experienced with Windows 7/10 support in a professional environment
- MAC certified or several years of MAC experience
- Has a solid understanding of Network infrastructure
- Experience with ticket management, ticketing queue software
- Organized, very thorough, and methodical in their approach to problem resolution
- Tenacious and willing to contact anyone at any level for a resolution
- Preferably Casper certified
- A+ or HP Certifications a plus
- Provide phone, email and in person support for 1000+ users in a multi-site environment
- Create, manage and modify systems for new hires and staff changes
- Knowledge of providing support to users within a Virtual Desktop Environment (VDI) on VMware
- Respond to calls/emails and independently identify and resolve problems
- Identify the nature of user problems, any loss of service, their impact to the user and the userÕs needs for a resolution
- Provide detailed technical support on a timely basis to non-technical users
- 2+ years of experience in a helpdesk environment with a ticketing system and SLA's in place
- MCSA is highly desired
- Demonstrate an understanding of VMware and virtualized environments
- Must have mortgage industry background
- Must have experience with Mortgage company applications such as Calyx Point and Delmar product suite
- Strong in Microsoft suite of product; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Ability to work in a fast paced fluid environment
- High level of integrity and confidentiality required
- The Desktop Support Technician provides desk side support to a user community of approximately 2,200 on-site at a federal government facility in downtown Washington DC
- The Technician will use their knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 10 OS and Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2016 and O365, and Microsoft Active Directory to resolve and respond to customer questions and requests
- The most qualified candidates will be able to excel in these areas while working in a structured environment where service level agreement (SLA) performance and other best practice measurements are established as both team and individual goals
- Troubleshoot desktop and remote connectivity issues
- Configuration of Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop settings
- Assist with and troubleshoot client side network printing in Microsoft AD environment
- Software Installs and troubleshooting
- Respond to all support calls in a time and priority appropriate manner
- Maintain a positive and supportive attitude when communicating with requestors
- Coordinate with other help desk staff to ensure that in-office support is available during the store hours of operation. (including opening and closing procedures)
- Maintain a contact list of all systems staff that may be able to assist in resolving issues, including pager numbers, home phone numbers and mobile phone numbers
- Install User Documentation in the Documentation Viewer written by yourself and others
- Maintain and work a list of projects, when there are no support requests pending
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or Information Technology preferred or equivalent experience. Customer service experience in an IT environment, including the ability to communicate effectively with users at all technical levels. Must have ability to troubleshoot issues. Must have knowledge of windows operating environment. Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems
- Provide onsite hands on technical support and insightful advice to customers
- Focus on providing customers with best in class support experiences
- Acknowledge and address all customer queries, requirements and needs with patience and empathy
- Provide guidance and training to customers on current technology and IT policies
- Educate customers on new technology and processes to enhance technology adaption
- Promote self-help through the self-service portals
- Manage customer expectations to enhance the overall IT support experience
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and support,
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus in high pressure situations
- Ability to work independently, while engaging and supporting the overall team
- Minimum 3 + years of experience in customer service/support, client services or technical support role
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited College or University with a concentration in IT, Computer Science or related disciplines
Help Desk Support Team Lead Resume Examples & Samples
- Active leadership role supporting the day-to-day activities of the service desk
- Ensure calls and tickets are answered within appropriate customer service standards
- Use knowledge bases to diagnose and solve problems or properly escalate
- Use strong technical knowledge and experience in the areas of problem determination, creative solutions, and analysis
- Identify opportunity for and implement process improvements
- Responsible for proper escalation, performing root cause analysis, and resolving high level problems
- Responsible for Team communications and updates
- 1 year of experiencing working as a help desk agent
- High level of excel knowledge including pivot tables and advance reporting techniques
- 1 year knowledge/use of telephony systems
- 1 year knowledge/use of Service Desk ticketing solutions
- Extremely good time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Excellent grammar and English communication skills
- ITIL v3 Certification
- Visual Basic knowledge a plus
- As a VIP Technician, you will be the front line of CompuCom and interface with VIP customers onsite at their location and provide each user with white glove service for all IT related questions
- Troubleshooting their issue
- Resolving it or ensuring that the correct process is followed for resolution
- Customer advocate and coordination point for all customer issues and requests
- On-call and after hours support as needed. Skills need to succeed
- Advanced knowledge of installation and operation of relevant software, hardware, and other equipment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience and training
- Microsoft MCP Certified a plus
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
- Strong communication skills, Positive Attitude, Learning skills, Problem solving, Adaptability, Planning and organizing skills, Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance Additional skills required
- Videoconferencing (Telepresence Technology)
- TP/Conference Rooms (Technology Health check, Audio Video, Touch Panels)
- Room Scheduling System (Steelcase Room Wizards)
- Voice-Telecom (Avaya, ClearOne)
- Presentation TV's
Finpac Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- 2) Recommend, test, plan, and schedule system software upgrades and security releases on all workstations and servers
- 4) Demonstrates compliance in assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities. Takes personal initiative following all policies and procedures, Bank Secrecy Act, compliance regulations, and completes all required and job-specific training. Raises and/or addresses compliance issues for evaluation, investigation and resolution
- 5) Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation
- 6) Products/Software
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year of help desk support experience
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering, equivalent certification or military experience
- Mac integrated basics certificate or 1 + year of equivalent Mac support experience
- 1+ year of experience working with Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating systems and 1+ year of experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating systems
- Analyze each request to verify it contains all the required information to effectively work the request
- The HDSR works on-call rotations to assist our Secure File Transmissions clients
- Requires a high degree of mental dexterity so the HDSR can seamlessly multi-task between the products and clients
- *The final shift will be 11AM-8PM Monday – Friday. There is a rotational on-call duty that is required along with regular hours worked and occurs in 4 week intervals. On-call times are 8PM-10PM Monday – Friday, 12PM-6PM weekends and on holidays. The volume is low.***
- Work on Service Desk Tickets that come in via phone or email
- Troubleshooting, analysis and problem solving
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- User Administration
- Coordination to Service Providers, i.e. Repair and Service of End Devices
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- The instruction of users on all things IT
- Team player, independent work is expected
- Service oriented mindset and approach to work
