Tier 1 Help Desk Analyst resume example
Tier 1 Help Desk Analyst resume example with 2+ years of experience
- Addresses a full range of customer needs, including trouble-shooting, technical assistance, system usage support, password resets, and installation, move, add and change requests.
- Provides first point of support for all incoming requests with continuous coverage of incoming call queues.
- Documents each customer incident in the Remedy ticket tracking system in a clear, concise, and understandable format.
- Documents resolutions for all problems and requests.
- Educates and trains customers on applications and technology.
- Researches and resolves customer calls that require follow-up.
- Complies with documented processes and works towards meeting expected service levels.
- Provides support on basic problems and requests - starting with desktop.
- Manage user accounts using Microsoft Active Directory, SMS Console tools and Remote tools.
- Provides support to customers requiring assistance on user questions; handles basic to moderately complex issues on various hospital software applications.
- Hospital applications listed in Skills and Abilities section).
- Addresses a full range of customer needs, including trouble-shooting, technical assistance, system usage support, password resets, and documenting IMAC: installation, move, add and change requests.
- Strives to provide first call resolution.
- Provides support on basic problems and requests - starting with d.
- Maintain computers and technical equipment in the lab which consisted of the following: Troubleshooting and replacing parts on lab computers, troubleshooting and recalibrating oscilloscopes, troubleshooting multi-meters and reimaging computer hard drives.
- Tutor students in various aspects of the Electronics curriculum.
- Train students in circuit building workshops on the following skills: Breadboard Series and Parallel circuits, reading color-coded resistors, operating the dc power supply, and using the multi-meter to measure voltage and resistance.
- Provide administrative support to the Chair of the Electronics program.
- Achievements: Designed and built a basic level Common Emitter Amplifier on display for the Electronics Department at ITT Technical Institute.
- Successfully built and programmed a robot that detects obstacles, responds to sound, and detects changes in light levels.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls to appropriate parties.
- Update and maintain all front desk reference materials for employee use including employee number listing and extension, directions to facility, contact numbers for utilities, and corporate contact listing.
- Fax documents and distribute incoming faxes to corresponding parties.
- Electronic filing of incoming patient packets, updated physician orders, and mailing requests for physician orders to be signed via I-Emphsys.
- Electronic filing of financial records for services rendered in MRO.
- Daily log of walk-in patient visits.
- Achievement: Received the Walgreens Optioncare one year service pin for exemplary service.
Your data is safe with us
- ITT Technical Institute
- Fisk University
Job Titles Held:
- Tier 1 Help Desk Analyst
- Electronics Tutor/Lab Assistant
- Medical Receptionist/File Clerk
- Associate of Applied Science
- Bachelor of Arts
it help desk support/analyst - tier 1
Robert Half Agency
las vegas, nevada
help desk tier 1
Sutherland Global Services
Panama City, Florida
tier 1 technical support agent/help desk support specialist
We provide IT Staff Augmentation Services!
Tier 1 help desk technician resume.
TECHNICAL SKILLS:� Software :� MSOffice (03, 08, 10), Windows XP, Vista, and 7, Windows DOS, UNIX, Norton Ghost, NetRestore, and some MAC experience� Hardware : Experience assembling and disassembling PCs and some MAC devices, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing Tier 1 PC issues, installing and configuring software and a NIC, troubleshooting networks, setting up P2P LAN.
Computer Information Systems� Coursework:� Operating Systems, PC & Network Hardware, LANs, Computer Security, Security +, Computer Repair & Troubleshooting
High School Diploma
WORK EXPERIENCE�����: Confidential , Alexandria VA – Feb 2012 –Present Tier 1 Help Desk Technician
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network issues.
- Log and track calls using a web-based ticketing system.
- Provide support to end-users for PCs, servers, mainframes, and web based applications.
Confidential,� Fairfax, VA – June 2011-Nov 2011 Unarmed Special Police Officer
- Provided patrol-services to protect the people, and property.
Confidential,� Capital Heights, MD - March 2010-Oct 2010 Sales Associate (Garden Dept)
- Direct & Assist customers with outdoor garden products.
- Maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas.
- Ensure cleanliness and safety of department.
- Operated the pallet jack, and fork lift to prepare palletized materials
Confidential, Washington, DC - June 2009-Aug 2009 Tech Support
- Partitioned drives and imaged workstations using Norton Ghost and NetRestore for MAC.
- Joined workstations to HQ and Student domains and Setup P2P LAN connections.
- Ran diagnostic scans like Check Disk and Defrag for malfunctioning machines
- Troubleshoot Tier 1 PC issues
- Assembled/disassembled workstations
Confidential , Alexandria, VA - Nov 2008-March 2009 Sale Associate
- Greeted and assisted customers with purchasing products.
- Performed cashier duties as needed.
- Created storewide visual product displays
We'd love your feedback!
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes
Are you Hiring?