- Apprenticeship, certification, or associate degree in IT related field or similar experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Adobe products, client operating systems (Windows 7) and AD (Active Directory) with a desire to improve your knowledge to expert level
- Min. 3+ years of related IT Service Desk or operations experience
- Excellent knowledge in Help Desk Services and User Documentation
- Good communication skills, including creation of user documentation and technical documentation
- Fluent communication in English
- Coordination and Organization skills
- Team player with a focus on service orientation
- Proficient reading skills
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly (Based on in house documentation)
- Technical Diploma preferred
- Ability to work in a competitive performance driven environment
- Ability to handle repetitiveness of calls from customers
- Holiday schedule to be decided by Management
- Comply with blackout periods as determined by Management
- There will be shift work involved
- Provide troubleshooting support via the Helpdesk hotline
- Remote desktop support – needs to be familiar with remote control software to work on workstations not local
- Active directory – Needs to be able to create new user accounts and ensure they get the correct permissionsccess
- In-depth knowledge and experience with troubleshooting and repair of workstations, printers, and other client
- Hardware; Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (7, 10), Microsoft Office Suite (2010, 2013) and MAC OS X
- 2 – 4 years of previous Helpdesk support experience with ticketing systems
- Basic Network Troubleshooting
Help Desk Support Tier Resume Examples & Samples
- A selfless heart
- A tireless resolve
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IS Helpdesk
- Collect appropriate and accurate information
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support
- Provide technical assistance and support to Concentra colleagues for issues related to computer systems, corporate and clinical applications, and desktop hardware
- Respond to email, chat, and web messages from colleagues seeking help
- Walk colleagues through problem solving processes
- Log all information and interactions through corporate ticketing system
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of Helpdesk procedures, products, and services
- Proven working experience in Helpdesk/Call Center support or 2+ years of experience working in operational support role
- Able to work with minimal direction
- Ability to think outside the box
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software
- Willingness to work any shift in a 24x7x365 environment, including weekends and holidays
- 3+ years of experience in computer hardware/software support
- Familiarity with government IT environment and administrative processes
- Strong working knowledge of Windows 7, IE 8 and higher, Google applications, VPN software, VDI, and other commonly used commercial products
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- A+ Certification is required
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Great communication/people skills
IT Help Desk Support Emeai Resume Examples & Samples
- He/She provides specialized technical support to an area of Information Systems services related to hardware, infrastructure, software, databases, networks or servers in order to ensure effective and efficient availability, deployment and maintenance of all Information Systems assets
- The IT Help Desk Support identifies, researches, analyzes and resolves information systems problems
- He/She records and documents hardware/software problems, system crashes, actions and solutions on the technical database in the problem management system in order to facilitate the monitoring of trends, recurring issues and service delivery
- In addition, he/she supports Division cell phone accounts including configuration and issue resolution
- The incumbent provides second level support by troubleshooting and repairing hardware (computers, and equipment), infrastructure (networks) or software (web-based applications, databases, word processing programs) and implementing corrective action to ensure timely resolution of user’s Information Systems issues
- He/She provides specialized advice to users on the optimal use of computer equipment and software to increase effective and efficient use by clients
- The incumbent installs PC and software, hardware and cabling, including non-standard configurations, providing connectivity where necessary
- Moreover, he/she orders and receives inventory items and forms required for processes such as computer setup, disposal of office equipment, etc
- The IT Help Desk Support responds to service desk calls and emails within a timely manner and provides status updates on open tickets
- He/She escalates more complex issues appropriately
- The incumbent provides feedback on commonly encountered problems and misunderstandings to enhance user documentation and/or training programs
- He/She displays excellent customer service skills, as well as in-depth knowledge of information systems and technology
- Qualified IT Specialist (vocational training) with several years of relevant experience in a similar type of position with progressive levels of responsibility
- Solid knowledge of computer systems
- Experience with network operation systems, LAN/WAN Protocols and PC/Server platforms
- Implementation and support experience including: Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft Office Products, Linux, Symantec, Solar, Winds, VMware, SAP, SQL Database
- Above average customer service, communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in team oriented, collaborative environment
- Hands-on hardware and software trouble shooting experience
- Analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and directed
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products
- Fluency in speaking & writing in English, German
IS Help Desk Support Technician, a Resume Examples & Samples
- Provides tier 1 Service Center phone support assisting with clinical and technical questions and issues for PHC work force members
- Knowledge of basic principles and methods of information processing, operating systems, system utilities and technical methodologies used in desktop applications support
- Good listening, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess the needs of customers for IS-related requirements and get problems resolved
- Ability to work independently and stay focused and friendly under pressure
- Excellent communication, facilitation, project management, organizational and time management skills
Entry Level Help Desk Support Resume Examples & Samples
- Assist customers with inquiries (phone and email), such as applying course credits, providing log in credentials, course assignments/changes, and “how to’s”
- Generate attendance reports in OmNovia, Outlook and the BOU system
- Add dealership profiles to the system and assign curriculum to students
- Create usernames and assign curriculum for BD College attendeees
- Assist Consultants (Executive Coaches and Process Coaches) – address inquiries and system error messages. Activate student profiles and ensure proper courses are assigned
- Upload new courses
- Create and maintain course calendars; convert to .pdf; publish to clients
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports via MS Excel spreadsheet
- Create Outlook calendar invites for each course facilitator
- Send course reminders to students
- Update Workbooks with new course information
- Create and edit information in Sales Force
- Good communication skills-ability to interface with clients over the phone
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot level 1 technical issues
- MS Office proficient
- Ability to multitask and manage distractions and interruptions daily
- Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service
- High School diploma or some college
- Customer support background
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills
- Effective in a high-paced work environment, requiring multi-tasking to meeting multiple deadlines
- Provide first-level problem resolution for information systems services, including problem definition, research and resolution of complex situations
- Provide employees and clients with support and instruction via e-mail, telephone, remotely and on-site for various software and hardware issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC related problems involving Microsoft software and numerous 3rd party software applications in a distributed environment; (Windows XP,7,8,10 and MAC OS X 10.7-10.11.3)
- Track and log all Help Desk calls
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7&10 Operating Systems, proficiency with Windows 8 and Macintosh OS required