Talk to a Recruitment Specialist Call: (800) 693-8939
- Schedule A Meeting
- Franchise Opportunity
- LCA Posting Notices
- Hire IT Global, Inc - LCA Posting Notices
- Health Insurance Public Info
- IT Staff Augmentation
- Hire Programmers
- Government Services
- IT Project Management
- Industry Expertise
- Resume Database
- Browse Jobs
- Upload Resume
- Employee Benefits
- Resume Marketing
- Us Citizens/Green Cards
- Forms Checklists
- H1B Visa Transfer
- E3 Visa Sponsorship
- TN Visa Sponsorship
- EB3 to EB2 Porting
- Green Card Sponsorship
Sample Resume: Help Desk
by dicenews Apr 19, 2010 3 min read
LAUREN TAYLOR 225 Dice Avenue | New York, NY 10001 | [email protected] | 000-000-0000
Talented and dedicated HelpDesk professional with over 5 years of experience in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Extensive experience setting up, installing, and repairing desktops, laptops, printers, and modems.
- Outstanding knowledge of multiple hardware and software applications.
- Strong background with hard drives, central processing units (CPUs), video cards, firewalls, and antivirus and disaster recovery software.
- Skilled communicator, able to successfully work with wide range of end-users to diagnose and resolve complex technical issues.
- Played key role in instituting new tracking system that coordinated phone and e-mail support requests, remarkably improving response time and dramatically reducing downtime.
- Excellent technical skills, with strong knowledge of Windows, Novell, MS Office, and Internet connections and peripherals. Extensive knowledge of both PC and LAN hardware and applications.
- Microsoft Desktop Certified Technician.
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/ME/XP/NT/Vista, Mac OS X Snow Leopard Software Applications: MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Novell, VMWare, Norton Utilities, Ghost, Adobe, Symantec PCAnywhere, McAfee Networking: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VPN, CAT 5, Ethernet, Routers, SAN, MS Site Server
CERTIFICATIONS Microsoft Desktop Certified Technician
ABC Corporation, Los Angeles, CA: 2007 - Present Tier I - Help Desk Technician
- Provide telephone and in-person support to over 200 end users, troubleshooting, diagnosing, resolving, and documenting hardware, software, and network related technical issues.
- Create, respond to, escalate, and close tickets. Track all outstanding tickets, working closely with Tier II Technician to ensure any problems are resolved in timely manner.
- Document all technical issues. Highlight steps taken to remediate problems.
- Tasked with training new hires on internal systems and procedures. Trained 3 new hires in 4-month period as company rapidly expanded.
DEF Computers, Boston, MA: 2005 - 2007 Computer Technician
- Worked with clients both in-store and on-site to install, troubleshoot, and repair technical problems for computer systems, including laptops, desktops, printers, modems, and monitors.
- Provided telephone and e-mail technical support follow-up, recommending purchases as required.
- Built and customized computers for clientele.
- Installed firewalls, virus software, and removed Spyware/Malware.
EDUCATION University of Maryland, College Park, MD Bachelor of Science, 2004 Keywords: Technical Support, Customer Service, Malware, Spyware, Desktop, Laptop, MS, Microsoft, administer, Tier I, Tier 1, Tier II, Tier 2, Computers, Computer Information Systems, Technician, Tracking, workstations, applications, network
Upload Your Resume Employers want candidates like you. Upload your resume. Show them you're awesome.
Sign up for a free Dice profile, add your resume, discover great career insights and set your tech career in motion.
- Customer service
- Help desk resume examples
Help desk Resume examples
10 Help desk resume examples found
All examples are written by certified resume experts, and free for personal use. Copy any of the Help desk resume examples to your own resume, or use one of our free downloadable Word templates. We recommend using these Help desk resume examples as inspiration only, while creating your own resume.
Learn more about: how to write a perfect resume
IT help desk technician
Provided superior customer support & service to Comcast’s WiFi customers by answering a full range of customer requests, inquiries, and complaints relating to WiFi services and general inquiries. Answered incoming calls and provide helpdesk support to resolve issues on the server-side and client-side using Retain Helpdesk tool.
- Resolved customer technical issues to ensure all issues are closed in time with the right resolution and highest customer satisfaction.
- Diffused escalated customer situations while setting accurate expectations for issue resolution.
- Documented problems including detection information, diagnostic results, and repair information by utilizing the trouble ticketing system.
- Managed the overall customer call queue to ensure timely response to incoming customer calls.
- Opened tickets and maintained documentation to track tickets through resolution.
- Provided coaching, training new employees on call center operations, troubleshooting techniques, and collaborated on calls with new hires.
Help desk technician
Log all received issues into proprietary help desk ticketing system, classifying and prioritizing incidents with excellent written communication for other technicians to respond to. Use sound judgement to identify trends, anticipate customer needs, and determine when to escalate incidents.
- Developed 14 knowledge articles to reduce customer frustration and decrease resolution time.
- Provide technical and functional support, resolving 90% of tickets during first contact.
- Receive and respond to calls, emails, live chats, and web inquiries from system users.
- Collaborate with Tier 2 support to enhance knowledge and improve service level agreements (SLA).
Help desk support
Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis by recruiting, training, and supporting a highly efficient and effective team of help desk representatives and technicians. Maintain customer service standards by contributing to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints.
- Improved production and efficiency by delegating staff to specific roles.
- Manage the help desk team and evaluate performance to create innovative recommendations.
- Establish best practices through the entire support process by developing and reviewing daily, weekly, and monthly reports on help desk team's productivity.
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement and develop an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer support accordingly.
- Develop and oversee the team's knowledge base and ensure top quality solutions are available to the staff.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation.