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange admin center, Microsoft Office 2010 -16, especially Excel; Office 365 CRM, along with Webmail, Citrix, RDP, Multifactor Identification and F5 environment an asset
- Diploma in Technology and/or MCSE certification an asset; CompTIA A+ Certified or proven equivalent experience
- Quote services - Thomson ONE / Market Q / Capital IQ / FactSet experience required
- Experience with the following applications is also considered an asset
Information Systems Help Desk Support Analyst Resume Examples & Samples
- Associates degree from an accredited institution preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related computer field with major courses in computer and computer operating systems
- 2+ years of experience providing technical support and troubleshooting
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to support network and systems hardware and software with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work under time constraints
- Ability to manage diverse personalities with superior customer service skills
- Support Migration from Office Exchange to Office 365
- Ability to explain technical concepts and details to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong phone, communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required
- Chosen candidate will utilize SalesForce CRM tool and be required to take detailed and concise notes on customer interactions
- The candidate selected for this role will need to have demonstrated initiative, creativity, exemplary customer service, excellent presentation skills and be able to adapt to change
- The Adoption & Retention Specialist will also take Tier 1 Support calls and triage them for answers or escalate via ticketing system to second tier support resources
- Proficiency or knowledge of the following products or the software for business industry a plus: Microsoft Office 365 or other Microsoft productivity platforms
- Sales experience not required but beneficial. Customer support experience a plus, especially in the software industry
- Knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 operating systems
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite and how to maneuver through each of the applications within
- Any understanding of ticketing and documentation would be nice to have, or at least proven ability to document outside of a ticketing system
- Experience within Active Directory
- Experience Supporting Mac Hardware/ Software
- Demonstrates an overall understanding of operations in order to interact with customers regarding various inquiries (technical and non-technical)
- Independently recognizes and diffuses escalated customer situations while setting accurate expectations for issue resolution
- Communicates with customers in a professional manner in all situations while demonstrating courtesy, patience and troubleshooting skills in customer relations
- Verifies network outages and escalates to appropriate fix agents to ensure timely resolution (Tier 2, field operations, etc.) with a primary emphasis on a quality first call resolution
- Processes change of service requests
- Accurately documents problems including detection information, diagnostic results and repair information by utilizing the trouble ticketing system
- Uses multiple software systems and applications to ensure customer service orders and repair tickets are completed accurately and on-time
- Manages the overall customer call queue to ensure timely response to incoming customer calls
- Opens tickets and records/maintains necessary documentation to track ticket through resolution
Appl Help Desk / Support Spec Resume Examples & Samples
- Serve as the technical lead for LINCS application support. Analyze and resolve systems issues with users and provide guidance and instruction on system functionality. Lead in the implementation of solutions that involve multiple users/functions
- Address system support issues including integrations between LINCS and other institutional applications by interactions with managers, IT developers and system end-users. Serve as an advisor on institutional committees as the LINCS representative
- Evaluate and prioritize requests for system enhancements or changes and make recommendations on implementation. Participate and/or lead in the customer requirements definition, design and user acceptance testing of system changes and enhancements and facilitate customer feedback sessions
- Assist auditors, managers, resource analysts and others requesting data from LINCS with defining complex ad-hoc report requests
- Disseminate information to end users regarding systems downtime, issues and enhancements through written and verbal communications including presentations to large forums
- Deliver formal and informal training to various user groups and one-on-one. Maintain and update LINCS user guides and manuals
- Oversee the design and information use and reporting, monitor and track systems support metrics (problem resolutions and enhancement requests) using the JIRA system
- Administer and maintain LINCS user roles, data tables, report administration, and other system administration functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant business field, or equivalent combination of technical training and education
- Significant experience providing systems support with advanced analytical skills to troubleshoot and resolve user issues. Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems using independent judgement and creative solutions. Experience with systems support issue tracking software
- Significant experience with supply chain management systems and working knowledge of procurement practices. Extensive knowledge of multiple end-user business environments
- Experience maintaining and manipulating database systems, monitoring database integrity and implementing quality assurance procedures. Experience developing test cases for user acceptance and performing software testing to debug and suggest detailed refinements to ensure quality
- Experience researching new tools, technologies and methodologies to formulate and prepare recommendations to management. Experience with data analysis, defining report requirements and providing statistical data and reports to high-level management
- Experience designing, implementing, overseeing and managing end-user training programs and documentation
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of Laboratory personnel. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Strong ability to pay attention to detail, accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrated organizational skills with experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment under time constraints with changing priorities. Ability to use discretion and tact in handling sensitive business information
- Experience with LINCS, ShipIt, UCM, JIRA, and LLNS’ purchasing system policies, procedures and applicable requirements
- In-depth knowledge of LINCS data and advanced analytical skills to accurately define and capture ad hoc report requests
- Knowledge of both business and system processes between LINCS and Finance
Related Job Titles
Help desk resume summary examples.
Approved by hiring managers, here are proven resume summary examples you can use on your Help Desk resume. Learn what real hiring managers want to see on your resume, and when to use which.
- Entry-Level Help Desk
- IT Help Desk Coordinator
- IT Service Desk Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Network Support Specialist
- Senior Help Desk Analyst
- Technical Support Analyst
- Help Desk resume templates
- Similar summary examples
Help Desk Resume Summary Example
The mention of being a 'Help Desk professional' gives a clear hint to recruiters about your job-specific expertise. It's important to use industry-specific job titles to ensure your resume makes it past ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems), which are programmed to look for specific keywords.
Highlighting specific accomplishments
When you mention that you 'implemented a new ticketing system', it says much more than just telling you're skilled. It showcases your proactive nature and your ability to bring about positive changes in your work environment. Not to mention, it's a great way to quantify your impact.
Showcasing managerial abilities
By stating you have experience 'training and managing a team', you demonstrate to employers that you possess leadership skills. This is especially important for roles that require supervising or mentoring others.
Stressing on performance metrics
Mentioning how you've 'reduced issue resolution time by 25%' gives recruiters a tangible example of how you can improve processes. Quantifying your achievements like this helps employers understand the potential value you can add to their organization.
Displaying knowledge of software
When you mention experience in 'supporting enterprise-level software applications', it suggests a familiarity with complex systems. This indicates to recruiters that you can handle challenging IT environments and troubleshoot a variety of issues.
Entry-Level Help Desk Resume Summary Example
Capitalizing on education.
As an 'Entry-Level Help Desk' professional, highlighting your educational background in IT is a smart move. This instantly communicates to employers that you have a solid foundation of IT knowledge, despite being entry-level.
Showcasing early achievements
'Developed a user-friendly FAQ section', this is a great way to demonstrate your initiative and problem-solving skills, even if it was during an internship. Employers value candidates who can show tangible results, regardless of the setting.
Leveraging your involvement
Mentioning that you 'assisted in a major system migration project' underlines your ability to participate in large-scale initiatives. Even if you were assisting, it still shows that you're capable of handling major projects.
'Quickly learn new software systems' - This shows that you're adaptable and willing to expand your knowledge base. These are highly valued traits in the ever-evolving tech industry.
Experience in 'multiple industries including finance and healthcare' demonstrates your ability to adapt to different work environments and understand the unique IT needs of various sectors.
IT Help Desk Coordinator Resume Summary Example
Define yourself and your strengths.
Starting your summary with your job title and a key strength, 'juggling multiple tasks and deadlines,' sets the tone. It tells recruiters what you do and what you're specifically good at.
Demonstrate your problem-solving abilities
By explaining how you 'implemented a new shift scheduling system,' you demonstrate your problem-solving abilities. Including the direct result of your actions, in this case, 'improved 24/7 coverage by 100%,' further solidifies your claim.
Exhibit your coordination skills
Coordinating support for multiple office locations is no easy task. By highlighting this, you show your ability to manage complex operations and cater to diverse needs, indicating adaptability and effective coordination skills.
Showcase your leadership skills
Managing a team of technicians requires leadership and people management skills. Mentioning this conveys that you're not only good at technical work but also at managing people, which is a valuable combination.
Highlight relevant industry exposure
Experience in fast-paced tech startups sends a clear message - you're adaptable, can handle pressure, and are comfortable in a dynamic environment. It's a great way to demonstrate your fit for similar future roles.
IT Service Desk Manager Resume Summary Example
Leadership in it service.
Being an 'IT Service Desk Manager' with a record of transforming underperforming teams showcases your leadership skills and problem-solving abilities. It conveys that you can take charge and bring about positive changes.
'Introduced a new training program' demonstrates your commitment to improving team performance. Training is often overlooked, but it's an excellent way to increase productivity and enhance team skills.
Global team management
'Managed a global team of 20+ service desk analysts' shows that you can handle large teams spread across different locations. This requires excellent communication and coordination skills, making it a key selling point to recruiters.
'Reduced IT expenditure by 15%' shows that you're not only technically proficient but also mindful of the business side of IT. This ability to balance technical needs with budget constraints is a valuable trait.
Broad software environment experience
'Experience in both SaaS and traditional IT environments' shows that you're adaptable and have a wide range of skills. It suggests that you can handle IT service management in diverse technology landscapes, making you a versatile candidate.
IT Support Specialist Resume Summary Example
As an 'IT Support Specialist', it's crucial to highlight your technical abilities upfront. It implies a broad set of skills, from troubleshooting hardware and software issues to network administration.
'Implemented a proactive maintenance schedule' shows that you not only solve problems after they arise but also work to prevent them. This approach can save companies significant resources in the long run, making it a desirable trait.
'Coordinated with vendors' is an important detail for companies that rely heavily on external suppliers. It suggests you're capable of maintaining beneficial relationships with vendors while ensuring timely updates and services.
'Managed IT infrastructure for 200+ workstations' shows that you're capable of overseeing large-scale operations. This paints you as a candidate with experience in handling significant responsibilities.
Being known for 'efficiently managing high-pressure situations' is a huge plus in any IT role. IT issues can often be urgent and stressful, so recruiters will appreciate a candidate who can remain calm and effective under pressure.
Network Support Specialist Resume Summary Example
Paint a clear picture of your role.
Mentioning your exact job title, like 'Network Support Specialist', in the summary breeds clarity from the start. It helps recruiters quickly match your profile with the job description and understand your expertise level. Plus, it increases your chances of getting picked up by Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) due to keyword matching.
Showcase your major achievements
'Designed and implemented a network upgrade' is a perfect instance of demonstrating your impact. Not only does it show your technical skills, but it also illustrates how you've applied them. Remember to include quantifiable results, as it gives a sense of scale to your accomplishments.
Highlight critical responsibilities
Pointing out that you've 'managed network security' for a financial institution speaks volumes. It shows that you can be trusted with significant responsibilities and can handle high-pressure environments.
Establish leadership capabilities
Managing cross-functional teams is a complex task. By stating this, you prove that you have solid leadership and coordination skills. Such a trait is highly valued, especially in roles that require collaborative efforts.
Emphasize industry experience
Stating that you've worked in highly regulated industries like finance and healthcare gives you an edge. It not only shows your adaptability but also your understanding of industry-specific challenges and regulations.
Senior Help Desk Analyst Resume Summary Example
Identifying yourself as a 'Senior Help Desk Analyst' instantly communicates your level of experience to recruiters. This can be a deciding factor for hiring managers when weeding out less experienced candidates.
Innovation in action
'Introduced an AI-based chatbot' - here's an excellent example of leveraging technology to solve problems. This indicates your tech-savviness and forward-thinking approach, both qualities highly appreciated in the IT world.
Proof of leadership
The phrase 'managed a team of 10 technicians' not only demonstrates your leadership skills but also shows that you can handle a larger team, which is crucial for higher-level positions.
Having a '95% customer satisfaction rating' speaks volumes about your ability to handle customers effectively. In a help desk role, customer satisfaction is often the most critical performance metric.
Having experience in 'supporting cloud-based infrastructure' shows that you're up-to-date with the latest technologies. This is particularly important in IT roles where technology evolves rapidly, and staying current is critical.
Technical Support Analyst Resume Summary Example
A 'Technical Support Analyst' with a reputation for resolving issues quickly signals to recruiters that you're efficient and reliable. A good reputation is often built through consistent performance, which recruiters love to see.