Provided remote technical support and assistance to clients/customers across the country. Responded to queries by email, phone, and chat, offering assistance on configuration, delivery, maintenance, and troubleshooting various computer systems, software, hardware, and other technical components.
- Utilized standard help desk procedures and processes to document and resolve technical issues for end-user requests.
- Assisted with user access, creation, editing, and troubleshooting in Google Workspace and Active Directory.
- Provided expertise to maintain and support various IT systems while adhering to company and department strategies and standards.
- Troubleshot hardware and software problems and made recommendations for upgrades and configurations implementation.
- Tasked with designing and maintaining Document Libraries, SharePoint sites, workflows, and Google applications in support of business practices.
Technical support position requiring a blend of customer service and technical skills in the daily execution of duties.
- Maintained up-to-date knowledge of all company products and services to better assist customers in resolving their technical issues.
- Continuously read technical manuals on company’s latest hardware products to understand technical components and deliver comprehensive installation and repair support as needed.
- Responded to all customer enquiries and escalated specific problems to the designated specialist.
- Documented technical resolution processes and workflows for future references.
Interactive technical support position requiring sharp problem solving and communication skills.
- Liaised with colleagues to provide comprehensive support to user on both hardware and software issues.
- Provided prompt responses and solutions to incoming inquiries and reported issues.
- Routinely delivered detailed reports to supervisors on the status of all technical issues and assigned projects.
- Provided ample support in during installations and testing of company systems to ensure quality performance.
Provided expertise on numerous IT systems, delivering a high level of customer service and exceptional technical support for end-user software/hardware. Performed analysis, diagnosis, and resolution to a variety of issues, documenting and maintaining an inventory of all computing equipment and purchases.
- Resolved complex issues requiring detailed applications and systems expertise that have been escalated from Tiers 1 to 3.
- Installed microcomputer hardware and software, customized software patches according to specific requirements, and corrected technical issues.
- Worked onsite and remotely to ensure service tickets, diagnostic programs, and isolation problems are adequately addressed and fixed promptly.
- Reviewed and addressed recurring or escalated issues by bringing technical cost-effective solutions to company executives.
- Configured, deployed, troubleshooted, and resolved issues to software and hardware, peripheral devices, and networks.
Identify problems and implement solutions with accurate communication to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of customer issues. Ensure compliance with security procedures for data handling.
- Improved first-contact resolution 20% by creating customer handling guide.
- Act as the Tier 1 point of contact for internal and external customers on a busy service desk. Provide thorough triaging of tickets by liaising with other service teams.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement internal training programs to increase system literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Participate in planning sessions for process improvement and make recommendations based on experience and past customer interactions.
Complex role requiring supervision of a 5 man team to ensure the quality of remote customer support.
- Delivered premium remote assistance to users to resolve technical issues on software and hardware
- Managed on-boarding processes and new recruits training on in-house techniques and third-party applications to ensure adherence to service standards.
- Managed workflows and delegated tasks to help desk support associates under personal supervision to ensure attainment of defined goals.
- Worked with HR to develop standard operation policies and procedures for routine systems management tasks and effective user training manuals.
Complex role requiring comprehensive knowledge of technical components to deliver effective and prompt solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Performed diagnostic assessments hardware and system performance to identify issues and ensure effective resolution.
- Routinely evaluated department operational policies and procedures to find bottlenecks and suggest improvements to upper management.
- Trained new recruits on standard technical support process to ensure the accurate documentation and delivery of technical support services to customers.
- Kept abreast of all projects within assigned team and provide routine progress reports to department head to streamline workflows and define performance goals.
- Easy step-by-step builder
- Professional templates
- Try for free!
Professional resume templates
Make a resume that wins you interviews! Choose one of these professionally-designed resume templates and follow 3 easy steps to complete.
Create a perfect resume in a few minutes
- Field-tested resume templates created by experts
- Powered by Resume.io
- Try now for free!
Free resume templates
- Free for personal use
- Direct download as a Microsoft Word document
- Created by a CPRW certified resume expert
- Optimized for applicant tracking system (ATS) screening
Choosing a correct resume format and template
Download our American style resume template. Chronological resume format. Download a functional resume template .
Learn more about the differences between a resume and a CV .
Download our British/European style cv template. Similar to a resume but more commonly used in Europe, Asia and Africa.
Download cv-template.docx 29.34 KB
You control your data
Choose type of cookies to accept
These cookies give you access to a customized experience of our products. Personalization cookies are also used to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on our Site and third-party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content as well as track the content you access (including video viewing). We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
These cookies are placed by third-party companies to deliver targeted content based on relevant topics that are of interest to you. And allow you to better interact with social media platforms such as Facebook.
These cookies are essential for the Site's performance and for you to be able to use its features. For example, essential cookies include: cookies dropped to provide the service, maintain your account, provide builder access, payment pages, create IDs for your documents and store your consents.
To see a detailed list of cookies, click here .
- Resume Examples
- Help Desk Resume Sample & Job Description [+Entry Level]
Help Desk Resume Sample & Job Description [+Entry Level]
As seen in:
You showed your dad how to work his cell phone. Set up your Grandma’s Facebook (and now regret it). Tech stuff? You just seem to get it.
Time to land that dream job. Free coffee, office chairs with lumbar support, a health package sure to make Bernie smile… Problem is, there are many others in this help desk queue, and the leading companies want the best. Let's give them the help desk resume they're looking for!