'Implemented an ITIL-based incident management process' indicates that you're familiar with industry-standard frameworks and can utilize them to improve processes. This suggests a strong understanding of IT operations and a strategic mindset.
Supporting large organizations
'Led the IT support for a 500+ employee organization' - handling IT support in large organizations often means dealing with a wide variety of issues and managing resources effectively. This statement showcases your ability to operate at a large scale.
Vendor relationship management
'Managed vendor relationships' suggests that you're experienced in dealing with third-party suppliers, which is often a crucial part of an IT support role. It shows your ability to negotiate and collaborate, ensuring resources are procured efficiently.
Varied work environments
Having 'experience spans startups and large corporations' shows your adaptability. Different work cultures demand different approaches, and recruiters will appreciate a candidate who has successfully navigated both.
Help Desk Resume Templates
Administrative Resume Summary Examples
- Administrative Assistant Summary Examples
- Executive Assistant Summary Examples
- Office Manager Summary Examples
- Research Assistant Summary Examples
Administrative Resume Objective Examples
- Administrative Assistant Objective Examples
- Executive Assistant Objective Examples
- Office Manager Objective Examples
- Research Assistant Objective Examples
Administrative Resume Guides
- Administrative Assistant Resume Guides
- Executive Assistant Resume Guides
- Office Manager Resume Guides
- Research Assistant Resume Guides
- Knowledge Base
- Free Resume Templates
- Resume Builder
- Resume Examples
- Free Resume Review
Looking for an IT Help Desk resume?
[ Click here to directly go to the complete IT help desk resume sample ]
IT help desk is an important part of any organization.
As an IT help desk professional, it is your responsibility to provide technical support to customers and uphold the productivity of an organization.
And in this blog, we have listed all the tricks and tips to help you frame the perfect job-winning IT help desk resume that can get you on the radar of the recruiters.
Before going further, take a look at our IT help desk sample resume to know what an ideal resume should look like:
- Programming Languages: Java, Python, C#, C++
- Service Management Software: TOPdesk, ServiceNow, Spiceworks, Jira Service Desk, SolarWinds Service Desk
- Oversaw 15+ help desk staff members who were tasked with assisting customers remotely, by e-mail or phone, or in-person
- Played a key role in hiring, scheduling , and providing employee evaluations and feedback
- Administered repairing, upgrading , and complete configuration of 200+ PCs and related peripherals
- Performed periodic hardware & software checks to ensure that they are functioning properly; improved quality by 17%
- Motivated the team members, administered training materials and gave KTs to small or large audiences once a month
- Trained 150+ non-IT employees on analyzing & repairing minor hardware/software failures to increase efficiency by 15%
- Performed random audits to ensure that the help desk team of 50+ employees is providing good customer service
- Increased client satisfaction by 30% through effective communication and problem solving
- Attended major support calls (~20/day ), 5+ walk-in customers, and 30+ emails daily for Tier 2 & 3 levels technical support
- Developed, executed, and followed IT operational policies, standards, and work instructions for customer support
- Installed and updated hardware & software and recommended computer equipment to reduce the overall cost by 18%
- Designed & performed tests on 15+ applications as per the required standards and ensured data security
- Documented all software/applications upgrades & modifications and maintained the IT & software Inventory
- Responded to user's inquiries ( 25+ daily ) regarding computer, email, phone connectivity, software or hardware inquires
- Answered, evaluated, and prioritized incoming telephone , voicemail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance
- Collaborated with 7+ vendors to troubleshoot issues related to IT equipment, LAN/WAN connectivity, and software
- Installed and configured computer systems & installed/updated to the latest software/applications for 30+ employees
- Responded to 15+ customer inquiries in a day, diagnosed the issue and assisted them in troubleshooting challenges
- Updated, maintained & monitored all aspects of computer networks and resolved network related issues
- Assisted in resolving technical issues concerning 15+ client's accounts and the company's software infrastructure
- CompTIA A+ Certified Professional | CompTIA | Apr '17
- GPA: 4.5/5.0
Here is a brief overview of our 2022 It Help Desk Resume Blog:
- Unless you are a job hopper or looking for a change in your career, make use of the reverse-chronological format.
- Create separate sections to highlight your key skills and technical skills in an IT help desk resume skills.
- If you are a certified professional, make sure that you mention the details in your IT help desk technician resume.
To analyze more about what to put on a resume for IT help desk job, keep reading.
You will also learn how to write a job-winning IT help desk support resume while simultaneously learning:
- What to put on a resume for IT help desk job that can make you stand out.
- How to highlight your skills in an IT help desk entry level resume.
- How to create a keyword optimized IT help desk resume.
- How to compose a suitable IT help desk resume summary.
- How to optimize your IT help desk resume skills.
Hiration's Online Resume Builder is here to help you write the perfect IT help desk resume with professional assistance.
Our Online Resume Builder is stocked with a huge library of resume examples and an IT help desk resume template that will make your job application easier and effective!
All you have to do is replace the pre-filled information in our example templates with your details as per the targeted job application requirements.
Follow the given steps and learn how to write an IT help desk resume that will further help you communicate your skills to the recruiters:
Pick the Right IT Help Desk Resume Format
Include distinct sections to organize your it help desk resume, start by framing your it help desk resume header, draft a flawless it help desk professional experience section, provide the details of your education in the it help desk resume, highlight your it help desk resume skills, conclude your it help desk resume with a suitable summary/objective, use hiration’s services to create the perfect it help desk resume.
Here is a list of all the topics that you will learn in this blog:
[ Back to Table of Content ]
The Applicant Tracking System is a reliable software used by most recruiters and employers during the hiring process.
And the right resume format can help you enhance your IT help desk resume in the most effective way and make it easier for the recruiters to recognize your professional expertise.
Pick the most suitable resume format from the most distinct ones described below:
Reverse-Chronological: This is one of the best and the most preferred resume format because your most recent and relevant professional details are highlighted upfront to make it recruiter-friendly. Additionally, it is also ATS-friendly and hence gives you a higher chance to get recognition from the recruiters.
Functional: This format is not the best kind to be used as it is not effective enough to help you rank high on the ATS. But for freshers, job-hoppers, and people looking for a change in their career, this resume format can have its benefits. Try and avoid using it if you have a smooth sailing career trajectory.
Combination: This resume format can be effective for framing your IT help desk resume if you have extensive years of professional experience ranging between 15-20 years. You can highlight both your skills as well as your work experience and describe them in detail.
In case you are not sure about which resume format to use to frame your resume for IT help desk, you can always rely on our resume experts at Hiration.
Here is an opportunity to get your resume reviewed by professionals to make it recruiter friendly and ATS-compliant.
There are two types of resume sections and you need to know exactly which sections to include in your resume that can help you frame a job-winning resume.
The sections listed below are the traditional or standard sections that should be included in your resume at all times:
- Personal Information
- Profile Title
- Professional Experience
The below-given sections are optional and you can include them whenever required or deemed necessary to add value to your standard sections:
- Certifications (if any)
- Additional Information (if any)
- Awards & Recognitions (if any)
To learn more about resume sections you can go through Hiration's 2022 Guide to adding the right sections in a resume .
Or you can simply go to Hiration’s Online Resume Builder and create an IT help desk support resume that can help you get shortlisted for the job of your dreams.
If you are someone who uses "CV" or "Resume" as your resume header, you have to stop stating the obvious and start saving precious space on your resume.
Your name should be written at the topmost part of your IT help desk resume to maintain its unique identity and make it allow the recruiters to keep an easier track of your resume.
Use the largest font size in the range of 16-20 font size and simply leave a space between your first name and last name.
In case of a middle name, just write the initial of your middle name, add a full stop and place it between your first and the last name.
To get an in-depth knowledge of curating the perfect resume header, you can go through Hiration’s 2022 Guide To Writing The Perfect Resume Header .
Look at the IT help desk resume example illustrating an ideal resume header that we have made with Hiration’s Online Resume Builder :
IT Help Desk Resume: Personal Information
Provide the required details to make sure that the recruiters get in touch with you for any likely shortlist.
An ideal personal information section should contain the following:
- Contact Number: Provide the contact number that you actively use through which the recruiters can easily get in touch with you.
- Email Address: Provide an email address that has your real name to maintain a professional approach.
- Current Location: If you are applying for a job abroad, mention your state and country. Else simply mention your current city and state of residence.
Additionally, you can also mention the details of the following as per your discretion:
- LinkedIn profile link
- Link to an online portfolio
For more details on this section read Hiration's 2022 Guide to composing your contact information .
Refer to the sample IT help desk resume given below to see what an ideal personal information section looks like in an IT help desk support resume:
Our Online Resume Builder can help you put together an impeccable IT help desk entry level resume.
IT Help Desk Resume: Profile Title
The second-largest text in the range of 14-16 font size should be used to curate your profile title on a resume.
It communicates your current designation, your functional industry, and the level of seniority in your field of work.
If you are tempted to exaggerate your profile title, get rid of the thought because it can only spell doom for your job application.
Be accurate with what you have professionally done and where you stand in your professional podium for the recruiters to recognize your professional status.
An ideal profile title should look like the one shown in our below-given IT help desk sample resume:
Our AI-powered Resume Review Service is available to give your resume an in-depth and constructive analysis within minutes of uploading it on our tool!
Since the professional experience section takes up most of your resume you need to make the best use of this section.
Every relevant work experience or the current job profile that you are holding should be described for the recruiters to easily recognize your professional expertise and raise your chance of being shortlisted for the targeted job profile.
To ensure that you frame an impressive professional experience section, you need to apply the following factors:
- Frame Points
Bucketing & Bolding
[ Back to Table of Content ] Use the STAR format to describe your work details for the recruiters to easily recognize your potential:
STAR refers to:
- S: The s ituation, backdrop, or context of your contributions.
- T: The actual t ask that was assigned to you.
- A: The strategy you put into a ction to execute the assigned task.
- R: The r esult or outcome of your action in the form of an achievement figure.
[ Back to Table of Content ] What do employers look for in resume for IT help desk?
Well, the answer is simple!
They simply look for those applicants who are qualified to shoulder the responsibilities of an IT help desk.
Just as simple as the answer is to the question asked, your professional experience statement should be simple and easy to understand too.
Let us look at the two sets of IT help desk resume examples that we have given below for you to understand the effectiveness of framing your points and how it can be easily done.
IT Help Desk Resume Example 1
"As an IT help desk for the XYZ company I was assigned to oversee 10 help desk staff members who were given the task to remotely assist the customers and clients, through e-mail or phone. I also played a key role in the process of scheduling meetings, hiring, and providing evaluations of the employees. I have successfully administered the complete configuration of 150+ personal computers for two different departments by repairing and upgrading. Additionally, I performed periodic hardware or software checks to ensure that they were properly functioning and improve the quality of work by 15%."
IT Help Desk Resume Example 2
Oversaw 10 help desk staff members who were assigned to remotely assist customers, via e-mail or phone Played a key role in the process of scheduling, hiring, and providing evaluations of employees Administered the complete configuration of 150+ PCs for two departments by repairing and upgrading Performed periodic hardware/software checks to ensure the proper functioning and improve 15% work quality
Framing Points: Analysis
From the two IT help desk resume examples illustrated above, we can observe that:
- Writing a long paragraph to describe your professional roles & responsibilities as an IT help desk does not do justice to your expertise and potential. It is hard to recognize your skills at a glance and most recruiters may not spend enough time going through the whole paragraph.
- Whereas, framing one-liner bullet points are easier to read and hence the recruiters would easily recognize the positive impact you had on your work. Moreover, one-liner points tend to focus on your main involvements and do not highlight vague points.
In conclusion, you can curate ATS-friendly resumes by using bullet points to frame one-liners and communicate your professional caliber to the recruiters.
[ Back to Table of Content ] Another important factor that can contribute towards enhancing your professional experience section is bucketing and bolding.
To understand why it is so, look at the two IT help desk resume examples give below.