This guide will show you:
- A help desk resume example better than 9 out of 10 other resumes.
- How to write a help desk resume that will land you more interviews.
- Tips and examples of how to put skills and achievements on a help desk resume.
- How to describe your experience on a resume for a help desk professional to get any job you want.
Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and easy to use. Plus, you’ll get ready-made content to add with one click. See 20+ resume templates and create your resume here .
Create your resume now
Sample resume made with our builder— See more resume examples here .
Looking for a similar position? We’ve got you covered:
- IT Support Resume
- IT Help Desk Resume
- Technical Support Resume
- Desktop Support Resume
- IT Specialist Resume
- Technical Resume
And for guides for any job you care to mention: Resume Examples for Every Career
Help Desk Resume Example
Help Desk Specialist
Efficient Help Desk Specialist with over 5 years of experience in the tech industry. Eager to support DynaTech Systems in providing top-notch customer service and resolving complex technical issues. Successfully reduced resolution time by 25% at InnoSource Labs.
InnoSource Labs, Salem, OR
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Managed and resolved up to 30 daily tickets, prioritizing high-impact issues.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure prompt and efficient support to all technical queries.
- Trained 5 help desk team members on internal procedures and software tools.
- Implemented a new ticket prioritizing system, reducing customer resolution time by 25%.
Junior Help Desk Representative
Zenith Innovations, Salem, OR
August 2014–June 2016
- Assisted with troubleshooting of software, hardware, and network issues.
- Maintained detailed records of customer interactions and actions taken.
- Supported user account management, including password resets and user access control.
- Earned “Employee of the Month” award 5 times for consistently exceeding all customer service goals.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
September 2010–June 2014
- University Hackathon - 2nd Place.
- Active Member - Computer Science Club.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- In-depth knowledge of Windows/Mac OS
- Advanced knowledge of help desk software
- Customer service skills
- Team collaboration
- Attention to detail
- Software troubleshooting
- CompTIA A+ Certification, CompTIA, 2014
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Microsoft, 2016
- 2017, Employee of the Month, Zenith Innovations
- Volunteering at local community tech workshops.
- Building custom PCs as a hobby.
What’s the Best Format for a Help Desk Resume?
Most of the time, hiring managers won’t read your whole resume. If they read it at all.
It gets worse: they take seconds to scan a resume. That’s 6 seconds to consider you for an interview.
What does it mean for you?
You need a good help desk resume format that will grab their attention and not let go.
Luckily, it’s not as hopeless as it sounds. Depending on your past work history, there are two main ways to go about this.
Want to make sure your help desk resume will hook every recruiter and get you that interview? Get our free checklist and learn what makes a job-winning resume: 46 Things You Need To Do Before You Send Your Resume
How to Format a Help Desk Resume with Prior Experience
Been on a help desk team before? Fantastic! You’ve got an advantage. The reverse-chronological format is best for your experienced help desk resume.
Why is that?
The reverse-chronological format emphasizes your help desk work history and experience.
Using this format on your IT or computer help desk resume, you will list your most recent work positions first, and go back through past jobs from there.
As the standard format, it’s the easiest to read and scan - for hiring managers and applicant tracking system (ATS) software alike.
This is important because those little ATS robots read your resume first and make sure you’ve got the goods the hiring manager wants. But more on that later!
Make sure you get your resume right by reading up on how to start a resume , choosing the best font for resume , and our resume dos and don'ts .
How to Format a Help Desk Resume with No Experience
But, how to get a help desk job using a resume without experience ?
This is where the combination resume format comes in.
Using this format on your sample help desk resume, you’ll highlight relevant skills on previous jobs. Feature them in bullet points to make them stand out. List them under appropriate subheadings like Communication Skills .
In your work history, include key tasks and duties with each job. Focus on those which translate to similar actions on a help desk. These are “transferable skills,” which we’ll touch on more below.
Don’t have any past work experience? No problem. Instead, begin with your education. Follow that with non-traditional work (e.g., internships) in the work history area.
Still not sure which format will work best for your sample help desk resume template? Want to see other examples on how to lay out your resume? Read our guide: 3 Resume Formats: How to Choose the Best One [Examples]
Help Desk Resume Summary or Resume Objective?
You want to make an impression. You want to draw them in. You want something they’ll be unable to forget. Remember that you have 6 seconds? You’ll want to do this all quickly.
You need a resume objective or a professional resume summary .
But which one?
Don’t worry! We’ll go over the two now, and you’ll be able to pick the best one.
Professional Help Desk Resume Summary
You’ve been assisting customers with their new tech ever since tech was new.
You’ve got help desk experience?
Then use a resume summary.
Your help desk resume summary will point out your tech support skills and achievements like a tech support agent pointing out problems on a PC.
Highlight your career experience in a brief introduction. This will show them that you’re the right person for the job.
Pro Tip: Personalize the resume by professionally name-dropping the company you’re applying to in the help desk resume summary or objective statement.
Here’s a sample resume summary for an experienced technical support resume done right and wrong:
Do you see the difference?
Let’s debug. Take the “Wrong” technical support resume sample summary: It was sweet of you to perform those different office tasks during off-peak hours, but, at the same time, who cares?
Those skills aren’t relevant to a technical help desk resume. Also, steer clear of using the first person in your resume.
The “Right” tech support summary example quantifies your experience (4+ years) and also adds one of your proudest accomplishments for the win.
When making a resume in our builder, drag & drop bullet points, skills, and auto-fill the boring stuff. Spell check? Check . Start building a professional resume template here for free .
When you’re done, our online resume builder will score your resume and our resume checker will tell you exactly how to make it better.
Want some more advice on how to make a sample help desk resume summary? Check out our guide: How To Write A Resume Summary: 21 Best Examples You Will See
Pro Tip: Aim for one page on a help desk resume with no experience . Two pages for career help desk job seekers. More than two pages might get overlooked, whether it is a tier 1 IT support resume or a tier 3 computer support technician resume.
Example Help Desk Resume Objective
The pinnacle of your help desk experience so far (and the biggest regret of your life) was when you helped your grandma create her Facebook account.
New to the field? Will this be a resume for a help desk job with no experience?
Use the resume objective .
You don’t have the necessary experience. But I repeat: don’t worry! Instead, we’ll explain how your past skills will be useful on technical support resumes.
Don’t forget to mention the company name!
How about here? Do you see the differences?
While in the “Wrong” example, you show commendable ambition, everyone shows that in their resume. The “Right” technical help desk resume example shows our that our experience, though unrelated, can be relatable. And a proud achievement in there to seal the deal.
The company is taking a bigger chance on you if you’ve had no previous help desk experience. So, it is even more important to show them that you have what it takes.
Want some more tips on how to write a help desk resume objective? Check out our guide: +20 Resume Objective Examples - Use Them On Your Resume (Tips)
How to Describe Your Help Desk Experience
On the help desk, you’ll help some clueless people with self-inflicted problems while maintaining the patience of a saint.
You’ll perform magic.
To cast a spell on the recruiters, you must know how to describe your work history by creating the perfect help desk resume job description .
How to Choose the Right Experience on a Help Desk Resume
Know your IP address better than your home address?
If you have experience on a help desk team, you have a nice head start. Still, pick those help desk resume bullets which match the company’s interests. Complicated?
Don’t worry. It’s easy. Let me show you how:
Do you see the difference? In the second example, we list our help desk duties and responsibilities. Short and sweet, right? It won’t be sweet when they short you the job.
Now, take the first help desk support resume example. We list achievements and successes at the previous position, with some modifying words that will impress them and benefit you.
How to Write a Help Desk Resume With No Experience
Almost any past experience will have something which is relevant to a help desk resume. Analyze tasks you had that would be useful on a resume for a help desk job.
These are transferable help desk responsibilities and skills.
Handled the calendars of corporate titans as a secretary? Impressive! But not transferable.
Delegated and managed phone calls and emails from clients? Now that’s transferable!
Let’s look at some help desk resume examples for an entry-level position in practice:
You see what we did there?
On our entry-level technical support resume samples, sure, we could list our secretarial duties like filing documents and jotting appointments down into calendars.
But, since we want a help desk position, we need to list the most tasks and achievements which would be relevant to IT help desk responsibilities. In the first one, we highlighted our tasks which are most relevant, and then we add a proud achievement for the win.
Pro Tip: The one-word ‘helpdesk resume’ is quite common, but incorrect by most authorities. Even if it were, keep it consistent - choose one spelling and stick with it.
Looking for more ideas on how to put relevant skills and achievements on a help desk resume? Check out this guide: Achievements To Put On A Resume - Complete Guide (+30 Examples)
Is Your Education Section On Hold? It Might Be
The education section. What a waste of valuable real estate on your help desk resume, right?
You’d better think again.
An education section is a key part of the perfect resume. Whether you are submitting an entry-level help desk resume or a tier 2 help desk analyst resume, the hiring manager will appreciate your academic recap.
So, how should we list education on our help desk resume?
Here’s how to include your degree on your help desk resume:
2008 BA in Investigative Journalism Columbia School of Journalism, New York, NY 3.8 GPA
But what if you are still completing your university degree?
Here’s how to list a degree that is still in progress:
BA in Investigative Journalism in Progress Columbia School of Journalism, New York, NY Expected Graduation in 2021
And what if all you have is your high school diploma?
Not to worry!
List your high school, styling it like this:
Townsend Harris High School, Flushing, NY Graduated in 2004
If you’re going to list a degree, skip adding your high school.
Pro Tip: For the best help desk technician resume, you should only include your GPA if it is as close to 4.0 as possible. Too low and it’ll hurt instead of help. We don’t want that!
Want more examples of how to put your education on a help desk resume? Have an educational scenario that is not listed here? Read our guide: How to Put Your Education on a Resume [Tips & Examples]
How to Put Skills on a Help Desk Resume
Need to pay your bills?
Then you need to play up your skills, because as the Beastie Boys say:
I've got the skills to pay the bills, ya
I got the got the got the skills to pay the bills
I've got the skills to pay the bills
Ah what you got, I got the skills to pay the bills
Clearly it’s important.
The skills section is as important as a tech support agent understanding your OS. Tailor this to the employer by choosing the perfect listings. And it doesn’t end there - we also need to identify the right help desk hard skills and soft skills.