Administered materials for training materials and conducted KTs to both small and large audiences every month Trained 100+ non-IT employees on how to analyze & repair failures of hardware/software Increased 50% client satisfaction through effective communication and problem solving Attended support calls (~30/day) and 40+ emails for Tier 2 & 3 levels technical support Provided customer support as per the IT operational policies and standards to ensure the best service
Training & Customer Satisfaction Administered materials for training materials and conducted KTs to both small and large audiences every month Trained 100+ non-IT employees on how to analyze & repair failures of hardware/software Increased 50% client satisfaction through effective communication and problem solving Client Relationship Management Attended support calls (~30/day) and 40+ emails for Tier 2 & 3 levels technical support Provided customer support as per the IT operational policies and standards to ensure the best service
Bucketing & Bolding: Analysis
- Framing points in one-liner alone are not enough to get the attention of the recruiters as it does not make the highlights of your points stand out for the recruiters to easily recognize.
- Whereas applying bucketing and bolding makes it easier for the recruiters to recognize the most significant points without having to read through the whole resume.
In conclusion, you must always list all the similar points under the relevant buckets by creating unique headings. And enhance your framed points to communicate your work experience for the recruiters to easily read and comprehend.
To understand this section in detail and learn how to master it, read Hiration's guide on framing the work experience in your resume .
IT help desk resume sample for Professional Experience
Here is an IT help desk resume sample signifying an ideal professional experience section:
IT Help Desk Resume Keywords
To make sure that your IT help desk entry level resume ranks high on the ATS, you need to keyword-optimize your resume.
Suitable keywords can be found in the IT help desk job description.
Before you start sending out your resumes to the recruiters, make sure that you compare your job description and the keywords included by the recruiters in the job listing.
Pick the most relevant and significant keywords that highlight your professional skills and list them in your professional experience section and key skills section.
You can also add suitable keywords in your IT help desk resume summary and IT help desk resume skills sections.
Including the right keywords in your resume can raise your chances of ranking high on the ATS and give your better opportunity to end up being recognized by the recruiters who can give you the required shortlist.
Every time you wonder what to put on a resume for IT help desk job, remember that your educational qualification can raise your chances of landing your dream jobs.
Do not skip the education section in your resume, especially if you are writing an IT help desk entry level resume.
The education section of your resume should ideally consist of the following details:
- Name of the school/university you have attended.
- Name of the courses you have pursued.
- The location of your school/university.
- Enrollment and graduation dates in the month & year format.
We have an exhaustive guide written just for this section on Hiration's 2022 Guide on how to list education on your resume .
Refer to the IT help desk support analyst sample resume showcasing the ideal education section for your resume:
IT Help Desk Resume: Certifications
Apart from the details of your educational qualification, you can also add any relevant certifications that validate your eligibility to practice your line of work.
The certification section of your IT help desk support resume should consist of the following details:
- Certification course name.
- Name of the institute of affiliation.
- Location of the institute of affiliation.
- Enrollment and completion date of the course in the month & year format.
Hiration's 2022 Guide on listing certifications on a resume has more in store for you to get a better understanding of this section.
The below-given sample resume for IT help desk is showcasing what an ideal certifications section for your resume looks like:
Create an impeccable resume with the help of our Online Resume Builder .
It is safe to say that this section can do wonders for your resume and raise your chances of being shortlisted by the recruiters if curated effectively.
Most of the skills that need to be highlighted in this section are ideally present in your professional experience section. So simply scan through your one-liners and pick those skills that have been justified, then list them in this section.
To use this section in your favor and rank high on the ATS, add suitable and relevant keywords that are mentioned in the job description.
Make sure to read Hiration's 2022 Guide on what skills to put on a resume and learn more about curating the perfect skills section.
Here is an IT help desk resume sample showcasing the perfect key skills section:
IT Help Desk Resume Summary
A resume summary is an important feature of a resume that can help you give the recruiters an insight into your resume in just a few lines without wasting their time.
It is most suitable if you compose this section in the end because that way it will be easier for you to decide which points to skip and which points to mention.
Compose an IT help desk resume summary only if you have more than 3 years of work experience to highlight in your resume.
Try to keep it short and precise in 3-5 lines and add suitable keywords
There is more about this section in our Resume Summary Guide so make sure that you go through it to learn how to compose a suitable IT help desk resume summary.
Attached below is an IT help desk resume sample showcasing the ideal resume summary:
In the meanwhile, make resume-writing an effortless affair with Hiration's Online Resume Builder now!
IT Help Desk Resume Objective
Compose an IT help desk resume objective if you are a fresher writing an IT help desk resume entry level or have very less experience to highlight in your resume.
It gives an overview of your resume just as an IT help desk resume summary.
The only difference is that you need to keep professional experience on the sideline and focus on your skills and describe how you can contribute towards the higher goals of an organization.
Read Hiration's 2022 Guide on Resume Objectives to learn more about resume objectives.
Looking for a state-of-the-art resume builder and review services to help you build an impeccable It help desk resume?
Visit our Online Resume Builder and explore the best we have to offer you.
Resume Review & Free Resume Templates
Send us your existing resume to get it reviewed by the resume professionals at Hiration.
Your resume will be reviewed in compliance with the below-mentioned parameters:
- Compliance with industry norms ** Conversion Scope
- ATS Compliance
- Content Relevance
- Recruiter Friendliness
- Design Compatibility
- Global Compatibility
- Performance Assessment
- Resume Formatting (font, margins, the order of sections, etc.)
Online Resume Builder for Your Resume
Here is a list of the resources that come with our Online Resume Builder :
- JD-resume matcher
- Intuitive text recommendations
- 100+ pre-filled resume templates
- 25+ resume designs
- Full rich-text editor
- 1-click design change
- A sharable link
- LIVE resume Score
- LIVE resume editor
- Option to save unlimited resumes
Our Online Resume Builder is here to help you create job-winning resumes.
- Always use the right resume format that best suits the trajectory of your career and the requirements of your job application.
- Label your resume with your name as the header and provide your contact details along with an accurate profile title.
- Frame action-oriented one-liner points and apply the bucketing and bolding to make them effective.
- Make sure that your resume is keyword optimized to rank high on the ATS and raise your chances of being shortlisted by the recruiters.
- Clearly mention the details of your education and certification to enhance your resume.
- Create a separate section to highlight your most significant skills.
- Compose a suitable IT help desk resume summary to give an overview of your resume.
Now that this blog has come to an end, we advice you to make use of all the IT help desk resume examples and IT helpdesk resume samples while writing the best resume.