Pro Tip: Hard skills are specific abilities and know-how (e.g., Microsoft Azure Active Directory). Soft skills are self-developed, life-learned attributes (e.g., safety consciousness, adaptability).
Does it sound confusing?
Fear not! First, let’s make a list of some generic hard and soft skills for a help desk position:
Help Desk Skills List
These are great IT help desk services to have for the average help desk applicant.
But you’re not average , right? So no generic terms.
Now it’s time to scrutinize the job listing and underline resume keywords - the most important phrases in the job offer.
Just like when someone calls us for some IT support, we need to tailor the response to match. We want words that fit the job like an ergonomic office chair.
Now, how would you tailor your skills to this IT technical support engineer job description? See the skills there? Let me show you a few examples:
See the differences?
In the second one, your laziness is evident. In the first one, you look like the Chosen One, ready to lead the company into the help desk promised land.
Skills From Experience
So, you know how to use the ShoreTel phone system. That’s good.
But, let’s go for excellent.
Instead of stating that we understand the ShoreTel phone system in our skills section, we can quantify it by adding it under the appropriate experience:
Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist
January 2011 - December 2016
Silicon Circuitry, Inc., New York, NY
- Trained 30+ new employees with ShoreTel phone system.
Here, they’ll understand that we know the particular phone system. Rather than a vague knowledge, we show that we have years of hands-on experience.
Pro Tip: Try this: Type a bunch of your skills into an Excel column, with a number (1-10) of importance and help desk relevance in the adjacent column. Then, trim that fat until you have the best 5 or 6.
Want more tips for writing the perfect help desk resume skills list? See our guide: +30 Best Examples Of What Skills To Put On A Resume (Proven Tips)
How to Add Other Sections for an Effective Help Desk Resume
Contact info, check. Resume objective-slash-summary, got it.
Experience, education, skills - everything seems in order.
Time to send it off!
Not so fast.
Everyone since the dawn of time has added these sections to their help desk resumes.
Want to really tip the scales in your direction?
Then you need to add some other sections .
If you have some experience outside of work and school, list that on your help desk resume.
If you’ve volunteered at a summer camp, you could easily add this to your “Experience” section.
What if you’ve got an award, certification, or other commendation? Simple, create a dedicated section to highlight your additional superpowers:
Remember - relevant! That first one uses numbers and specifics to paint a picture of your talent. The second one is irrelevant, especially for a help desk resume.
Also, add two or more creative help desk resume bullets. If you can only think of one, skip it (unless it is a big one).
Pro Tip: When wrapping up, save your resume as a PDF. Your help desk resume PDF will keep your layout intact while presenting it in a popular and easy way.
Need more examples of hobbies and interests which work well on help desk resumes? Still not sure if you even want to add extra sections? Read our guide: +20 Best Examples of Hobbies & Interests to Put on a Resume (5 Tips)
Here's the Most Common Myth About Cover Letters
Peanut butter without jelly. Tricks without treats. Resumes without cover letters.
What do these all have in common?
They are all missing that one thing which completes them.
45% of recruiters say they will reject a resume without a cover letter . That’s about HALF .
But they’re so boring! And more than half don’t need it.
True, but you cut your chances in half if you don’t take the time to write a good help desk cover letter.
So, here’s a better idea: we’re going to make the best help desk cover letter possible.
Do you like getting emails addressing you as Dear User ?
Of course not. Neither do hiring managers.
Address the hiring manager by name in the help desk cover letter. It works like a dog whistle.
Cover letters are more than resumes with proper sentences. They are the difference between calling support and speaking to a live human rather than a terrible robot.
You don’t want to sound like a broken record. Don’t regurgitate the contents of your help desk resume but rather expand on your key selling points.
Use the cover letter to prove you can deliver on your promises.
Mention something about the company that you relate with. You dropped their name and caught their attention - now seal the deal with this next personalization.
Be witty. Be charming. Be clever.
Positively grab their attention - it will mean more than degrees and certifications you list in your professional help desk resume.
Plus, a great cover letter that matches your resume will give you an advantage over other candidates. You can write it in our cover letter builder here. Here's what it may look like:
See more cover letter templates and start writing.
Pro Tip: Research the company online and mention something in particular that stands out to you. This is something a resume can’t include and can really catch their eye!
Did you know that our resume builder will also help you write a professional help desk cover letter for the job of your dreams? For more, read our cover letter tips or find out exactly what to include on a cover letter .
Using this formula for a help desk resume and cover letter, you will have the key to unlocking many doors of opportunity.
- Personalize, Personalize, Personalize . Address the hiring manager by name in the cover letter. Mention the company in the resume heading. Make yours stand out.
- You want to join them, so make them need you . Use help desk resume action words and impressive achievements to wow them. Make your case by painting the best picture of yourself.
- Double- and triple-check . Spend an extra few minutes making sure that your resume and cover letter are up to par.
- Now . You should have the most attention-grabbing, best help desk resume out there. It’s time to attach the final help desk cover letter and resume to an email and send it off. Fingers crossed!
Now, just check out our career glossary , brush up with our interview tips , and practice the STAR method to be ready for your interview!
Do you have any questions on how to write a professional resume for help desk specialist positions? Not sure how to describe your skills or achievements? Give us a shout in the comments, and we’ll answer your question.
About Zety’s Editorial Process
This article has been reviewed by our editorial team to make sure it follows Zety's editorial guidelines . We’re committed to sharing our expertise and giving you trustworthy career advice tailored to your needs. High-quality content is what brings over 40 million readers to our site every year. But we don't stop there. Our team conducts original research to understand the job market better, and we pride ourselves on being quoted by top universities and prime media outlets from around the world.
Don't miss out on exclusive stories that will supercharge your career!
Get a weekly dose of inspiration delivered to your inbox
Top 15 Skills to Put on a Resume (Examples for All Jobs)
You want to know which exact skills to put on a resume to impress the recruiter? Give this article a read to find the know-how with a list of skills for your resume.
How to Make a Resume in 2023: Writing Guide + Examples
How to write a resume that will get the job done? This step-by-step guide will show you the best resume examples and how to make a professional resume in a few easy steps.
Customer Service Resume Examples, Tips, & Sample Summary
You know your way around people, but does your customer service resume prove it? Learn how to write a customer service representative resume that sends the right message.
Sample resume for a midlevel IT help desk professional
Does your help desk resume need help showcase technical, diagnostic and customer service skills to generate interest. get inspired with this sample..
Does your IT help desk resume need some help? Showcase your technical, diagnostic and customer service skills to generate interest from employers, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. Get inspired with this sample resume for a midlevel help desk professional that Isaacs created below, and download the midlevel IT help desk professional resume template in Word.
Jobs for IT help desk specialists are projected to grow by 11% (or 88,500 jobs) from 2016 through 2026, which is higher than average, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). You'll find the highest level of employment for this job in the following states: California , Texas , New York , Florida , and Illinois ; and in the following metropolitan areas: New York City , Chicago , Dallas , Washington D.C. , and Atlanta .
As an IT help desk specialist, you can expect to earn a median wage of $52,810 per year, or $25.39 per hour, according to the BLS.
Apply to IT help desk jobs
Midlevel IT Help Desk Professional resume template
Jordan Smith Sometown, TX 75035 Home: (555) 555-1234 | [email protected] | LinkedIn URL
MULTI-CERTIFIED IT HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Tier 1 Help Lines | Technical Support | User Training | Software/PC/LAN Troubleshooting
- MCDST, MOS and CompTIA A+ certified professional with four years of help desk experience providing software, hardware, client/server and networking technical support.
- Proven success working in high-volume, 24x7 technical call centers. Demonstrated strengths in rapidly diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving client issues.
- Consistently praised for communicating effectively with both technical and nontechnical users. Known for excellent problem-solving skills and patience in dealing with frustrated users.
- Technical Troubleshooting
- Hardware Configurations
- Offshore Team Collaboration
- Software Installs
- LAN Connectivity
- Problem Diagnosis
- Phone & Online Support
- Client/Server Models
- Preventive Maintenance
- User Training/Support
- Customer Service
- Complaint Handling
Process Flows & Call-Tracking Tools: ITIL incident management service processes; HEAT; Remedy; Zendesk; Freshdesk; Samanage; Desk.com Software: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access); VMware applications; Salesforce; anti-virus programs Browsers: Chrome; Safari; Firefox; MS Edge; IE; SeaMonkey Navigator; Opera Hardware: PCs, Laptops, Telephony Systems, Printers, Routers, Modems Networking: LAN & VPN/Remote Connectivity, TCP/IP Platforms: Windows, Unix, NetWare Servers, Citrix
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, TX Tier 1 Help Desk, 2015 to Present
- Routinely exceed call-handling goals, closing an average of 60 calls daily (25% above quota) with a 75% first-call resolution ratio and an average talk-time of 5.5 minutes -- well below 7-minute goal.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a range of software, hardware and connectivity issues. Excel in asking probing questions and researching, analyzing and rectifying problems.
XYZ COMPANY — Sometown, TX Help Desk Technician, 2012 to 2015
- Partnered with Tier II and Tier III help desk peers based in the US, India and Brazil to resolve complex problems that required escalation. Provided detailed descriptions of issues in trouble ticket system and followed up diligently to ensure swift resolutions.
- Received "outstanding" ratings on performance reviews each year, with top marks in teamwork, customer service, communication skills and technical problem-solving.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) CompTIA A+
ABC COLLEGE — Sometown, TX Completed Courses in Computer Science and Liberal Arts
Get a resume review
People look to you for help when their systems aren't properly working, and when it comes to your job search, there are people you can reach out to for help too. Could your resume benefit from a QA assessment? Get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service . You'll get detailed feedback in two business days, including a review of your resume's appearance and content, and a prediction of a recruiter's first impression. It's a quick and easy way to upgrade your job search.
Most Helpful In Resumes
Customizable Nurse Practitioner Resume Sample
By Jennifer Verta, Monster Contributor
How to Write a Successful LPN Resume
Freelance writer resume sample.
By Martina Mascali, Monster Contributor
Chef Resume Sample
Therapist resume sample.
By Venus Gentile, Monster Contributor
- Resume Examples
- Administrative Resumes
- Help Desk Resume Guide & Examples
IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Resume Examples: Proven To Get You Hired In 2023
IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Resume Template
Download in google doc, word or pdf for free. designed to pass resume screening software in 2022., it help desk (entry level) resume sample.