Go to Hiration resume builder and create a professional resume for yourself. Additionally, reach out to us at [email protected] and you can get 24/7 professional assistance with all your job & career-related queries.
Share this blog
Subscribe to Free Resume Writing Blog by Hiration
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox
Stay up to date! Get all the latest & greatest posts delivered straight to your inbox
Is Your Resume ATS Friendly To Get Shortlisted?
Upload your resume for a free expert review.
Tips to help you find the perfect pet-friendly rental
Posted: November 14, 2023 | Last updated: November 14, 2023
For many pet owners, their furry friend is an extension of their family and a deal-breaker when it comes to apartment hunting.
But finding a rental that allows pets can be a hassle to navigate, with breed restrictions, weight limits, and extra fees.
Joyce Lebedew, owner of Joyce Lebedew Real Estate in South Boston, said many landlords are overlooking the benefits of having pet owners for tenants.
“I find that pet owners are better tenants because they are committed to taking care of something other than themselves,” Lebedew said. “They make good tenants, they make quiet tenants, and they are working to provide for their pets.”
Check for restrictions
While being pet-friendly is important, Lebedew emphasized that this does not mean “kennel-friendly”: Rentals often can accommodate only one or two pets. This is to ensure the safety of and comfortable living environments for both the pets, their owners, and the neighbors.
There may also be breed restrictions. “We have to make sure that it is a good fit for the tenant and the landlord, but also a good fit for the dog as well,” Lebedew said.
Another obstacle may be the fees landlords request:
Many larger landlords may try to charge a pet fee or a pet deposit in addition to the monthly rent. These fees are illegal under Massachusetts state law, said Doug Quattrochi, executive director at MassLandlords .
- Pet fees ➡ A non-refundable one-time charge for the associated costs of having a pet on the premises.
- Pet deposits ➡ A one-time refundable charge that acts like a traditional security deposit. The only deposit landlords can charge a tenant is the security deposit.
- Pet rent ➡ A landlord can negotiate a raised rent that is directly related to owners having a pet in the unit. It’s legal because it’s a repeated fee.
“There is no circumstance where anyone should be charging a one-time pet fee or pet deposit,” Quattrochi said.
The bigger and newer the building, the better
Anastasia Estes, rental manager for Joyce Lebedew Real Estate , has noticed that larger, newer apartment buildings tend to be more pet-friendly. Perhaps this reflects the dramatic increase in pet adoptions during the COVID pandemic. The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals reported that 1 in 5 households (roughly 23 million) adopted a dog or cat from the onset of the pandemic to May 2021.
“Believe it or not, it seems like the newer buildings are more apt to be pet-friendly just because people are adapting to the times more,” Estes said.
Look online for pet-friendly rentals
One of the easiest ways to find pet-friendly apartments is to do a simple Google search. With this comes the risk of missing the fine print, including additional pet fees. Lebedew and Estes recommend that renters read the listings very carefully for these hidden costs. Lebedew suggested working with a real estate agent to assist with the apartment search, as well as to make sure the tenant fully understands the rental agreement. The rental agent can also help negotiate pet charges.
Call and ask about pet policies
Renters can ask a landlord about the building’s pet policies even if the apartment is not advertised as pet-friendly. Let the landlord know what kind of pet you have, how old it is, and how friendly it is.
When it comes to emotional-support animals and other service dogs, it is important to provide proper documentation . If you call your pet an emotional support animal without presenting the proper documentation, Lebedew said, it can come across as deceitful.
Transparency is especially key when you have a dog that likes to bark. Moving can be a stressful experience for any pet, so behaviors may change. If the lease explicitly says that a pet cannot be loud, and the landlord determines that the tenant is violating this provision, the landlord can file a case with the Housing Court . However, in Massachusetts, the Housing Court considers law and equity when hearing cases, Quattrochi said. This means that unless the judge finds the disturbance severe enough for eviction, the court will likely rule in favor of the tenant. Instead, a landlord can request that a pet is put in a daycare service while the tenant is away.
Sell the landlord on your pet
Show landlords exactly what they would be getting. Pet owners can send photos of their pets or even create a “pet résumé.” Include a short description of the animal, including trainings the pet may have completed. Obedience class completion shows the landlord that the pet is well-trained enough to live in the apartment. Estes also encouraged setting up a meet-and-greet with your pet.
If Fluffy and Fido make the cut, congratulations. Just remember, being a considerate tenant means cleaning up after your pets, following policies, and being conscious of noise.
More on renting
An in-depth look at the massachusetts apartment market, 5 pretty rentals in greater boston for under $2,500, 7 tips for getting your rental application to the top of the pile, address newsletter.
-Get the latest news on buying, selling, renting, home design, and more.
The post Tips to help you find the perfect pet-friendly rental appeared first on Boston.com .
More for You
Hunter Biden wants Trump documents subpoenaed to investigate any political pressure on criminal case
Get Ready to See the "Mixie" Haircut Trend Everywhere
Hagar the Horrible by Chris Browne
Ukraine's Advance Puts Putin's Prize Possession at Risk
Stimulus Checks: How much money is the IRS sending at the end of this month?
US destroyer shoots down drone flying toward it in the Red Sea, defending itself in uneasy waters
Georgia prosecutor asks court to put Trump co-defendant back in jail
38 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes to Always Have on Hand
Another eye drop recall pulls 27 products from store shelves
Archaeologists Uncover Biblical Truth in Town Captured by Pharoah
The Best Christmas Towns in America You Should Visit at Least Once
Putin's war with Ukraine has basically killed off one of Russia's most successful tech companies
Derek Chauvin claims new evidence shows he didn't cause George Floyd's death, attempts to overturn conviction
50 Divine Church Picnic Recipes
The FDA Approved A New Medication To Prevent A Common Hospital Infection
Republican Cuts Off Colleague's Speech About Capitol Riot Conspiracy Theory
Blake Snell free agency: Ranking top five landing spots for Cy Young favorite with Phillies, Red Sox on list
Iran tells Hamas it will not enter the war with Israel
I was a bartender for almost a decade. Here are the techniques I used to land bigger tips — and the people I tried to avoid serving.
Canada’s most prominent Indigenous icon might not be Indigenous