Help desk centers usually work in tiers, meaning that technicians have a designated level of complexity with technical support. Some of them handle advanced issues while others focus on basic setup tasks and lower-level troubleshooting. That is precisely the work of an entry-level IT help desk specialist since they don’t have extensive experience on their resume.
We're just getting the template ready for you, just a second left.
Recruiter Insight: Why this resume works in 2022
Tips to help you write your it help desk (entry level) resume in 2023, include volunteering experience in it..
Having a lack of professional experience in help desk centers doesn’t have to prevent you from applying to this position. You can also include relevant experience in volunteering and internships. These days, this type of on-the-job training has a lot of value in the IT industry.
Highlight projects in which you used your transferrable skills.
If you have worked in personal or extracurricular projects where you used your technical support skills, you can mention that in your resume. This is a good idea to demonstrate your value. You can highlight skills from this experience, such as problem-solving and troubleshooting.
IT Support Specialist Resume Sample
It support technician resume sample, help desk technician resume sample, it support associate resume sample, skills for it help desk (entry level) resumes.
Here are examples of popular skills from IT Help Desk (Entry Level) job descriptions that you can include on your resume.
- Active Directory
- Technical Support
- Microsoft Access
- Computer Hardware Troubleshooting
- Network Administration
- Computer Hardware
- Operating Systems
Skills Word Cloud For IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Resumes
This word cloud highlights the important keywords that appear on IT Help Desk (Entry Level) job descriptions and resumes. The bigger the word, the more frequently it appears on job postings, and the more likely you should include it in your resume.
How to use these skills?
Similar resume templates, desktop support.
- Inventory Manager Resume Guide
- Customer Success Resume Guide
- Administrative Assistant Resume Guide
- Warehouse Manager Resume Guide
- Desktop Support Resume Guide
Resume Guide: Detailed Insights From Recruiters
- Help Desk Resume Guide & Examples for 2022
Improve your IT Help Desk (Entry Level) resume, instantly.
Use our free resume checker to get expert feedback on your resume. You will:
• Get a resume score compared to other IT Help Desk (Entry Level) resumes in your industry.
• Fix all your resume's mistakes.
• Find the IT Help Desk (Entry Level) skills your resume is missing.
• Get rid of hidden red flags the hiring managers and resume screeners look for.
It's instant, free and trusted by 1+ million job seekers globally. Get a better resume, guaranteed .
IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Resumes
- Template #1: IT Help Desk (Entry Level)
- Template #2: IT Help Desk (Entry Level)
- Template #3: IT Support Specialist
- Template #4: IT Support Technician
- Template #5: Help Desk Technician
- Template #6: IT Support Associate
- Skills for IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Resumes
- Free IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Resume Review
- Similar Help Desk Resume Templates
- Other Administrative Resumes
- IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Interview Guide
- IT Help Desk (Entry Level) Sample Cover Letters
- Help Desk - 2023 Resume Guide
- Alternative Careers to a Help Desk Specialist
- All Resumes
- Resume Action Verbs
Download this PDF template.
Creating an account is free and takes five seconds. you'll get access to the pdf version of this resume template., choose an option..
- Have an account? Sign in
E-mail Please enter a valid email address This email address hasn't been signed up yet, or it has already been signed up with Facebook or Google login.
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number. It looks like your password is incorrect.
Forgot your password?
Sign up to get access to Resume Worded's Career Coaching platform in less than 2 minutes
Name Please enter your name correctly
E-mail Remember to use a real email address that you have access to. You will need to confirm your email address before you get access to our features, so please enter it correctly. Please enter a valid email address, or another email address to sign up. We unfortunately can't accept that email domain right now. This email address has already been taken, or you've already signed up via Google or Facebook login. We currently are experiencing a very high server load so Email signup is currently disabled for the next 24 hours. Please sign up with Google or Facebook to continue! We apologize for the inconvenience!
Password Show Your password needs to be between 6 and 50 characters long, and must contain at least 1 letter and 1 number.
Receive resume templates, real resume samples, and updates monthly via email
Lost your password? Please enter the email address you used when you signed up. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
E-mail This email address either hasn't been signed up yet, or you signed up with Facebook or Google. This email address doesn't look valid.
Back to log-in
These professional templates are optimized to beat resume screeners (i.e. the Applicant Tracking System). You can download the templates in Word, Google Docs, or PDF. For free (limited time).
access samples from top resumes, get inspired by real bullet points that helped candidates get into top companies., get a resume score., find out how effective your resume really is. you'll get access to our confidential resume review tool which will tell you how recruiters see your resume..
Writing an effective resume has never been easier .
Upgrade to resume worded pro to unlock your full resume review., get this resume template (+ 2 others), plus proven bullet points., for a small one-time fee, you'll get everything you need to write a winning resume in your industry., here's what you'll get:.
- 📄 Get the editable resume template in Google Docs + Word . Plus, you'll also get all 2 other templates .
- ✍️ Get sample bullet points that worked for others in your industry . Copy proven lines and tailor them to your resume.
- 🎯 Optimized to pass all resume screeners (i.e. ATS) . All templates have been professionally designed by recruiters and 100% readable by ATS.
Buy now. Instant delivery via email.
instant access. one-time only., what's your email address.
I had a clear uptick in responses after using your template. I got many compliments on it from senior hiring staff, and my resume scored way higher when I ran it through ATS resume scanners because it was more readable. Thank you!